Gransnet forums

Chat

Chris Packham and winter watch

(60 Posts)
Elizabeth1 Tue 19-Jan-21 21:02:16

Who’s watching winter watch tonight? I personally think it’s fascinating and will get more interesting as the weather changes, it’ll help me through the winter months. I’ll be observing the wildlife in my garden from now on.

NanKate Wed 20-Jan-21 20:56:27

Chris Packham and his step-daughter Megan make a great pair on Winterwatch. They really cheered me up. ?????

Urmstongran Wed 20-Jan-21 21:16:53

Cedric is so cute Shinamae!

Shinamae Wed 20-Jan-21 21:24:43

Urmstongran

Cedric is so cute Shinamae!

He is, thank you ???????

Millie22 Wed 20-Jan-21 21:31:15

I love Spring/Autumn/Winterwatch. They are all excellent and Chris Packham is a great presenter imo. I miss Martin who used to be a presenter and also find Michaela far too silly sometimes. Chris's stepdaughter is much better.

MissAdventure Wed 20-Jan-21 21:35:10

I've always quite fancied Chris Packham. smile

MayBee70 Wed 20-Jan-21 21:49:04

Love winter watch. I find Chris a bit extreme in some of his views but I still respect him for having them I know they used to try to get song titles into the dialogue on one of his shows: not sure if he still does it. Must be so difficult for him to present shows with his autism. Mind you, we met him years ago when he gave a talk at a local school but had no idea he was autistic back then. His enthusiasm is infectious. He showed us part of his lifelong collection of owl pellets.

Galaxy Wed 20-Jan-21 21:57:14

That made me smile Maybee.

Littleannie Wed 20-Jan-21 22:13:52

I have never liked Chris Packham since I saw a programme of his a few years ago. He said butterflies were attracted to dog poo. He then proceeded to pick up some dog poo with his bare hands. Ugh!

Chardy Wed 20-Jan-21 22:26:24

Used to love Really Wild Show when my kids were little. Chris Packham was so different from the rather stodgy people who trod that path before. I follow him on social media, and I think he talks a lot of sense.