Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(79 Posts)
12Michael Sun 24-Jan-21 06:12:33

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , and its dry at the moment but very cold outside here in brackley this morning.
Today, expecting to see more snow later as forecast .
Another fry up breakfast ,and will try one of my German ready made meals and have it with German potato dumplings , which according to the pack, states put in boiling water for 30 minutes ,and do not boil , see what the result is .
Yet to get back into the Parsley Box meals , but will do in the week .
Take Care,
Mick

Iam64 Sun 24-Jan-21 08:25:51

Good morning Mick, your menu for today sounds good. It’s very cold here in north Manchester, snow from yesterday frozen on the ground

Greyduster Sun 24-Jan-21 08:26:56

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It’s mega cold here in South Yorkshire with a heavy frost. We had a flurry of snow yesterday but it soon disappeared. First task this morning when we eventually get up will be to defrost the bird bath, then we may go out for a walk. The pork I took out of the freezer last night is still quite frozen, so goodness knows what time we will get to eat it! I’ll make a blackberry and apple crumble for afters. Had a lovely chatty face time with DS yesterday evening - he always makes us laugh! Have a good Sunday folks.

greenmossgiel Sun 24-Jan-21 08:33:39

Good morning from a foggy and frosty Fife. Our village is between 2 rivers (the Lochty Burn and the River Orr), so fog can linger a while. We’ll - maybe - try a walk round the Park today. Other than that, it’ll be another day of knitting and reading. I can do both at the same time as my Kindle balances nicely on my knee. ☺️
Have a gentle Sunday, everyone.

MawBe Sun 24-Jan-21 08:37:40

Good morning all. As Ginny says and she is just up the road, a hard frost and everything looks very white-although no snow yet.
I can’t just turn over with a second mug of tea as usual, as I have to drive over to the surgery for my jab smile
Wondering if a piece of toast might be a good idea although I don’t normally eat breakfast?
I like bluesapphire’s wish for you all - tgat you may find a smile and can’t do better than that.

aggie Sun 24-Jan-21 08:44:18

Good Morning all
Wee bit cold here !

Sheepandcattle Sun 24-Jan-21 08:44:47

Good morning Mick and all from snowy Wiltshire. I haven’t posted for sometime as we’re in the midst of calving, but I’ve enjoyed reading all your news. Today I need to bring in my very pregnant ewes to give them all their vaccinations and to bollus them ( a big tablet that contains essential minerals). 180 to do so that will take most of the day. They are due to start lambing in 4 weeks so they need to be handled with as little stress as possible so as not to risk them aborting their lambs but it’s essential that they have their treatments so I’ll don my kid gloves! No calves born last night so all quiet in the calving barn this morning. Wishing you all a contented and peaceful day.

Lins1066 Sun 24-Jan-21 08:45:39

Morning Mick and all. There was a light dusting of snow here on the S Welsh coast but it has melted, it doesn't feel as cold this morning.
Mr Lins doesn't do much cooking either though he does a mean stir fry and cooks steak. I say cook, as we both like them blue, there isn't much cooking involved! He is my sous chef in that he prepares all the veg and dices the onions which I hate. We are having roast chicken with stuffing and roast potatoes today, my sous chef will prepare the veg.
A walk blew the cobwebs away yesterday but gosh the wind was cold, hope to go for another stroll later.
Hope everyone will have a pleasant day, stay safe.

Gelisajams Sun 24-Jan-21 08:47:51

Good morning from a frosty Morecambe Bay where it must be cold out as it’s cold in here and the heating has been on a couple of hours now. Exercise shortly. It’s weights day. Then Zoom church.
I finally got my refund from when I ordered a gift subscription for my son and they charged me for two. However in the process they cancelled his subscription as well so I had to re order. I realised why I had ordered 2 initially. There is a box which I should have scrolled down to say no subscription when I put my details in. It’s easy when you know how!
Take care everyone, keep warm, stay safe and take care.?

Jaxjacky Sun 24-Jan-21 08:48:26

Excited now!

Pittcity Sun 24-Jan-21 08:48:56

Good morning from a frosty Colchester. It is below freezing and snow is due later.
It is DGS1's birthday and we will have to chat virtually. We are usually invited to the party.
Roast chicken with a nice glass of red later.

Jaxjacky Sun 24-Jan-21 08:49:45

Try again

EkwaNimitee Sun 24-Jan-21 08:50:33

Good Morning Mick and Everyone. It's very frosty but bright on the Cumbrian coast. I ventured out shopping yesterday so I shall stay in today not wanting to risk a slippy pavement . There are lots of interesting but sitting about things to do but I'm getting concerned about my fitness so there ought to be a bit of tai chi or yoga in the mix. There seem to be a lot of oughts, shoulds and musts in my conversations with myself these days!

