Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(98 Posts)
12Michael Wed 06-Jan-21 06:13:00

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark outside but its dry here in brackley , take down xmas cards day this morning, plus a small shop later .
Planning not to travel anywhere , as I gather even if I went to Bicester on the bus , the Police are stopping people on the streets and asking questions of where they are from.
Take Care,
Mick

FannyCornforth Wed 06-Jan-21 07:47:48

Good morning from me in a very frosty Derby.
Just popping in to send my love to Mary. I've only been on here for a few months, and she has been so kind and supportive. A really lovely lady thanks I do hope that you get well soon Mary x
Also thinking of Charley thanks
You gave Tara the best life.
Hope everyone has a peaceful day

MawBe Wed 06-Jan-21 07:48:32

Good morning all and special wishes to those poorly, in pain, worried or like Marydoll, in hospital.
I have made the mistake of looking at the online paper this morning and the shambles of the vaccine “roll out” has just depressed me further.
I can hear the clatter of the bin lorry outside so the world n N Bucks is waking up, but it is still very dark. I think it must have rained in the night too, but have no idea what is in store for us today.
Wishing you all a gentle day, keep safe.

Ashcombe Wed 06-Jan-21 07:49:28

A late good morning from a chilly Torbay! I didn’t wake up until after 7.00 today which is rare!

Like many on here, it’s TIB before I’m fully functional! Living in a flat means it’s only a few steps to the kitchen. The last morning of switching on my candle bridge as I must take down my decorations today. ☹️ Apparently, some folk keep lights up until Candlemas, which is on the 2nd February!

As you can see from the Nativity photo which I took at church on Sunday, the Magi have found the stable.

“A cold coming we had of it for our journey...” T.S. Eliot.

Every blessing to those in pain of any kind; kind thoughts to Marydoll and *Charleygirl”. ?

Marydoll Wed 06-Jan-21 07:56:37

Good morning all from Coronary Care, in Paisley. The paramedics were debating where to take me, as I live close to a number of A&Es, but that is where I wanted to go, because I knew it would be so much less stressful for Mr MD, no motorways and parking to worry about.
I bet that I have surpassed everyone else for location! Always the drama queen!!!
Its -6°here. Well outside, I'm sitting in tropical temperatures., so no complaints here.

I'm hoping to get home today, Covid has made the hospital a very scary place to be. Despite being a shielder, it wasn't possible to keep me away from others, but I had no option after suffering a minor heart attack during the night.
In a perverse way, it was a godsend, as my medication has been tweaked and all the blood tests I couldn't have due to shielding were done, for which I'm really grateful.

Of course, I do have some tales to tell, including a French paramedic, who looked after me very well! I managed to revise some French and get his life story out of him in the short time we spent together. blush wink

I'm overwhelmed by all the kind messages and PMs. Its all a bit too much for me to reply to at the moment, but thank you all. I have lots to take in.

Please take care everyone. Sending you my love to you all oh I'm becoming too soppy!!

GrandmasueUK Wed 06-Jan-21 08:02:09

Good morning Mick and all who follow. Hoping *Marydoll" had a good night last night and she is back home soon. Just getting light here in Greater Manchester . I've already put a new colour on my hair and had my shower, wished my son in Portugal happy birthday and sent a message to my daughter who went to work an hour ago. She's working till nine tonight so won't see any daylight today.

I've got some news inks to try out from my art box this month, so I'l try and get creative. It's hard to get motivated at the moment. I should take a break from reading and sorting out already tidy cupboards and drawers!

Hope everyone with ills or worries has as peaceful a day as possible.

Stay safe xx

baubles Wed 06-Jan-21 08:07:03

Good morning all, how lovely to see you Marydoll, so glad to hear that you’re feeling better, cheers to our NHS!

Lins1066 Wed 06-Jan-21 08:09:29

Good morning Mick and all from a cold and frosty S Welsh coast, 2 degrees here. Glad to hear that you have a swift referral * corner*.
Sending my love to Marydoll, I hope you are back home soon xx
I would love to go to Norway Viridian, perhaps you have Viking descent??
My late mil had a teasmade and loved it, and she was fussy about her tea.
Our window cleaners are coming shortly to clean the fascias, they did the windows yesterday, rather than than me in this cold.
Best wishes to everyone, and a gentle group hug for us all in these worrying times.

