Gransnet forums

Chat

Virtual plane trip for Club Gransnet - where to?!

(133 Posts)
ixion Sun 10-Jan-21 14:47:22

When I first joined, there was a thread suggesting interested parties hire a plane to visit lived ones in NZ/OZ.
Please can we charter another?
I am only now missing my son and his little family in Brisbane. I know he would be pleased to meet you all if you'd like a stopover (?), as much as I would love to see more of these countries- and, maybe, GNetters too.
Any joiners? Where shall we call?
As for creature comforts, I should like, please, proper beds and a shower and the sheer joy of the Argy Bargy staff to organise the drinks and eats (ensuring that we do get to our destination in corpore sano )

Lucca Tue 12-Jan-21 18:57:33

ixion

There, that's the spirit, AGA.
Just hope all the other Club members are as well-behaved as you.
Any suggestions for the inflight rule book?

No crafting on board.

Jane10 Tue 12-Jan-21 20:09:03

I'm only interested in refined entertainment. Perhaps a string quartet or a supply of improving books. I may bring my tatting.

ixion Tue 12-Jan-21 20:25:31

In flight lectures to improve the mind?
I shall invite David Attenborough and Brian Cox (the star chappie) - for very different reasons...

rozina Tue 12-Jan-21 21:48:07

I’d like to be dropped off in Mayreau in the Grenadines. Where I would happily stay for the rest of lockdown sipping cocktails and on nature trails!

Widnesbabcia Tue 12-Jan-21 21:58:44

A trip to Warrington from widnes would do me right now ?

LauraNorder Wed 13-Jan-21 14:03:40

Widnesbabcia

A trip to Warrington from widnes would do me right now ?

?

ixion Wed 13-Jan-21 14:15:55

Perhaps, Widnesbabcia, the Club Gransnet Whirleygig might suit your purpose better in this instance?

Missee - for sure we will just fly round and round, no limitations! See you in the lounge........