Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(84 Posts)
12Michael Wed 27-Jan-21 06:10:13

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, but wet ground outside , due to snow melting here in Brackley .
Today, I will do a small shop later this morning, but otherwise watch TV , have a nap later on after lunch .
Take Care,
Mick

Nannagarra Wed 27-Jan-21 08:09:29

Absolutely love the accounts from Sheepandcattle. Clearly it’s hard work but the animals’ antics do make me laugh!
HB to Urms DGD today. cupcake

ginny Wed 27-Jan-21 08:11:27

Good Morning. Certainly milder jetted in N . Bucks but misty.
The snow has all gone so my walk today will be less hazardous. Didn’t go far yesterday as I worried about slipping on the slush.
Diaries do seem to be redundant these days. The picture is of mine for this week( I did post this elsewhere). I said I would be exhausted by the time I’ve counted all the birds.
The best thing about most days is the Wattsapp messages and calls from different members of my family.
Hope you all find a ? today .

Elizabeth1 Wed 27-Jan-21 08:15:43

Good morning all from the east coast of Fifewhere the daylight is peaking from behind the curtains I think I may have heard rain falling through the night if so it’ll probably clear the snow and leave little patches of ice so take care all you Fifers and anyone else while out walking. These icy patches can be pretty dangerous.
I believe my lovely gn friend Katek may be in hospital with a broken hip as a result of a fall yesterday. Please get better soon. flowers

Did anyone notice the long days daylight yesterday I suppose it’ll depend on which part of the country we all live in. It gave me a good feel factor woohoo a sign of spring perhaps ?

grannysyb Wed 27-Jan-21 08:21:46

Not the best nights sleep awake from 4 till 6.30! Going over to a friends this morning, she had a new hip mid December and her family have been looking after her dog. Her daughter can't walk Daisy every day due to work pressure, so I'm goingto do a couple of days walking. She will get the dog ready and open the front door and Daisy will be so pleased to see me that she will run out! That will be today's walk. Hope everyone has a reasonable day.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 27-Jan-21 08:28:24

Good morning Mick and all

It’s looking very grey here in S E Essex. Bed changing abs laundry for me. MrGG13 is off do his Covid vaccine at 9am, one less worry!!!

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️

EllanVannin Wed 27-Jan-21 08:36:16

Good Morning All x.
A darkish start to the day and it's damp out there with no frost that I can see. In fact it's a positive heatwave at 9 degrees at present.

Woke up earlier just lying and listening to the birds singing and it was lovely and calming. For some reason I'm feeling a bit strung up today so I'll have to do some deep breathing and clear my head.

The news is affecting me, that I know. So many losses sad
I'll have to pull myself together to phone D in Oz in a minute as she's 60 today as it's now going on for 7.30 at night so they may be finishing dinner----or even out, I don't know.

Nothing wanted in the way of shopping or anything and the cats have all been fed, so I can get my shower in peace as I won't have the time tomorrow morning for I'm off for my INR at the surgery.

Hope everyone's keeping well and staying safe.
Take care, with thoughts to all xx

Lins1066 Wed 27-Jan-21 08:47:36

Good morning Mick and all from a damp S Welsh coast.
Took Mr Lins to the optician yesterday, he needs a new prescription. He only had new glasses in October but it seems that his eyes have changed again following the detached retina he suffered in November. The staff are lovely in the local opticians but it seems so strange to knock the door for them to unlock before entering, I don't think that many people were adhering to the "only two clients allowed in the shop". Yesterday afternoon town was almost empty and shops were shutting at 3.30. Took the dog for a walk On the seafront that was almost deserted too, it was misty and very atmospheric.
Too misty to wave to Cherry but I did anyway.
flowers for you Beechnut and all who are worrying and sad.
Thinking of missing posters and * gilly* of course.
Take care everyone.

Supernain Wed 27-Jan-21 08:56:56

Good morning Mick and all from a milder Norfolk.

Today I will receive my first ever soup maker so I’m looking forward to trying that out.

Will also be planting some cauliflower seeds in the greenhouse having already put seed potatoes in egg cartons to chit. They are on my bedroom (virtually unheated as I like a cold bedroom and warm bed) windowsill and will be planted in potato bags over the next few weeks. Spring is on the way.

