Gransnet forums

Chat

What moved you to tears this festive season ?

(36 Posts)
tiredoldwoman Sat 02-Jan-21 11:27:56

4 bullfinches on my pheasant bush .

glammanana Sat 02-Jan-21 11:25:17

Not seeing my two GGC dashing in to give me hugs,and not having the head of the household sitting in his Captains chair at the head of the table after loosing him the xmas before it was very tearful.

FannyCornforth Sat 02-Jan-21 11:25:13

Realising that DH has long covid and life isn't going to be the same again.

Bridie22 Sat 02-Jan-21 11:20:38

watching Billy Elliott and missing somebody .

Nortsat Sat 02-Jan-21 11:19:42

I seemed to feel tearful at the drop of a hat.

Yesterday it was watching the New Years Day Concert by the Vienna Philharmonic... and the moving speech given by the conductor Ricardo Muti ??? about the value of music in these troubled times.

GagaJo Sat 02-Jan-21 11:18:21

Obviously, not being able to get home to see family.

But what reduced me to a blubbering wreck was hearing that my grandson (2, was expecting me home) had started thinking he saw me in the shops, on a bus etc and asking his mum if it was me. Oh lord, I'm off again. Breaks my heart that he is missing me.

eazybee Sat 02-Jan-21 11:14:15

Ben Hur, always does.

Calendargirl Sat 02-Jan-21 11:09:51

Opening our M&S food hamper from DD in Australia, reading the little card that accompanied it, just realising how many Christmases it has been since we actually spent the day with her (18), and just feeling sad about it all.

Kim19 Sat 02-Jan-21 11:06:21

Watching a golden oldie on telly and remembering where it took place, who I was with etc. All past joy surrounding that time rushed backed and emotionally crippled me. Happily I am in recovery and am as grateful as I can be for what I now have.

timetogo2016 Sat 02-Jan-21 10:57:31

Opening my christmas cards off my grandchildren and at the bottom of the card they wrote ( love you grandma and really really miss you and our cuddles}.
That`s it i`m off again.

Floradora9 Sat 02-Jan-21 10:52:37

For me it was not missing the GC because we saw them open their presents via Zoom. It was not having two to cater for instead of hoards , that was rather good . It was not the total lack of presents because that is what we ask for but hearing a lone bagpiper playing " When the Battle's Over " from the battlements of Edinburgh castle really moved me .