Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(98 Posts)
12Michael Wed 06-Jan-21 06:13:00

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark outside but its dry here in brackley , take down xmas cards day this morning, plus a small shop later .
Planning not to travel anywhere , as I gather even if I went to Bicester on the bus , the Police are stopping people on the streets and asking questions of where they are from.
Take Care,
Mick

EmilyHarburn Wed 06-Jan-21 10:29:01

Good morning Nick. I agree with you that it is best to stay at home and not travel. I forget if you have had your vaccination. My husband and I get ours on Friday Morning. It will be Pfizers.

Kalu Wed 06-Jan-21 10:31:19

Almost a year now Grammaretto! Little did we know then what a dreadful year was ahead for us. Such a sad time for you I was so sorry to hear?. No idea how far ahead we will have to look to for our next catch up but I continue to look forward to the next one.

All because I wanted to feed the birds Gfrench. I’m afraid they will have to wait for a thaw now.
A hobble to the freezer for a bag of frozen peas GrannyOwl. That was my thinking too. ?

BlueSapphire Wed 06-Jan-21 10:31:22

Have just read Marydoll's news and glad to see that she is her usual chirpy self. Hoping that she takes it easy and recovers well.

Gwenisgreat1 Wed 06-Jan-21 10:35:28

Good Morning all from sunny Harrogate (with a smattering of snow on the ground)

Here's a wee rhyme that might make you laugh

It’s Lockdown for me, It’s Lockdown for me,
If you're no’ in Lockdown, you're nae use to me,
The Police are braw, the Firemen an' a',
But the cocky wee Lockdown's the pride o' them a'.

To be sung to A Gordon's for me a Gordon's for me!
With apologies to Andy Stewart

Enough of that Marydoll my thoughts are with you, get better soon.
Have yet to take the tree and lights down - that's today's job, then an attempt at cleaning! Am hoping to speak to my sister SWest Scotland find out what's doing up there!! Spoke to my sister in Surrey yesterday her GD had tested positive last week and negative this week, great news.

Shall pop in and read more thoroughly later,
Meanwhile have the best day you can.

Jaxjacky Wed 06-Jan-21 10:37:42

Just popped back and very pleased to see Marydoll has posted ?
Nortsat I have never ordered myself flowers, what an excellent idea, thank you.

Gelisajams Wed 06-Jan-21 10:38:55

Good morning from Morecambe Bay where we have just returned from a longish walk. A blue sky, a bright half moon and frosty ground. Perfect!
Skimming through the posts , I’ll catch up properly later, I was worried to hear Marydoll was having problems. I did notice she hadn’t posted yesterday but didn’t check later so I was unaware.
However I notice her post just now so may I add my wishes for a speedy recovery.
Take care everyone and stay safe ?

Grandmabatty Wed 06-Jan-21 10:43:59

Good morning All. It's still very frosty and perishing cold in Polmont. Blue skies though, which is cheerier than the usual grey. I read the posts earlier but wanted to nip to aldi for bread and milk before it got busy. I'm also expecting a delivery of a new phone. They promised same/next day delivery so hopefully today. Marydoll it is good to hear from you. It must have given you and Mr Marydoll a fright though. Lots of rest and I hope you get home today. I have, again, no plans for today. If the new phone arrives then I will spend time playing with it. Other than that, a woollen wash, a quick hoover and some cross stitch and reading to do. Have a good day all.

Stilllearning Wed 06-Jan-21 10:46:19

Morning from a very icy S Lanarkshire, really sorry but not surprised to hear about your accident story baubles, roads and pavements are terrible here, I can't remember ever knowing so many people with falling injuries, I'm so glad your DH wasn't hurt, although both he and you will have got a shock you could have done without.
Happy to read your typically upbeat post Marydoll, you're very brave, I hope that you do get safely home today and your husband and family can breathe out.
Good wishes to everyone for the best day possible

Blossoming Wed 06-Jan-21 10:57:16

Good morning all. I managed to get out for a walk yesterday, but the frost and ice are back today so I’m going to be scrubbing shower rooms.

hulahoop Wed 06-Jan-21 11:09:25

Morning from West York's it's frosty this morning but very clear skies and sunshine so a walk later we are defrosting freezer today .?to all feeling under the weather hope marydoll comfortable and escapes soon .

