Gransnet forums

Chat

Shower Gel

(89 Posts)
MawBe Mon 18-Jan-21 11:44:11

We really should have a category headed “Trivia” but “Chat “ will have to do.
Shower gels- what do you use and why ? (Don’t say washing!)
I have three or four on the go at any one time and for me it depends on my mood
If I am feeling ‘fragile” and in need of pampering, I use L’Occitane Rose Shower Oil, because it is so moisturising, on “normal” days, their Rose Calisson or maybe Molton Brown Geranium Nefertum but today, feeling a bit snuffly I went for one of my all time favourites, Molton Brown Eucalyptus to “clear the tubes”
I have also come to the conclusion that cheap body wash is a false economy as it too often frequently has the consistency of washing up liquid and lasts no time at all, unlike e.g.Molton Brown which being thicker lasts for ages - as does the fragrance smile

Oldbat1 Mon 18-Jan-21 15:27:25

Whatever is on special offer.

mumofmadboys Mon 18-Jan-21 15:28:41

I avoid shower gel to try and cut down on plastics. Another Pears soap fan here.

annodomini Mon 18-Jan-21 15:29:45

My GD (18) got me thinking when she censured me for using shampoo and shower gel in plastic bottles. She was using shampoo bars and soap instead. So I've taken to using soap and am using up what shampoo I have left before I start looking for the best shampoo bars.

Maggiemaybe Mon 18-Jan-21 15:33:11

I can highly recommend both Friendly and Gruum shampoo bars, anno. Though I’m in a soft water area and I’ve seen reviews saying that the bars don’t work as well with hard water.

Calendargirl Mon 18-Jan-21 16:04:59

I use a cheapy Tesco one, coconut at the moment.

DIL gave me some fancy hand made soaps for Christmas, currently using one of those in the shower, rosemary and sea salt, but disappointing though, hardly any lather with my scrunchie wash thing.

silverlining48 Mon 18-Jan-21 16:09:47

What a posh lot of ladies you seem to be. Molton brown! I must be a Cheapskate.

I use bars of soap usually, no particular brand, and my bath gel ( dont like showers) is often from the pound shop. That's me done.

maddyone Mon 18-Jan-21 16:15:42

Molton Brown, L’Occitane, Neal’s Yard, SBC, all beloved of me, but my very, very favourite is the Korres range, especially the lemon one.

Kim19 Mon 18-Jan-21 16:20:10

Lovely gentle thread. Thank you opener. I'm a bar of soap girl myself.

Patsy70 Mon 18-Jan-21 16:26:57

I’m currently using ‘Faith in Nature’ hydrating coconut body wash, which I like for every day, but I am also a fan of Molten Brown, Decleor and L’Occitane, so intend to treat myself. We’re using natural soap bars for hand washing to save on plastic.

Sar53 Mon 18-Jan-21 16:29:33

Molten Brown here, anything citrusy or Rhubarb and Rose. DH Likes Molten Brown too. I buy when they are on offer or in their sales. We find they last far longer than cheaper bottles. I had a problem with a delivery of Molten Brown before Christmas and their customer service are second to none. I cannot praise them enough.

Shropshirelass Mon 18-Jan-21 16:30:46

Pears. I love the smell and have the liquid hand soap as well as the solid bar. Loved it as a child too. A lot of gels etc make me itch so very careful which I use.

Missfoodlove Mon 18-Jan-21 16:37:33

Nuxe Prodigeux. shower oil, the smell is addictive and it leaves my skin feeling great.

Lasts ages. www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjIlPOC9aXuAhUxmVwKHX8fAJ4QFjAAegQICBAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fuk.nuxe.com%2Fbody-cleansers%2Fprodigieux-shower-oil-cleanses-and-leaves-a-satin-finish-with-delicate-fragrance-tube-200-ml&usg=AOvVaw0XEGEOAT5c0egq7IG_D1rw

Coolgran65 Mon 18-Jan-21 16:50:38

I also use whatever is on offer.. Coconut is a favourite.

I do have several nice Molton Brown gels and moisturizers. Also L'occitane, but save them for special.. Foolish I know.

Perhaps I should get them out and use them.

Nortsat Mon 18-Jan-21 16:55:53

Molton Brown, I buy it regularly and my family and friends buy it for me too. For Christmas my partner bought me a box with 12 small bottles of MB shower gel. So I am working my way through that. They are all different fragrances, so I try ones I wouldn’t normally buy.

I use their hand wash and hand lotion in both bathrooms/loos. Cypress and Sea Fennel is my current favourite. They last a very long time, so work out as good value for money.

Georgesgran Mon 18-Jan-21 17:01:16

It’s L’occitane almond shower oil for me - applied with one of those body mop things. Love the smell and quite moisturizing too. OH prefers a bar of tea tree oil soap.

CocoPops Mon 18-Jan-21 17:07:44

Bar soap for me and I recently started using a bar shampoo from Lush in order to reduce plastic.

Jane10 Mon 18-Jan-21 17:08:17

Another Occitane fan here. I love their Verveine shower gel. I've decided life's too short for cheap products so I have their Rose hand cream too. Also have Kew Gardens reed diffusers for lovely smells round the house. I hadn't realised how important delicious scents are to me.
I'm appreciating these things these days.

Armynanny Mon 18-Jan-21 18:58:05

Bath and Body Works are my favourite. They aren’t cheap but last for ages and they have an amazing choice of fragrances. Just wish we had their stores over here.

BlueSky Mon 18-Jan-21 19:06:21

Lovely ‘trivia’ thread Maw enjoyable and lighthearted. Some inspiration to try new stuff too!

Chewbacca Mon 18-Jan-21 19:07:44

Either L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil or Lavender or, if I'm feeling flush Neal's Yard Geranium & Orange. I do quite like Badidas too.

FannyCornforth Mon 18-Jan-21 19:08:57

Nightsky2

Xanax and soap just fine for me.

Me too, love benzos and a good soak, but I think that you may mean Sanex (apologies if otherwise smile)

Mollygo Mon 18-Jan-21 19:40:28

I love Lush shower jelly and also when in France I bought some of these crèpes. They are small, smell lovely, leave your skin feeling good and no plastic. I just wish I’d bought more.

Nightsky2 Mon 18-Jan-21 20:02:31

FannyCornforth

Nightsky2

Xanax and soap just fine for me.

Me too, love benzos and a good soak, but I think that you may mean Sanex (apologies if otherwise smile)

How very observant of you. Don’t need the benzos but I do enjoy a good soak in Sanex and enjoying a very nice Strawberry smelling soap. Can’t remember when I bought it but still smells very nice. ??.

Desdemona Mon 18-Jan-21 20:18:57

I veer between soap and shower gel. Usually cheap, sometimes a little more expensive. At the moment I am using a calendula soap from a company called StableHouse.

JackyB Mon 18-Jan-21 20:46:49

I am trying to get rid of plastic bottles in the bathroom and am using up all the bars of soap. I'm only in there for a couple of .minutes so I'm not really bothered. Would welcome recommendations for when it runs out, though.