Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(72 Posts)
12Michael Wed 13-Jan-21 06:11:32

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but wet outside here in Brackley this morning , my usual day of a small shop .
Yesterday , I had more food orders from Parsley Box and Sausage Man together with DHL ,at the time slot given.
Anyway , reading paperwork in Parsley Box , they are now doing chilled choices of meat ,and fish a choice of two , plus a larger one the basic meat and fish are £29.99 a pack.
Take Care,
Mick

NannyJan53 Wed 13-Jan-21 08:18:57

Good morning from a rainy Black Country.

It turned out to be a mild and sunny day yesterday, so drove over to Mums and we had a walk along the Staffordshire railway walk. Quite a a few people considering it was a week day.

Then in the evening a Zoom call with 4 friends.

Defrosted homemade Lasagne tonight.

Pleased that your DH's op went well Beauregard at least you will be kept busy looking after him smile

Good to hear your DS is doing well too kitty

Wishing you all a good day

Marydoll Wed 13-Jan-21 08:20:12

Good morning all from a chilly Glasgow, but thee temperature is rising. It was -3°C when I went to bed and its 0C° now.

I can empathise, Hazbeen, I didn't sleep well either. ☹
So glad to hear your DH's op went well Beauregard Its also great to hear of people starting to get the vaccine. I believe Megs36 and her husband got it yesterday, I hope you are feeling ok, with no unpleasant reactions.

After getting up yesterday and feeling very low, my mood lifted dramatically.
My difficult son^ messaged asking if I could help with my DGD's home schooling, using Zoom, as he was snowed under with work phone calls. My heart was singing, but I played it cool, not wanted to appear too desperate! wink This was so unexpected.
DGD had listening and talking activities to do and DS had to report back to her teacher.

Delighted to have a captive audience (me), she was like a performing seal! I had to be really firm with her, but inside I was giggling away. It all went pear shaped when papa decided to chat to her! ? DH was beaming, as he has missed his wee pal.

I have no idea if this is the beginning of a rapprochement and DS1 has had a shock after my recent hospital stay or he needed to keep her busy. I don't really care, I got to spend quality time with my wee darling. ?

I managed all of ten minutes of a walk yesterday. It was really icy underfoot and the cold air triggered off an angina attack. I did get a wee fright, as it brought back unpleasant memories of my rush to hospital.
I was forced to lie on the couch with chocolate and a cuppa to watch, ^Father Brown. Bliss indeed!!

Hoping that Auntieflo isn't in too much pain and sending my best wishes to all who are struggling just now, too many to mention.
Enjoy your day, the best you can.

Urmstongran Wed 13-Jan-21 08:20:47

Meant to say that photo looks just like a Christmas card brook I can imagine walking along that path in the silence. I love the way thick snow muffles everything. Beautiful - thank you for sharing.

Sar53 Wed 13-Jan-21 08:26:56

Good morning from a very damp, but milder, Essex by the sea.
Good news about your DH Beauregard, onwards and upwards.
Another groundhog day here, we may go out for a walk but not if it rains. Cheese and onion pie to make for dinner.
I've started a large cross stitch, which I think will take me months to complete, so I will be sitting with that this afternoon.
We finished The Queens Gambit last night, I can highly recommend it if you have Netflix, now to find something equally as good to watch.
Have as good a day as you can and stay safe everyone xx

ginny Wed 13-Jan-21 08:28:49

Good Morning all. Misty and damp here in N. Bucks.

Feeling tired today. Probably because I spent the night running around a castle in a lime green cardigan trying to avoid doing a dance performance. ?

Got under the stairs cleared yesterday so will transfer the Christmas decorations there this morning.

Spent an hour on zoom listening to a talk by a tour guide. It was a WI talk from Denman collage. Lots of interesting ones to choose from. You don’t have to be a member.

Kittyglad your DS is improved and Beauregard that DHs op went well.

Better get going, hope you all find a?today.

Stilllearning Wed 13-Jan-21 08:36:44

Good morning from S Lanarkshire, looks as if the road/ pavement may have lost it’s icyness so the long postponed walk might happen, I had to turn back yesterday which was a disappointment. Really not the time for any avoidable A&E visits, yesterday our health board announced all selective surgery and non urgent consultations cancelled for the moment.
My eight year old GD told me that three of her spelling words were ‘positive’ ‘misery’ and ‘easygoing’ and she wrote the sentence, ‘My granny is easygoing and positive and not full of misery’, so I’m going to try not to let her down, today at least!
Good wishes to everyone.

