Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(72 Posts)
12Michael Wed 13-Jan-21 06:11:32

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but wet outside here in Brackley this morning , my usual day of a small shop .
Yesterday , I had more food orders from Parsley Box and Sausage Man together with DHL ,at the time slot given.
Anyway , reading paperwork in Parsley Box , they are now doing chilled choices of meat ,and fish a choice of two , plus a larger one the basic meat and fish are £29.99 a pack.
Take Care,
Mick

Nannagarra Wed 13-Jan-21 10:43:52

Good morning from the Sefton coast where it is raining but not too cold. Have resisted the urge to stay in bed and read - I’ve made my bread dough which is on its second prove. Chicken out for stir fry tonight. OH just broken a favourite glass coffee cup sad so may replace it at our local hardware shop whilst returning wrong sized plastic storage box they delivered which I use over the dough while it proves. Yesterday we did FaceTime with DGD and DS. Her excited laughter and giggling were magic.
Sending a gentle hug to Auntieflo and fond thoughts to all.

Mapleleaf Wed 13-Jan-21 10:45:42

Good morning all,

As Greyduster has reported, it's a uniformly grey day today. The sky looks as if it could do something (i.e. snow) but hasn't done anything yet.

Good news about your son, marydoll - small steps in the right direction ?.

Not a lot planned for today, yet again. I can't even crack on with the vacuuming as DH is not up yet having got home from a night shift at 4 am, so I'm creeping about quietly. A good excuse to come on here though!

How frustrating for you Norstat. If the boot were on the other foot and it was you being tardy, HMRC would be down on you like a ton of bricks. Having said that, as its money you owe them, you'd think they would be better organised collecting it from you!

I do hope everyone has the best day possible, and those of you with illness, worries, frustrations or anxiety, I hope today offers something more positive for you. ?

Megs36 Wed 13-Jan-21 10:57:35

Thanks Marydoll et al ,good morning . Vaccinations fine, well organised and little waiting about despite all media reports. No ill effects, so good luck to all, . 12 weeks to next one but a relief it’s starting and ,it seems,all going to plan despite the very difficult logistics involved.Keep safe and take care.

Blossoming Wed 13-Jan-21 11:00:07

Good morning all. Another bad night, not much sleep. Heavy rain and mist here so will be wrapping myself in a blanket and letting OH look after me.

Gwenisgreat1 Wed 13-Jan-21 11:05:26

Good Morning all from chilly and wet Harrogate. HAZBEEN usually if my night is too long, I'll read a couple of chapters of my book - takes my mind of what I think I should be worrying about!!
Probably doing nothing again today yesterday's nothing had me baking and making soup for lunch, doing exercises online with Schellea Fowler, a bit of sewing, taking dog out for a walk, making a cuppa, then making tea, more exercises, talking to my sister, then TV!!
I know I have to add one or two items to my Sainsburies delivery tomorrow and find a delivery slot with Morrisons for next week!!
Beau you will be glad your DH's op is over and he seems to be OK
It's good to get your family back Marydoll - having children does that! DD2 was very difficult to deal with until she had her son, as a single mum she knew she needed help and I was happy to help. We now have a very good relationship

Please keep safe and well folks.

Grandmafrench Wed 13-Jan-21 11:20:24

Good Morning everyone. Wild winds, glorious sunshine and blue skies in the S of France this morning!

Blue Sapphire I should be giving my floors the same treatment - probably why I’m on here! Nortsat Sorry to hear your ongoing drama with HMRC is just that, on and ongoing. I said to a friend yesterday, while she was ranting about the ‘phone company, it’s almost not worth effort or emotion. They just have no clue......easier to teach the world to sing...’in perfect harmony’, in my opinion!

Speaking of harmony......beautiful photo brook. Our wonderful world just carries on, whatever we do, whatever we feel. In some ways, so reassuring, but I’m so sad that so many of us are having to miss so much.

Sounds as if you have your attitude all sorted, stilllearning. What a sweet thing for your little GD to write about you!

Mary baby steps from your Son. Let him make them and you just enjoy that little GD’s Skool Seshuns! Great news and turnaround time for Mr Beau. Bet he’s relieved. He must now be a very good chap so he’ll make an uncomplicated recovery and be able to give the staff a rest grin?

Sorry you missed your innoculation, Ellan but it sounds as if your day wouldn’t cope with any more annoyance! Don’t let them forget you, though!

Keep that chin up, AuntieFlo.....soon be Friday. x

Laundry to risk on the line - it’s definitely a double-pegger for the towels today. It will dry beautifully as long as it stays on the line. Expecting a couple of parcels today. The drivers are clearly tasked with improving our reflexes and fitness levels : if you can shout ‘j’arrive’ through the intercom, whilst diving into your gilet, donning a mask and running to the gate before they drive away, you’re probably fitter than me. Last one tried extending an arm through his van window (at me on the other side of a gate). I practised my mask-wearing death stare at his ? mask. I won, he managed to shift himself and walk the 4 steps to where I stood. Yes, well done that man. Knew you could do it. I’m not endorsing parcel delivery as an extreme sport any day soon.

Have a good day, lovely, patient GM’ers. Our day will come ?
See you tomorrow. Keep very safe. ??‍♀️?

Feelingmyage55 Wed 13-Jan-21 11:24:30

Good morning from coffee time in the frozen north of Scotland. It is still minus 4. If I put any washing out it would freeze within minutes. On my very brief walk yesterday I saw lots of snowmen, snow ladies, snow children, snow dogs and other unidentifiable, maybe aliens? “snowthings”. it was very amusing.
Auntieflo, hope you are receiving pain relief.
I’ve said this before, but thank goodness for free phone calls, the internet, zoom, FaceTime, and my piano. Without these I’d have gone even more bonkers. I cannot see my family but I can be in touch so easily.
have the best day you can everyone.

