Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(57 Posts)
12Michael Sat 19-Dec-20 06:13:06

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, and wet here in Brackley this morning .
Yesterday, I went and got some Fish & Chips and the owner added a little treat two pancake rolls .
Today , will venture to Bicester on the bus , I would have gone via Buckingham and hopefully seen someone I know , but we cannot cross tiers ,as the doors into Oxfordshire are open , Bicester is where I will go a bit later.
Take Care ,
Mick

Taichinan Sat 19-Dec-20 10:54:30

Good morning all. It's a grey, wet, breezy, yuk sort of day on the Angus coast, and I'm late again. At least I'm getting a reasonable amount of sleep - it's just at the wrong time!
I had a pleasant little day yesterday - the weather was brighter, a friend popped by with a present and I had facetime with my very-nearly-17 DGD. I can't believe she is that old - 17 sounds so much more grown up than 16, doesn't it!
Nothing on at all today, but certainly looking forward to the Strictly final. My favourite, Alex, won MasterChef - although any one of the final three would have been fine by me. So tonight my money's on HRVY to lift the trophy, with Bill Bailey second and Maisie third. What an amazing Strictly year this has been!
I eventually read yesterday's GM thread just before bedtime last night and now of course I can't remember which posts I wanted to respond to. There was Urms earache, which I hope is easing. I too wondered if it could be tooth-relatrd. And there was Grandmafrench's sage advice to Bella. Getting things into perspective is the way I always try to go, but it's easier said than done, I know! And thanks Bella for updating me on Malta's driving conditions. I hate to believe that it's worse than I remember it, but if the volume of traffic has increased ........
Anyway folks, I'm off to make a quick coffee before getting on and doing precisely nothing! I hope that everyone who is feeling low, or is poorly or in pain, has a better and brighter day today. ???

Gwenisgreat1 Sat 19-Dec-20 11:05:29

Good morning all from sunny Harrogate.
GrannyGravy13. What dreadful news to get, you have my sympathy and hope you manage to get through it.

My DD called with eggs (much easier to cook with than Egg Noodles, she says I have done worse!!??)
She told me DGS has a new trick up his sleeve. As they arrive at the school, he spies some friends and shout "Wait, Wait'. DD hurriedly unstraps him and lets him out of the car, he runs to his friends, and overtakes them. She has to go belting after him 'cause there is no telling where he will get to!! It's not PC to call a child with DS a monkey, but he is!!
Well, we've run out of biscuits, so baking is called for (I have 2 friends popping round this pm, so will have to give the garden table and chairs a wips

I'm so sorry so many of you have so many worries, chin up, the vaccine will be with us soon!

So sorry so many of you are having troubles just now

Georgesgran Sat 19-Dec-20 11:34:15

Good morning from Durham. Very heavy rain (again) overnight, but a beautiful Winter morning. DH was troubled by leg cramps during the night and doesn’t look at all rested. The peripheral neuropathy gets worse and of more concern than his cancer diagnosis. The Consultant says any benefits from his treatment must be weighed against these side effects which affect his quality of life.

So sorry to hear GG’s sad news. Never a good time for this. ?We’ve had our share of Christmas heartache, so I’ll be glad to get through it ?this time.

Wishing those with worries, troubles and ill health a peaceful day and for the rest of us - just crack on, as we do. X

Legs55 Sat 19-Dec-20 11:38:38

Good morning all, after the horrendous weather yesterday it has calmed down here in Devon. Sun is shining now but squally showers forecast, the minute I decide to go & tidy up in the garden the sun will disappear hmm

A busy day doing housework, bed changed, washer on, kitchen to deep clean before Christmas & then DGSs stocking presents to wrap.

Kind thoughts to all struggling with health issues flowers

MawBe Sat 19-Dec-20 11:39:50

Just popped back and read GG’s sad news. I am so sorry - how life can turn on a sixpence flowers
There are many shadows over this Christmas but (as it’s a sunny morning which always lifts my spirits) I am more and more certain that we do have to take what comfort we can from the pleasures permitted to us and (to use the cliché) count our blessings.

lincolnimp Sat 19-Dec-20 14:35:07

Hello from a dry and sunny Newark.
Small bed weeded and Lily of the Valley pips planted this morning, now to place the rest of the Nativity scenes that we collect around our new home.