Jaxjacky Wed 06-Jan-21 08:11:38

Good morning Mick and all from a dark S Hants, looks a bit damp outside, no frost. Hoping Marydoll has had a peaceful night and will be home soon.
Bed stripping later, it’s nearly a year since the GC’s stayed over and I’d be stripping their beds too. Not sure how many days DD will be working at her school, in the first lockdown they had a rota but this time a lot more people are claiming key worker status.
Out for my walk later, even though it’s only a 20 minute walk around the block it improves my mood, I rarely see anyone, everyone seems hunkered down. The farm shop yesterday was just me shopping at 8am, so stocked up on veg and a food delivery due on Saturday.
Have a peaceful day all.

Oldbutstilluseful Wed 06-Jan-21 08:21:00

Wonderful to hear from Marydoll. So good to know you’re on the mend. Hurry home.

Viridian Wed 06-Jan-21 08:21:01

'Viridian, perhaps you have Viking descent??' Lins, I wish! My cousin is a naturalised Norwegian, left the UK as a teenager and stayed there. Most interestingly, had a dreadful stammer in English but it's never emerged in Norwegian. Lovely to hear from Marydoll.

BlueBelle Wed 06-Jan-21 08:21:48

Only just caught this oh marydoll so sorry I hope it s just a minor blip and you are safe and well fingers firmly crossed

NannyJan53 Wed 06-Jan-21 08:22:51

Good morning from a frosty Black Country.

So good to hear you are feeling better Marydoll and that they were able to tweak your medications. Hopefully you will be home soon flowers

Regarding the vaccination, there is a vaccine calculator website, where you put in your details and gives you an approximation of when you can expect to receive it. My first one is between 17th March to 3rd April, and second one between 9th June to 25th June. We will see smile

We had a long walk yesterday to the park and back. There was quite a few at the park with their children.

No real plans today, I just may make a start on that ironing postponed from yesterday!

Wishing you all a good day

harrigran Wed 06-Jan-21 08:23:50

Good morning from the NE.
Sainsbury delivery this morning, still no French goat's cheese.
DH has informed me that we are in the middle of the highest number of virus cases, the estates surrounding us had numbers rocket after Christmas. No surprises there.
Get well soon Marydoll

baubles Wed 06-Jan-21 08:24:40

Oops! Hadn’t finished. Morning Mick, S Lanarkshire is still a snowy wasteland, well our part of it anyway.

DH didn’t have the best of days, he had been for his kidney scan, he said the questions the sonographer asked worried him but then he couldn’t actually tell me what those questions were! Anyhoo he came home, driving very slowly along the ice rink which is our street, turned into the slightly sloping driveway when the car took on a life of its own and slid into the garage door with with a huge bang.
It will be Sunday before the damage assessor comes out, I can’t get into the garage and my tumble dryer and clothes horse is in there. Oh and the damage to the car won’t be cheap to put right I’m sure. Hey ho, it could have been much worse though.

DH had ordered over shoe ice cleats for both of us which arrived yesterday afternoon so I’ll give them a go later. I’ve been anxious about going out, I’d be taking my life in my hands on the ice and we can’t get hold of grit for love nor money.

Supermarket delivery today and not much else happening. Have the best possible day everyone

Kalu Wed 06-Jan-21 08:25:38

Good morning all. It’s a cold and frosty morning here in Glasgow but the day has begun with a beautiful sunrise.

Hobbling about with a walking stick at present as I slipped on the garden path and bashed my knee. Thankfully no broken bones and it all happened so quickly. R and R today!

Hoping you are allowed home today Marydoll. x

Have a pleasant day all.

dragonfly46 Wed 06-Jan-21 08:28:19

Good morning from a very chilly Leicestershire.

Nothing planned today except Ocado delivery with no substitutions!

Good to hear from you Marydoll I hope you get home today.

Pleased to hear your DGD is safely home Bellasnana.

brook2704 Wed 06-Jan-21 08:35:21

Lovely to hear from you marydoll and so pleased you’ll be home soon. Look after yourself or better still let someone look after you and please take a well earned rest ?
So sorry to hear about your DH and car and garage door baubles not what you want at all but thank goodness everyone is safe. The ice is treacherous so please take care out there and hope the ice cleats work ok

Gingster Wed 06-Jan-21 08:35:23

Good morning and it’s another dreary day here in Essex.

So lovely to hear from Marydoll - we have all been concerned about you. ?☕️.

