Gransnet forums

Chat

Is this allowable do you think ?

(134 Posts)
NanKate Sat 09-Jan-21 13:54:46

About 4 miles from our home is NT Cliveden which has a massive estate to walk round with an Oriental, Long, Rose Gardens, plus woods to explore.

We have been going regularly for our exercise and the tickets have to be bought online and numbers are regulated. They also have a kiosk for take away coffee and snacks.

We are due to go again this coming week. We now have our coffee and biscuits brought from home in the car on arrival to avoid going to the kiosk.

DH thinks the police could say we have driven too far and are having a mini picnic. If they allowed in only those folks who live nearby, they would have virtually no one visiting as it is in countryside.

It’s a toss up whether we go or not.

ExD Tue 12-Jan-21 09:02:45

Its not 'clever' finding a way round the corona regulations.

Madwoman11 Tue 12-Jan-21 09:23:16

No you aren't allowed to travel for your walk now. The police are fining people and are hell bent on stopping such things. You can go out for a walk close to home though, but from what I heard yesterday even having tea could be classed as a picnic and therefore you could be fined.

lemsip Tue 12-Jan-21 09:23:32

many thanks Maggiemaybe

Greeneyedgirl Tue 12-Jan-21 13:08:13

Where does it say you can’t travel to your walk Madwoman?

sart Tue 12-Jan-21 13:40:18

Maybe Madwoman, like me is in Wales. We are supposed to take our daily exercise from our front door and not travel to exercise

Greeneyedgirl Tue 12-Jan-21 14:28:59

Thanks sart didn’t think of that. At least it’s clear for you.

Madwoman11 Wed 13-Jan-21 10:30:59

It's all over the news atm

Madwoman11 Wed 13-Jan-21 10:32:12

Sorry I'm in West Yorkshire