Grandmabatty Sun 24-Jan-21 08:53:22

Good morning all. Still heavy frost in Polmont, but with it comes blue skies so that's a bonus. After all my car scraping yesterday, I reached the chemist and it was closed. No pharmacist. I'll have to phone on Monday. Fortunately I have enough diabetic stuff in the cupboard to keep me going. I ended up doing little as I was so annoyed. Today I'm up waiting for a Tesco delivery then some drawing I think. Dinner will be beef olives stuffed with haggis braised in the slow cooker in an onion gravy and an apple crumble and custard. My nod to Burns day tomorrow. Our family used to have full on Burns suppers with recitations etc. This year we're celebrating Burns in our own house. When I taught, my party piece was Tam O'Shanter complete with actions at the school Burns supper. It was fun to do, but not fun to learn off by heart! So a quiet day for me. Grandmattie stunning sky. Will it bring you snow,I wonder. Have a good day all.

Oopsadaisy1 Sun 24-Jan-21 08:54:22

Warmer today with quite a lot of snow.
Staying in apart from dog walking today
Have a good day everyone , hugs for those with worries

Sparklefizz Sun 24-Jan-21 08:57:49

Good Morning Mick and everyone - woke up to a snowy white world here in South Glos.

Hope the Sainsbury's delivery van can get down to me this morning as I live in a sloping ungritted cul-de-sac with 2 sloping bends in the road. It's always a nightmare with snow, but this time I'm not concerned as I wouldn't be getting the car out anyway. I am not going to dig him out if he gets stuck.

Will pop back later on and read everyone's posts.
Stay warm, safe and dry, and special thoughts to those who are struggling. x

Anniebach Sun 24-Jan-21 08:58:00

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Nanabanana1 Sun 24-Jan-21 09:03:58

Good morning all from a frosty Torbay, I haven’t posted for a while but have been reading all your posts.
Not a lot doing today after defrosting the freezer yesterday, don’t want too much excitement at once ?
Wishing everyone a good day xx

baubles Sun 24-Jan-21 09:11:40

greenmossgiel hello there, that name is a blast from the past!

harrigran Sun 24-Jan-21 09:11:49

Good morning from the NE where we have a harsh frost and it is -3.
Didn't get my soup made yesterday, felt unwell and went and lay down with my book, will try again today.
My sore shoulder is at last starting to ease eight days after vaccination, been a bit of a marathon.
I had to get a new ipad because the one I had kept losing the charge, we were told that you can only expect about four years out of them which is exactly what I got. DH transferred as much as he could but all passwords etc had to be inserted and it was fiddly.
Stay warm and safe,

Alygran Sun 24-Jan-21 09:16:28

Good morning from North Yorkshire. Cold and frosty here too.
Have a good day everyone. Stay safe.

maydonoz Sun 24-Jan-21 09:25:22

Good morning all from a cold, frosty Welwyn, Herts where the temperature is -3 c degrees. Hopefully later the sun may peak through and a walk in the fresh air may be possible.
I seem to post on this thread at weekends as weekdays are rather busy with DGC care etc, so I wish you all a good week, and hoping many of you will get the vaccine. I reckon mid or end February for ours, if we're lucky as we're in group four.
Have a good, relaxing Sunday.

Justwidowed Sun 24-Jan-21 09:26:37

Good morning everyone from a cold cloudy Lancashire.
I've yet to rise but it's so comfy and warm here. No plans for today apart from a small wash,none of which should need ironing.

I was reading the bbc news yesterday when I discovered that I could change my bubble as long as I isolated from previous one for 10 days.As I haven't seen my granddaughter since Boxing Day I have now decided to have my nextdoor neighbours instead .I think this will work much better as when we go out for our daily walk we will be able to sit on a bench and won't nèd to socially distance.She can also come in and play cards and dominoes which will help with the isolation.

Will now try to post a very apt photo which I got yesterday..

Hope everyone has a better day than they hoped for and keep smiling.

BlueSapphire Sun 24-Jan-21 09:27:11

Good morning everyone from a very frosty Northampton; we have leaden grey skies and it has been trying to snow.

Another day of reading, watching tv and knitting. It looks too icy and treacherous to attempt a walk. My second scarf is growing, but slowly, as I have to keep stopping to untangle the three yarns I am using; I have to twist the different yarns together at the side. Obviously the cats think this is all for their benefit!

Steak for dinner tonight, and a brunch of saute potatoes and bacon. Perhaps with an egg.

Take care and stay safe everyone.

Viridian Sun 24-Jan-21 09:27:58

Good morning from a wet and cold south Cornwall. Please send snow!!!!

A wild and whacky day ahead for me, knitting spiral socks with no heel. You couldn't make it up, could you. Oh and watching the Great Pottery Throw Down tonight.

Thanks for the Would I Lie To You reminder yesterday. Could hardly breathe with laughing at it last night, and watching Brian Cox in tears of laughter was so funny in itself.

Have the best day you can, everyone.

NannyJan53 Sun 24-Jan-21 09:35:32

Good morning from a very White Black Country, where it is snowing heavily,

No real plans today. I cleaned all the woodwork upstairs yesterday, so I will start on the downstairs today. I know how to live smile

Roast chicken tonight, then I will make soup which lasts until Thursday for lunches.

MrJan is supposed to be driving over to Birmingham tomorrow to finally retrieve items from his Locker. He retired in November. I doubt that will happen as we live on a hill and the roads here are treacherous getting off the estate when it has snowed.

Welcome to greenmossgiel and welcome back Sheepandcattle I have missed your tales of farming life.

Have a good day all