Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(71 Posts)
12Michael Wed 13-Jan-21 06:11:32

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but wet outside here in Brackley this morning , my usual day of a small shop .
Yesterday , I had more food orders from Parsley Box and Sausage Man together with DHL ,at the time slot given.
Anyway , reading paperwork in Parsley Box , they are now doing chilled choices of meat ,and fish a choice of two , plus a larger one the basic meat and fish are £29.99 a pack.
Take Care,
Mick

HAZBEEN Wed 13-Jan-21 06:18:35

Good morning Mick and everyone who follows, I am really early today, I didn't know there were two 6 o clocks in a day!!!
Actually I have had a bit of a bad night, not really slept at all. My mind just would not shut down. It happens now and again and has got worse with lockdown like last year.
The hall got its fresh coat of paint yesterday, thats the whole flat redecorated in the last few months, I just know my OH will complain of being bored today! Pity the weather isnt better he could have started on the garden!!
I haven't got anything planned today, will wait and see what happens.
Stay safe all.

grandMattie Wed 13-Jan-21 06:23:10

Good morning from dark, dry, chilly E Kent.
Mick, it was nice that all your orders came together. Re. Parsley box - what do you get for your money? A week’s worth?
Nothing going on here. Laundry today. My fave - not.
Run out of fabric and wadding to finish my quilt. The local haberdashery will do “Click and collect” but haven’t replied to my mail yet.
Hope today brings respite to those in pain, sorrow, fear, or just plain cheesed off. Stay safe. X

cornergran Wed 13-Jan-21 06:27:48

Morning Mick, morning All from a dark, damp corner of Somerset. Sorry you had a bad night hazbeen, those head like a washing machine nights are exhausting. Early start for Mr C’s covid vaccination, I’m relieved it’s his turn, he’s more excited about being able to take the car for a drive grin. Grocery delivery later and some dust removal in between will fill the day nicely. Go gently everyone, be kind to yourselves, special thoughts to all with heavy hearts.

Beechnut Wed 13-Jan-21 06:32:09

Good Morning everyone from Severnside. It’s a dark foggy start.

Some admin and pottering for me today and some cleaning. I’ll try and remember to take the lights off the trees outside now the batteries have gone.

I’ve been wondering about Parsley Box Mick. I’m guessing as you’ve had them a few times they are nice. Do you get a decent portion with them?

Take care all ?

Ashcombe Wed 13-Jan-21 06:37:26

Good morning to Mick and the early birds (there’s a name for a sixties band!) plus all who follow, from a mild, calm Torbay.

Sorry your night hasn’t been restful, HAZBEEN. Nights like that are annoying. Since being prescribed various meds for my heart a year ago, my sleep has been disturbed by too many calls of Nature but last night was exceptional in there only being one!

This afternoon I shall meet on Zoom with our Toads theatre social club. We are mostly 60+ so the first ten minutes usually involves comments like:

“Turn on your microphone!”
“Take your thumb off the camera!”
“Who's left their TV switched on? I can hear Countdown!”

All good fun! It passes an hour and it’s reassuring to see folk, some of whom are well into their 80's.

Have a good day, everyone and I hope something gives you a reason to smile. ?

Dwmxwg Wed 13-Jan-21 06:54:43

Good morning from north Surrey, haven’t peeped out yet to see what’s happening but will be layering up for my PT session at 8
Sorry to hear you had a bad night Hazbeen, hope it is a “one off” , it has been good to see you back posting.
It is DGD1’s 3rd birthday today, am sure mum and dad will make it a special one. DS sent me a video of the girls in the bath together, the older one making the 4 month old laugh, so cute. A short family zoom is planned for all to wish her a happy birthday this afternoon.
I have a visit to mum and dad today, the weekly shop and then to DD’s to look after the boys overnight as she is working.
I am enjoying being busy again and feeling useful
Good to hear more GNs getting their vaccinations
Stay safe all and have a good day

harrigran Wed 13-Jan-21 07:10:41

Good morning from a frosty NE where it is -1.
Sainsbury's delivery this morning, didn't really need anything other than the basics but will keep the store cupboard stocked.
Take care all.

kittylester Wed 13-Jan-21 07:18:01

Good morning all from a dark but dry North Leicestershire.

I have thawed some mince do will make a big pot of bolognese sauce for this evening and to freeze. Our cleaner will come this morning. It's an upstairs week this week so I am staying in the kitchen.

Zoom course this evening!!

Thank you all for your good wishes for DS - he is getting loads better.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 13-Jan-21 07:28:51

Good morning Mick and all

Still dark here in S E Essex, no GC today so I shall change beds and do some washing.