Alygran Wed 13-Jan-21 08:44:22

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It looks cold outside, there’s frost on the cars and lawns. Rain and sleet forecast for later.
It was lovely yesterday so I had a walk with a friend.
I think I’ll tackle the windows today. The low sunshine really shows up the marks on them.
Good news of vaccinations and operations. Thinking of all those with struggles.
Stay safe and have a good day everyone.

GrannySomerset Wed 13-Jan-21 08:57:23

Raining this morning so no rush to get the day started. Am taking DH for his jab this afternoon so that will dominate his day along with taking the dressing off his injured hands and replacing them with smaller ones - I hope.

Good news from Beauregard and Marydoll is cheering. Hope we all have the best day we can.

Greyduster Wed 13-Jan-21 08:57:35

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from cold South Yorkshire under a uniformally grey sky. We are due some snow tomorrow. A cleaning day for me today - but first, another coffee before I get up! Lasagne and salad for dinner.
Take it easy, one and all, and stay safe.

Anniebach Wed 13-Jan-21 08:58:26

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Nannytopsy Wed 13-Jan-21 09:04:38

Good morning Mick and all his followers. Enjoy your meal Mick! We have a frost this morning.
Alygran I had exactly that thought about our windows yesterday! I will get the window vacuum charged up and at some point today or tomorrow I will clean them.
Today is a click and collect from our nearest supermarket - only 10 miles away but it’s such a lovely drive! I always look for deer and hares. DH will be at the dentist so I get the bonus of a little time on my own. You all know what I mean.
Good news from Kitty & Beauregard and I am so pleased for you Marydoll. I think your recent health crisis has done your son a power of good.
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

Lins1066 Wed 13-Jan-21 09:06:46

Good morning Mick and all from a dry S Welsh coast, lost my post earlier, no idea why. I'm sorry you had such a disturbed night HAZBEEN it's a regular occurrence for me, wishing you a gentle day. A lovely photo of the snowy trees brook, very pretty.

I'm not sure what the day holds here, we're having a stir fry tonight, so minimum cooking, well actually none for me as Mr Lins always takes charge of the wok wink

Glad everything went well for your husband Beauregard.
Thinking of Auntieflo this morning.
Hope everyone will have a pleasant day and stay safe.

dragonfly46 Wed 13-Jan-21 09:07:38

Good morning from Leicestershire, rain promised today so will stay at home.

NWR Zoom tonight but I have family matters on my mind.
No idea what to eat tonight although I am getting an Ocado delivery.

Susan56 Wed 13-Jan-21 09:08:48

Good morning from the Shropshire/Powys border.A damp start with rain forecast for most of the day.

A quiet day hopefully, just a few things to sort out then reading and relaxing.

So glad you got to spend time with your precious girl Marydoll☺️

Hope Cherry has had a good night and that Ellan is ok.

Have the best day you can all.

Viridian Wed 13-Jan-21 09:10:16

Good morning from a wet south Cornwall. Oh for snowy woods to walk in! Video call from 5 year old granddaughter last night, longest we've been apart (only since Christmas!!!) so we're missing each other a bit.

The Rat Man cometh today. Phew.

I know I don't often respond to your news individually but just to say I do feel/rejoice for each of you, and pray too.

More sorting out of my concreting room today. Hopefully can get back to working in there soon. It's below ground so quite cold. Has warmed up a bit this week though.

The best of days, whatever your circumstances.

brook2704 Wed 13-Jan-21 09:12:58

So pleased that your DS asked for your help and that you got to spend time with your DGD marydoll no wonder you were delighted! ?

Nortsat Wed 13-Jan-21 09:16:12

Good morning Mick and the GM team from grey east London.

Hoping Auntieflo had a decent night and has a gentle day today.
Glad about your DH’s op Beau.
Lovely online teaching session on Zoom with your ⭐️ pupil, Marydoll, what a great way to lift your spirits.

I am feeling safer now going for my daily walks wearing a paper mask. Though I am medically excused from wearing one, I am so pleased that I can manage to walk a mile wearing it. When I counted up the number of people I pass per walk x 7 = about 50 people per week. Given the rates of Covid in London, it seemed impossible for me not to be in the vicinity of someone with the infection.

My saga with HMRC continues. I have been trying to pay a tax charge since August last year. I needed a Unique Reference Number, which arrives by post. That took 8 weeks to arrive. Then I need an activation code, which takes 7 days and my account said it had been sent. I have waited a month and no activation code, so I rang HMRC.
After holding for 25 minutes, it transpires that I had not been sent an activation code at all. Now I have to wait another 10 days for it to arrive.

