Gransnet forums

Chat

what time do you have your meals?

(129 Posts)
Franbern Tue 12-Jan-21 18:14:11

Okay, another thread to see if there is any interest. Anything which takes us away from The News at present!!!!

So, for those of you who are home, retired, when do you have your meals. Obviously, we are no longer governed by going to and getting home from work, and unlikely to have children around us.

Once I retired, I found that without the alarm clock my body-clock woke me around 8.00 am each morning. I get up and have my breakfast immediately, getting showered and dressed much later (between 9.00 and 10.00 am).

I then have a very early, light lunch, soon after midday.

Do have a hot drink (winter), cold one in summer, during the afternoon, but then have my main meal soon after 5 pm. I know this is very early, but I am a long-time ostomist and find that eating early helps me have less interruptions for loo visits during the night.

The only thing I have later is a Green Tea.

My children & g.children find my meal times quite difficult, as it does mean (when we are permitted) that it is difficult to arrange going to a restaurant. When we do, they always try to book the earliest possible sitting - usually around 6 pm. They are all very good about this, but I know find it mildly irritating, that I just will not eat later.

I was surprised today when I phoned someone at midday and they said they would phone me back as they were just having the lunch. Thought it was only me that ate that so early.

Just be interesting to know what other retired people do about mealtimes.

Grandmabatty Thu 14-Jan-21 17:16:13

i before e except after c but only when the sound is ee

Mrst1405 Thu 14-Jan-21 20:03:42

We retired very early and. Iive in Northern Spain . We got later over the years. Dh brings me tea in bed about 7 am then light breakfast about 9.30. Coffee about 11 then lunch about 1.15 for Bargin Hunt ( spanish time) . Tea about 7 ish which is ridiculous early by Spanish standards. Most resurants don't take bookings before 8 and 10pm is a normal for a family meal.....all this in normal times.

Kim19 Thu 14-Jan-21 21:00:59

F, I was regularly but gently brainwashed with this suggestion that bf is the most important meal of the day. Every time I tried it, I felt absolutely lousy. Another regularly expounded theory is 'listen to/know your body'. I'm pandering to that. Also, nowadays I don't tend to make it to the kitchen much before 1100 so it's all coming together nicely for me albeit by default.