Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(82 Posts)
12Michael Mon 04-Jan-21 06:10:50

Good Morning Everyone,
Its still dark here in Brackley this morning, a usual day for me under the current circumstances.
Maybe a walk , but will stay safe in my flat and avoid any contact with others .
Take Care,
Mick

Happyme Mon 04-Jan-21 12:58:50

Hi urmstongran?, thank you. Wanted a positive moniker. As you can tell I haven't starter on the cooker cleaning yet.....or the exercising!!! Time for another cup of tea methinks ......this chat is leading me astray grin

Urmstongran Mon 04-Jan-21 13:01:24

Doing what makes you happy then HappyMe!
Quite right.

GrannySomerset Mon 04-Jan-21 13:55:22

DH’s trip to the walk in centre took an hour and a half, door to door, with efficient and kindly treatment by an expert nurse. We have to go back on Thursday, which is a pain, but we are most grateful for such good treatment. In normal times our own surgery acts as a minor injuries unit, and DH has had the consequences of falls treated there several times, but nothing is normal at the moment. Yet again, thank goodness for the NHS!

Callistemon Mon 04-Jan-21 14:25:57

grandMattie

I've got no excuse, Callistemon, I've got my own office/study/sewing room!

Do we need to tell everyone our house value before we can join this thread?

It can't be worth a lot, as I don't have a sewing room!

Auntieflo Mon 04-Jan-21 14:33:52

Good afternoon Mick, Annie, and all.. Apologies, again, for tardiness.
I actually hoovered downstairs earlier, rather that just G-tech, and as it is a New Year, gave it a birthday and changed the bag.
Then we had to have coffee, before I went to the Drs for a blood test. The nurse asked me what it was for? I didn't know, just turn up and hold out arm for removal of blood. She is new, to be fair, but found out that it is a yearly thing as I am on blood thinners.
I had been going to take the glass recycling with me and get rid of it at the local shops, but glad I didn't , as the bins were overflowing.
Then we drove to town to collect an order from Robert Dyas, so took the recycling to the bins in Waitrose car park. They were also pretty stuffed full.
Home to a pot of tea and a sandwich lunch, and a catch up with GN.
Hope Marydoll is getting stronger, and sorry to hear that MrGagagran, has had catheter problems, and that GrannySomerset's DH has been in the wars.
StillLearning, I used to love Norah Lofts books, but haven't read any for such a long time.
Such a lot to take in, and can't remember all who have been having problems.
Best wishes to Gillybob if she pops in.
Enjoy the rest of the day, one and all, and apologies for the ramblings. ?

Callistemon Mon 04-Jan-21 14:49:14

before I went to the Drs for a blood test. The nurse asked me what it was for?
Auntieflo I had to go for a blood test this morning.
The nurse said "Ooh, the vampires are going to be pleased with this little lot*, so I presume that's what it's for!
We then had a chat about the vampire finches on the TV last night.