LauraNorder Wed 13-Jan-21 11:25:23

Good morning Mick and all friends. Great to see you back EV the absence of your big personality was noticed yesterday. What a shame about your vaccination, hope it’s going to be easy to another scheduled. Hope the washing machine problem gets sorted. Talking of washing machines I like your sleepless night description Cornergran spot on, churns one way, then another, still for a while then off again.
Glad you husband’s op went well Beauregard.
Glad the car battery is being resolved Gagagran, got me thinking that we all need to be sure our car will start if called for our vaccine.
Good news Elizabeth, faints easier to deal with than seizures.
Lovely time online with your granddaughter Marydoll, good news that your son is coming back to you albeit slowly. Every cloud as they say.
What a lovely sentence written by your granddaughter Stillearning.
What? To all of you who are ironing during hibernation, just that. What?
Alygran and Nannytopsy, my ground floor windows are still covered in blue plastic protectors waiting to see if our lime renderers will ever come back to finish the job. Can’t be done while there’s danger of frost.
Hoping GrannyOwl that you’ll post a picture of your watercolour landscape when finished. I believe ‘Landscape Artist of the Year’ begins this evening. Can’t wait.
I’m taking part in a painting challenge with some arty friends. This months challenge is ‘something beginning with C’. I’ve sketched an idea chair, coffee table, candlestick, clock, cup and cupcake making up a scene but odd proportions to give interest.
Thinking of you AuntieFlo, tough time for you.
Thinking of you all and hoping for good days for everyone.

readalot Wed 13-Jan-21 11:29:37

Brook2704 I loved your picture. It's not a bad day here in Co Durham. Damp but not too cold. I won't be going anywhere so it doesn't matter. I tried my first online shop yesterday with Tesco, it's coming tomorrow so I hope everything will be ok. I worry that the people who pack it check the dates properly so fingers crossed. Take care everyone and stay safe

LauraNorder Wed 13-Jan-21 11:31:03

Bonjour to Grandmafrench and those who snuck in while I was writing.

grandtanteJE65 Wed 13-Jan-21 11:49:36

Here it is raining cats and dogs. One of the cats is mine - I think he is keeping an eye on a nest of mice, as he is refusing to come in.

Beastly weather, which I certainly am not going out in!

Doing the washing.

How thankful I am for a washing-machine that spin drys and a dryer. Remember the days of wash-coppers and cold water to rinse clothes in - and a wringer in the garden?

Urmstongran Wed 13-Jan-21 12:17:52

I practised my mask-wearing death stare at his ? mask. I won, he managed to shift himself and walk the 4 steps to where I stood. Yes, well done that man. Knew you could do it. I’m not endorsing parcel delivery as an extreme sport any day soon.

My first laugh of the day! Thank you GrandmaFrench. You definitely have a way with words.
?

Urmstongran Wed 13-Jan-21 12:21:39

Where is ‘here’ please grandtanteJE? We like to ‘place’ us all. Actually I think it helps remember newer pals better too.

Grandmafrench Wed 13-Jan-21 12:34:00

Isn’t it awful that I am reduced to baiting (lazy) delivery men and envying other people’s fuchsia sandals, Urms. But if it raised a smile in far off Manchester, I’m ? happy.

EllanVannin Wed 13-Jan-21 12:42:18

As regards next vaccine appointment Grandmafrench, I have to ring them when/if I manage to get a lift, but she ended by saying if there happened to be any vaccine left at the time.

EllanVannin Wed 13-Jan-21 12:44:47

I did sense something " not nice " in her voice though. It would be all the same if I had a wooden leg and couldn't get there anyway. shock

Jaxjacky Wed 13-Jan-21 12:50:07

You’re back EV you were missed.

NanKate Wed 13-Jan-21 14:12:54

Afternoon Mick and All

I wasn’t going to post today as I didn’t think I had anything worth saying. BUT THEN Marydoll you announced that you are back in teaching mode with your lovely GD. That has made my day. Long may it last. ?

Gagagran Wed 13-Jan-21 14:44:19

Just a quickie to say we now have a new Bosch car battery in our car so my anxiety level has reduced somewhat and we are ready to go when the need arises.

Sorry you missed your jab EV - hope you can arrange another appointment soon.

Auntieflo Wed 13-Jan-21 16:09:41

Well I just lost my late post, so here goes again
Good afternoon Mick, Annie, and all.

First I would like to thank all the lovely Good Morningers,, who has sent messages of best wishes, encouragement, flowers and prayers to me . Made me a little teary, but buoyed up.

I should have managed to come on here a lot sooner, but got overtaken with all those little jobs that pile up, and suddenly need dealing with.
DH had his Covid jab this morning, and collected prescriptions that were waiting. He also visited our wonderful little hardware shop, looking for an in-line switch for his reading lamp. They didn't have one, but he will have one by Saturday. We don't know if it will fix it, but it will be a shame to throw it away, if it's just a small repair. All fuses have been checked.
Nice to hear that Marydoll is now back in contact with her DS, and wee GD.
Glad that EV's absence was nothing serious, and that she soon gets her vaccination. Surprising how a regular poster can be missed.
Hope Hazbeen gets a good night's sleep tonight.

I know I have missed out loads, but if I keep scrolling up and down, I will lose the lot again, so, enjoy the rest of the day, and see you all tomorrow.

MawBe Wed 13-Jan-21 16:25:13

Thought I was way too late but I’ll just nip in with a bunch of flowers for you Auntieflo
A miserable wet drizzly day here, nothing happening, no news of any sort and I expect tomorrow to be about the same.
Think this sums me up these days- best wishes to all especially those poorly, worried or sad for whatever reason. ?