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️

Beauregard Wed 13-Jan-21 07:29:43

Good morning all from a rainy Derbyshire.

I'm so glad to be able to report that DH's operation yesterday was a great success and went as well as it possibly could have. He played a masterstroke by mentioning his anxiety about the procedure and it was decided to operate on him first. I had dropped him off at the hospital at 1pm and was back to collect him at 4.30pm! He has some pain and discomfort but is doing really well. Thanks to everyone who sent their good wishes yesterday.

He seems to have had a good night and is just getting up now. I'll be off soon to get him a drink. He's been told not to lift even a kettle for several weeks and says he needs a little bell to summon the maid!!

Take care all and stay safe.

brook2704 Wed 13-Jan-21 07:56:26

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s still cold and covered white with snow, the picture is from the woods at the back of our house where we often do our daily walks ?
Nothing different planned for today, I did a big shop a few days ago so cupboards and freezer are well stocked, I just need to get some milk and bread today.
Such good news about your DH vaccine cornergran yeah!
So pleased all went well with your DH yesterday beauregard hope he’s fully recovered soon
Hope you sleep much better tonight Hazbeen
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles, take care all whatever the day brings ?

Beauregard Wed 13-Jan-21 07:57:50

Has to rush off last time so cut my post short, but just wanted to add that I hope yesterday's tests, appointments and phone consultations went well for all and I particularly hope AuntieFlo's appointment goes well on Friday. I also hope Marydoll is feeling better today after feeling low yesterday and a walk around the cul-de-sac was managed!

Must go again.....the breakfast bell is ringing!!

Gagagran Wed 13-Jan-21 07:59:09

Morning all from the south coast where the temperature was 5.7c at 6am this morning. (Can you tell I like using my electronic weather station?) grin

Glad your DH got his op Beau . Good to know that some hospitals are able to carry on with non-covid cases. We are still waiting to hear about my DH's ops but can do nowt but wait in patience.

The car battery saga has reached a conclusion in that we had to have the breakdown chap out again yesterday and he confirmed what I had suggested to DH some time ago. We need a new battery. So we have an AA man coming to fit one in situ this morning. It will be a Bosch apparently and as I love all my domestic appliances made by them, I have every confidence that it will be trouble free from now on (fingers crossed!)

I made a lime jelly and evap. mousse last night for today's sweet treat. Really quick and easy and reminds me of when the offspring were little and it was a standard pud.

Hope the day is a kind one and meanwhile keep warm and stay safe GNs. sunshine

Kalu Wed 13-Jan-21 08:01:14

Good morning all from Glasgow. Not so cold today but heavy rain and sleet is forecast. Oh well, it is January!

No great plans for today. Washing up to date but ironing is another story. I will just have to pull up my big girl pants and get the ironing board out and attack the ever growing mountain that I have hidden in the cupboard. If I don’t see it, it’s not there. ?

No point feeding the birds at present as any food I put out quickly freezes and their water container is frozen solid. Poor things.

Great news about your DS kitty. What a relief.

Have a pleasant day all.

Gingster Wed 13-Jan-21 08:01:49

Good morning from a damp Essex.

Bearegard I’m glad your Dh’s Op went well. ?

DD and little GD walked past our house yesterday so we had a like chat in the driveway. It lifted our hearts to see them but so sad not to have them indoors . They were on the way to the school to pickup ‘work’ for the next week. She’s only 5 but loves to be ‘doing’.

We had spaghetti Bol last night and have some over. Might make pasties ?

Nothing else pressing today, maybe a few phone calls, walk the dog. (Thank goodness for the dog) ?. I’ve seen snowdrops in gardens, and I’ve got daffs and hyacinths in the house, so Spring really is on its way. ?

Wishing you all a pleasant day ??

Grandmabatty Wed 13-Jan-21 08:02:28

Good morning all. It's icy and frosty in Polmont and snow is forecast later. I have nowhere to go so I'll just stay home and warm. I made myself a cuppa and brought it back to bed. Truth be told I don't enjoy eating or drinking in bed. I can't get comfortable enough. Yesterday was a fun day with dgs. His latest favourite song is: Donald,where's your trousers? By Andy Stewart! I have to get Alexa to play it constantly. His grandad on his dad's sides fault! Alexa will get a rest today. I have ordered a beanbag for him and it'll arrive this afternoon. I'm not sure what I'll have for dinner. It'll be a freezer foray I expect.HAZBEEN my sympathies for your bad night. I frequently have them and know how debilitating they can be. Kittylester it's good to hear your son is improving .Beauregard that's excellent news about your DH. Get that maid's pinny on! I hope everyone has a good day.