I had lots of phone chats and messages from old friends yesterday. I was all talked out by the evening but so lovely to hear from them all. It’s funny that, although none of us has any news, we can still chat for ages. ?.

I will walk pooch this morning and DH does the afternoon shift. It’s so wet in the fields and woods, so we walk her around the neighbourhood so she can have a good sniff and a bit of excercise. Not the same as romping after her ball and chasing Squirrells though.

Did anyone watch Ben Fogle last night. People who have opted out of the ‘rat-race’ and live in the wild. I keep thinking of the family on the mountainside in Wales. Not much fun in this weather I wouldn’t think. ?

We used to have a teasmaid and as Grandmafrench quite rightly says, it’s like being woken up by roadworkers. Not a gentle alarm call ?.

Well everyone, onwards and upwards. ?

Urmstongran Wed 06-Jan-21 08:39:04

Oh so good to hear from you Marydoll and you sound chipper too! ?

My candlebridge is staying up till Candlemas (thanks to *grandMattie!). It’s a soft comforting light to have in our bedroom of an evening - whilst Himself is in the main room watching football! It’s Man. City tonight, was Spurs last night and Liverpool on Monday. He’s happy, I’m happy! We do occasionally get together ...

Oh dear, broken kettles, a bashed car, trapped laundry, delayed vaccinations. We need a group hug.

Elizabeth1 Wed 06-Jan-21 08:40:12

Good morning all from a dark and cold east coast of Fife. I worked with a client who loved her teas— made I just had to remember to put the water in before going to bed and place the cup in the proper place. My client loved it she used it every morning it gave her a real hot cup of tea when she woke up. Great things they are. I remember when they first came out I used to get the fright of my life when the water scooted into the cup I’d still be sound asleep at the time and wondered what the noise was.oh well must waken up the Carer will be in soon. Love to everyone today rest easy and take care be kind to yourself and anyone else out there a smile doesn’t cost any thing but can go a long way flowers

Sparklefizz Wed 06-Jan-21 08:40:48

Good morning Mick and all GNs from very frosty South Glos. Actually, it's weird because the road and cars are covered with thick frost but the grass isn't.

Sorry to hear that you're in hospital Marydoll and hope you soon feel better and are able to go home. Also sorry to hear that Charleygirl had to have Tara put to sleep. As if things aren't bad enough.

Nothing exciting happening for me today except the boiler man is coming to do a service. I shall have to do a load of disinfecting and cleaning whatever I think he might have touched once he leaves. Sigh.

Special thoughts to all who are not well, sad or anxious. Stay safe everyone.

ginny Wed 06-Jan-21 08:40:50

Good Morning all. N. Bucks is cold, dull and raining as I type.

Glad to see that Marydoll is feeling better.

We are taking lunch and some supplies to MIL today. She is in our bubble. If the rain clears we will stop at the country park which is on the way for our daily exercise.

Hope to finish knitting a baby cardigan today and make a start on the crochet blanket.
The wool was delivered yesterday by our lovely Postlady. We were out for a walk when she tried to deliver the parcel but saw us walking back so, she turned around and bought it to me. So nice of her.

Hope you all find a ? today.

Pittcity Wed 06-Jan-21 08:43:14

Good morning from a brightening Colchester which is a couple of degrees above freezing.
Same again here...nothing.
DH had planned to go fishing but even that is closed this time round.
Our online Wednesday meetup has fizzled out as we are all getting Zoom fatigue.
I have to try to persuade DS to go through his room to sort clutter. He is going back to his Naval base at the weekend and we will probably be moving house before he is allowed home again.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 06-Jan-21 08:50:41

Good morning Muck and all

Marydoll it’s good to hear from you, if you are allowed home today, please behave and rest thanks

Decorations are coming down today, I will
be sad to see them go.

Keep safe and well folks, it is getting scary outside at the moment ?‍♀️

Grammaretto Wed 06-Jan-21 08:51:18

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. A pretty snow scene here but no doubt treacherous underfoot.
Hello Marydoll!!
Good news that you are recovering but not good to have had a heart attack. flowers
I hope to get my broadband/wifi working today. The computer man is trying to help me distantly.
Your sums are pretty good first thing in the day Urms it must be all the home schooling you do. grin
Sorry to hear you fell Kalu
Was it this time last year we met at the concert hall in Glasgow?
I hope everyone has a good day or as good as you can manage.