Taichinan Wed 06-Jan-21 11:10:18

A quick good morning from a bright frosty freezing Angus coast. So sorry you had to go into hospital Marydoll but glad to hear you sounding cheerful. Hope you are released this afternoon, but the ward will miss you!
There seem to have been a lot mishaps amongst us, so sending lots of ???.
Good to hear that some are getting their vaccinations - the only people I have heard of here who have had one are in the NHS. I expect I'll hear something one of these days. At 79 I had anticipated maybe the second half of January, so we'll see.
It's lovely to read the posts and hear everyone being so cheery. My cheery seems to have disappeared - I'm just so fed up with my own company - something I never thought I'd hear myself say! Oh well, onwards and - hopefully - upwards.
Have the best day you all can. ???

gillgran Wed 06-Jan-21 11:22:06

Good Morning to you all from a cold & damp Cambs.,

Last of the Christmas decorations to be taken down & put away today.

I am really pleased to see Marydoll's post on here, thinking of you & wishing you well. Hope you are feeling better & get back home soon. flowers

Warm wishes to you all,

Take Care Folks.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 06-Jan-21 11:30:50

Decorations all down, tree is at the end of drive awaiting the green bin men tomorrow. I am off to shower before DD and GC arrive for afternoon school!!!

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️

mrswoo Wed 06-Jan-21 11:35:04

Just popped in to say how pleased I was to see marydoll posting and that she is being well looked after.
I have just spent an hour cleaning the bird feeders - very therapeutic too - and was rewarded by the arrival of a greenfinch. I haven't seen one since last autumn.
Wishing everyone the best possible day.

Aldom Wed 06-Jan-21 11:45:02

Marydol Wishing you a speedy recovery and a safe return home.

cornergran Wed 06-Jan-21 12:37:52

Popped back for news you marydoll and there you were. Heart issues aren’t what you need, as the blood tests are then perhaps not so bad after all. If you aren’t discharged today let me know if you need help to dig the escape tunnel smile. Sending love.

Curlywhirly Wed 06-Jan-21 12:46:48

Good afternoon from a sunny and crisp Cheshire. I haven't read the whole thread yet (been hoovering my car) but see that Marydoll has let us know how she is. Glad to hear that she may go home today and that she has had those elusive tests done. I am afraid that our son, DIL and granddaughter have all tested positive for Covid. DIL feels OK, just has a bad headache; DGD has no symptoms, but our son is really suffering - extreme fatigue, aching joints, chills etc. Hope he manages to shake it off. Luckily, our 2 year old DGS tested negative. This is getting scary, we now know quite a few people who have it. Take care everyone, especially those who are vulnerable.

LauraNorder Wed 06-Jan-21 13:25:20

Good afternoon Mick and all. I popped in earlier and was relieved to see you posting Marydoll, hope you get your wish to be home today.
I then went off to take down the ? and all the lights, cards and decorations. Have rearranged pot plants and flowers to fill the gaps and am happy that our new cream couches don’t look dull after getting rid of the deep red ones just before Christmas.
I keep wandering in and out of the sitting room taking great pleasure in the new look, despite the blue plastic protectors still on the windows, and the smell of polish.
So finally I have caught up on your posts, slips and falls, a bumped car, doctor and dental appointments, life going on.
I hope I don’t put you under pressure Grandmafrench but you seem to be keeping up all of our spirits at the moment, thank you for that touch of happy Mediterranean sunshine.
I’m off to check out the funny teasmaid story on nightowls.
Hope we all find something to chuckle about today. Take care.

LauraNorder Wed 06-Jan-21 13:32:12

Georgesgran your teasmaid story made me laugh ?

mrshat Wed 06-Jan-21 14:15:51

Marydoll Within the space of 30 minutes I was so upset to read you were in hospital and then elated to read your positive post! Look after yourself; make haste slowly! Keep safe and warm flowers

Borrheid55 Wed 06-Jan-21 14:45:47

Marydoll glad to hear you’re on the mend. What an amazing reaction to your update. Good news too about having your bloods done. My mother was in that hospital with pneumonia a few months ago and they really looked after her. I have two family members who work there - one in dermatology and the other an HCA. You will recognise the name of the HCA if you meet her! Now do as you are told, stay safe and relax! Much love to you!

Nannagarra Wed 06-Jan-21 19:24:16

flowers Marydoll , annsixty , dragonfly, travelsafar and all you lovely people. x