Sparklefizz Wed 13-Jan-21 08:10:02

Good Morning Mick and all GNs from wet South Glos.

Sorry to hear about your bad night HAZBEEN. I have them pretty often too and they are a pain. I often find I've got the words of a song going through my head ... where it's come from, goodness only knows!

Lovely photo Brook. Snow on fir trees always looks stunning.

I've got a supermarket delivery today, and then plan to ring an old friend later on to have some human contact. My cat is lovely and a wonderful companion but doesn't keep up her side of the conversation (tho' she does try!)

Thoughts to all who are not well or struggling. x

Pittcity Wed 13-Jan-21 08:10:18

Good morning from a grey, chilly Colchester. Frost on cars and roofs. 4° and some rain later.
Hibernation (sounds cosier than lockdown) continues with a pork stir fry for tea.

baubles Wed 13-Jan-21 08:11:10

Good morning Mick, morning all from S Lanarkshire where it looks as though we’ve missed the expected frost, it looks damp from my quick glance out of the window.

The new car was collected without incident yesterday. DH went on his own, I didn’t feel comfortable with us both going which probably makes no sense. It’s the same model as the last one with a few more bells and whistles. I do feel a little ungrateful not to be more excited but it will just be sitting on the drive for the foreseeable.

Hope your bad night was a blip HAZ and glad your DH’s op went well Beau.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day, especially those bearing illness, pain, or sadness. flowers

Bellasnana Wed 13-Jan-21 08:11:57

Good morning from Malta where it is a lot cooler and a day of showers is forecast.

Glad to hear your DH’s op was successful Beauregard. Sorry Hazbeen, that you had a bad night.

It is DD1’s birthday today so that means it’s 39 years since I became a mum. It’s sad that we’ve spent so many of her birthdays so far apart since she settled in the US, but I’m glad she seems happy there.

By the way, she had her second Covid jab on Monday and said the side effects were worse than with the first one, but she’s fine now and encourages everyone to take it if they can.

No plans today. Feeling very unmotivated at the moment.

Wishing you all the best day possible and stay safe.☀️

Jaxjacky Wed 13-Jan-21 08:12:17

Good morning Mick and all from a damp, dull S Hants. Good news on the op Beauregard onwards. Hopefully a better night tonight Hazbeen very wearing. Today I’m off to the library to pick up my Ready reads and drop back current books, it’ll give my car a small run too. I may drop in the local butchers for a piece of beef. My walk yesterday was brief, the slight drizzle got heavier and I was unprepared, think we have rain again today, I’ll be better prepared.
Have a quiet day all with maybe a little ?.

Elizabeth1 Wed 13-Jan-21 08:12:23

Good morning from a dark and cold east coast of Fife. I had a glorious nights sleep for a change. This cosy furry water bottle gives me great comfort in that the heat from it eminates from my body heat.

Lots planned for this morning. I’m giving a facial regime a trial hoping to rid my face of the many wrinkles it’s got though staying at home. It’s supposed to show a massive difference in six weeks. The facial products were recommended by my cousin who looks positively gorgeous having used them over a period of time. My lips in particular gave gone all dry and flaky fingers crossed these products aren’t just a gimmick.

Sadly my dh is going on line to see his friends funeral. Me I’m going on a zoom this morning to play a game with some dear friends from Gransnet except I can’t find a dice in this house perhaps I’ll just watch others play the game.

A piece of good news yesterday from my consultant neurologist who phoned me, in contrast to what my gp says I’ve definitely been having faints over the years and not seizures as at first thought. He says there’s no evidence at all in my records to suggest I’ve ever had epilepsy. He seems a kind doctor who I feel will investigate this situation further and will look after any future health needs.

Fingers crossed there will be no more fainting episodes I’ll just do as I’m told and take it slowly when getting up in the wee small hrs for a pit stop.

Have a good day everyone. Brush any worries you may have away do be kind to yourself. Virtual hugs everyone flowers

baubles Wed 13-Jan-21 08:16:47

I take back the comment about having missed the frost, DH tells me it’s sheet ice again.

Beautiful photo brook, it looked like that around here until a few days ago, so pretty.

Urmstongran Wed 13-Jan-21 08:18:51

Good morning everyone from a rainy South Manchester. Seems mild enough out though.

No plans today just one to hunker down, keep cosy, read or watch television as I don’t bake or craft.

Hope Wednesday is kind to us all. Thoughts this morning are especially with Autieflo, Marydoll and dragonfly. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x