The incompetence and bureaucracy is utterly mind boggling. I am so pleased that mine is a relatively simple matter and I have the money ready to pay the charge. If this was a big issue or a worrying one, I would be demented by now. All of the staff at HMRC have been pleasant and tried to help but they are clearly woefully undertrained or under skilled to do their jobs. I got off the phone and felt like weeping with utter frustration. (Moan over ... ?).

Have a gentle, pleasant day all and ‘let’s be careful out there’.

Jaxjacky Wed 13-Jan-21 09:20:59

Popped back see if EV has posted, but no sign yet.

Aldom Wed 13-Jan-21 09:28:10

Dragonfly Enjoy your NWR Zoom meeting tonight. I'll be doing the same. We're playing Would I Lie to You on Zoom. We did a mini panto in December. Once a month, in addition to our evening meeting we have a Saturday coffee morning. I recommend National Women's Register.

BlueSapphire Wed 13-Jan-21 09:29:14

Hello and good morning everyone from a very grey and wet Northampton. Haven't got anything planned for today, except a Sainsbury's delivery this afternoon. Oh, and I have just had a text to say my new duvet is due to arrive this morning. My current one is too warm, my summer one not warm enough in winter so have ordered an 'in-between ' one, hoping, like Goldilocks, it will be just right.

Had a busy day yesterday, washing the kitchen and all hard floors, a job I hate doing, but if the steam cleaner comes out, all floors get done. Will have a rest today!

If Sainsbury's deliver it, poached smoked haddock for tea tonight with buttered new potatoes and peas. Yummy!

Well, half an hour has gone by since I took my once a week tablet, so I can now have a cup of tea and some toast. Hate Wednesday mornings for that reason!

Thinking of those with worries and hoping we all have a peaceful day.

Gelisajams Wed 13-Jan-21 09:53:54

Good morning from a cold wet Morecambe Bay. I can resist many things but an e mail from a plant company I use is tempting me! There’s no more room in the garden.....when has that ever stopped me?
Take care stay safe everyone ?

EllanVannin Wed 13-Jan-21 10:23:51

Good Morning All x
What a difference in the weather today, cold wet and miserable while yesterday was beautiful. Ah well it is still winter.

I was " absent " yesterday because I'd began by stripping the bed, tidying and hoovering and getting along like a house on fire, ignoring the time etc. Then I put the washing machine to work, had a shower, breakfasted and on the last spin of towels, I smelled rubber !

Quickly switching off, I rearranged the towels in case they'd gone in a clump and started the machine up again, but something was knocking so I gave up. Luckily the washing was just damp and not soggy so I hung it out although not exactly drying weather it was somewhere to put them until I got over my " what am I going to do now " , because things aren't exactly plain-sailing when anything goes wrong.

While pondering what to do next,. the phone rang and it was D to say that she couldn't take me for my vaccination which was at lunchtime today as she's doing a 6 week course so I said not to worry, I'll cancel, as I wasn't going to get a bus. Anyway, she was an hour and a half on the phone and kept me up to date with everything.

I then rang to cancel my vax. appointment so that was that. Then I had to ring the bank for them to transfer funds to my current account in readiness to buy a new washing machine. After a brilliant start to the day, I felt flustered and frustrated at not being able to do as I normally would have done and that is " act upon it " when things go wrong and replace immediately, but things aren't normal.

The day just flew by and by the time I'd stripped Sunday's chicken to make a curry and rice dinner that was that.

Hope everyone's keeping well with ops. and appointments being successful and generally doing well x
Take care and stay safe.

GrannyOwl5 Wed 13-Jan-21 10:23:55

Morning everyone from north Kent where it is still grey and damp.

Gelisajams there is always a space in thegarden; can always squeeze a plant into the smallest of gaps!

? for Auntieflo and where is EllanVannin? I am missing the updates on her day; hope all is well.

Planning to start a new watercolour landscape today; first one of 2021 to hang in my gallery. As DH says, it keeps me off the streets.

Hope you all have a reasonable day. Stay safe

GrannyOwl5 Wed 13-Jan-21 10:24:35

There you are Ellanvannin ! Crossed posts ??

EllanVannin Wed 13-Jan-21 10:43:06

GrannyOwl, honestly, I don't know where yesterday went grin I've never known time fly as it does all things considered. Thankyou for your thoughts, Susan too.