My heart goes out to all those with troubles. Stay safe everyone

Marydoll Wed 27-Jan-21 08:57:26

Good morning from a still dark, but slightly warmer Glasgow, where it's 2°C. DH, a creature of habit, is all at sixes and sevens, because he slept in until 7.30am. I eventually started prodding him, to see if he was still alive. grin

Ashcome, I really feel for you. Migraines can be so debilitating, mine used to floor me for days. I had them for years and then they just suddenly stopped. (Touch wood).
Gaga, so very pleased to hear even the slightest bit of good news about your daughter.

Beechnut, sorry to hear you are feeling so low. Do you find that doing one of your crafting activities helps lift your mood.
Yesterday, I decided to reward to reward Dollie, with one of my sought after, Miss Marydoll's star pupil awards, for being my best (and only) pupil. Having decided to make a bookmark for her, I was pleased with the finished product. However, it lacked something. So I decided I would use my punch gadget, insert a brad and put a nice ribbon through the hole.
I eventually found the punch, but worryingly, I couldn't for the life of me, remember how to use it! Use it or loose it, is my new mantra!. I used to blooming run craft classes in school, I have forgotten it all. sad

Sorry to introduce a sad note, but my friend's pregnant granddaughter with Covid is still very ill. The consultant is making a decision on Friday about the baby. Mum is too ill to give birth naturally. Please pray for her.

Having gone for days without speaking to anyone, other than DD, I was spoiled for social interaction, yesterday.
It wasn't a great day healthwise and I was doing a bit of wallowing! I heard the doorbell ring and my immediate thought was, What on earth has DH bought this time?. Then I heard a little excited voice and squeals of laughter and when I looked over the banister, I could see a tiny pompon, bobbing up and down at the front door. It was Dollie. Despite her living ten minutes away, I had seen her since I came out of hospital. Her mum had come to check on her own mum, my neighbour. They have a difficult relationship too, so she doesn't come down very often.
I could feel my spirits soaring.

I the had two further, unexpected phone calls from friends and a lovely PM from a good Gransnetter friend who is also shielding. What joy!

I was also struggling to get a piece of information to complete the safeguarding audit, which I need to send away by Friday. Taking the bull by the horns, I phoned a few people, trying to find who would have it. When the person in question answered the phone with, Well, Auntie Mary, what can I do for you?, I was a bit surprised. (My number had come up on her phone).

I was stunned to find it was an old friend and long term colleague. As IT masterclasses for the local authority, we used to go on residential courses together and she and her husband, who was the LA IT technician, used to call me, Auntie Mary, because I spent my time trying to keep them out of mischief! grin

Another Zoom lesson today, creative writing. I shall enjoy that and the chilli for tea is already made. Hopefully you will all have as pleasant a day, as I hope to have.

Anniebach Wed 27-Jan-21 08:57:40

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Legs55 Wed 27-Jan-21 08:59:38

Good morning all, first time I've posted on this thread for a while. I came out of Hospital on Monday (11 days with Cellulitis, badly infected so needed IV Antibiotics). District Nurse coming sometime to dress my leg. Whilst I was in Hospital there were 2 other patients (our paths didn't cross) tested positive for Covid so although I had 4 negative tests I have to self isolate for 14 days, not that I can do anything as I can't even get sandals on now with pressure bandage covering foot, so just rest for me.

Glad to be home but difficult & painful doing anything even making a brew

flowers to all, hope every-one finds something positive today to cheer them up.

I will look forward to a few phone calls from friends & family to cheer me up smile. On the positive side I have a good excuse reason no to do housework grin

Gingster Wed 27-Jan-21 09:03:04

Good morning all. I’m up late today as little pooch slept in and didn’t wake me until 8 o’clock. Loverly!

Yesterday we thought we’d take her over the woods/fields as we hadn’t been able to give her a run off lead for so long. I said ‘ I think the ground will be solid after the frost’. Haha! We had to climb over the gate as there was a huge pond around it , and mud wasn’t the word for it. More like quagmire! We carried on and Elsie had a great time . ???.
Came home and put her straight in the bath. We sponged ourselves down. What fun!!

Lovely to hear of life on the farm sh/catt . What a busy life you have !

ashcombe sorry to hear of your migraine. Hope you’re better. ?

Happy birthday to little GD Urms ?. Your SOAP sounds lovely. Is it a sort of casserole? ?.

Beechnut hope you’re feeling brighter today. ?

Harrigran yes, time to phone the doc. It’s going on too long now.

Wishing you all a pleasant day and find something that passes the time nicely. ??

Stilllearning Wed 27-Jan-21 09:11:24

Morning from S Lanarkshire, very misty where I am. So excited yesterday when postie delivered the much anticipated vaccine letter, 12th February for me, I am so thankful.
Started a new book with my granddaughter last night, we now have two full screens to see each other which is a great improvement on just having phone screens.
I have to put my repeat prescription into the chemist today so that will give me a reason to go out, motivation is a bit lacking these days. Time for a plan!
Wishing everyone a good day x

brook2704 Wed 27-Jan-21 09:12:12

Happy Birthday to your DD in Oz EV , I hope she’s enjoyed her day. ??
Thinking about your friends granddaughter marydoll and hoping more than anything that things don’t get any worse
Hoping harrigran and legs recover soon and anyone else feeling poorly
? for you Beechnut

Gelisajams Wed 27-Jan-21 09:13:15

Good morning from a grey Morecambe Bay. I think it’s a bit warmer this morning. I spent much of the night kicking the quilt off then being cold and pulling it back. I feel more like it’s bedtime than morning. Perhaps I’ll come round when we start our walk.
I have informed DH he’s cutting my hair today. Not asked, because he would say no. I’ve just had enough of it. It’s waist length and annoying me now. I always have it long but this is ridiculous. I lie on it and pull it during the night even if I tie it up. I was considering getting it all cut off really short and sending it to a wig making charity but they don’t want it despite it being so long as it’s not all one colour. Grey and bleached streaks on the ends.
Take care everyone and stay safe ?

LauraNorder Wed 27-Jan-21 09:14:42

Good morning to Mick and all from grey, dry Anglesey. Thought there was a problem with my eyes but turned out to be a band of mist across the centre of the field.
Happy birthday to Urms little granddaughter, EV’s daughter and my own granddaughter who is 14 today. Seems a popular day for birthdays.
Please call your doctor Harrigran, these tummy problems are going on and on and need to be sorted out.
Looking out for Grandmafrench hoping the ankle is okay today and some warm sunshine will help.
Jaxjacky I read yesterday that you were in the Dordogne for a while. We were in Lot et Garonne from 2013 to 2017, half an hour south of Bergerac. Whereabouts were you?
Hope we see Pantglas soon, hopefully she’s just having a rest.
Lots of lovely snowdrops on the roadside and daffodils pushing through, a sure sign of better things to come.
Have a better day than yesterday all of you.

Gelisajams Wed 27-Jan-21 09:16:55

I’ve found a photo of it taken a couple of years ago. It’s grown quite a bit since

GrannySomerset Wed 27-Jan-21 09:18:07

The world from our windows is green again so it will be safe underfoot to walk to the dentist, the highlight of today. Otherwise not a lot to pontificate on though I had a lovely chat with DGD1, aged 18, who is finding not seeing her friends particularly hard as she is a very outgoing only child. Busy planning an inter rail trip with friends for late summer - the wonderful ability of the young to look forward.

Love the tales of farming life though it makes my doing so little look even worse. So sorry that so many are worried and hope we can have an OK day.

Sparklefizz Wed 27-Jan-21 09:18:24

Good Morning Mick and all GNs from damp South Glos.

Thoroughly enjoy reading your posts Sheepandcattle .... it's like our own episode of Country File. smile

Sorry to hear about the Blepharitis Urms but those warm damp pads did the trick for me so I'm sure they will help. Happy birthday to the birthday girl. sunshine

dragonfly I know what you mean about AC telling you their worries .... and much as that then makes me worry, I love to feel that they still need me once in a while.

Must get going and will pop back later to catch up on everyone's messages.

Special thoughts to all who are anxious or unwell. x

Sparklefizz Wed 27-Jan-21 09:19:38

Gelisajams What truly fantastic hair!!!!!!

Grammaretto Wed 27-Jan-21 09:30:16

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. 2degrees here. I assumed the daffodils were from the South of England Brook, not Inverness.
Still icy snow here and the local roe deer population have been hard pruning our shrubs and roses.
So sorry about your friend's DGD Marydoll
You've had a horrendous time. So has Legs.
Good news from GG. Or at least better.
I am finding this living alone malarkey no fun so have decided to find a lodger.
A lightbulb went yesterday and I can't change it by myself.shock

Happy Birthday celebrations in the Urmstongran family.

Urmstongran Wed 27-Jan-21 09:32:18

SOAP dish:

Cut up 3 pork steaks put in flat oven proof dish.
Chop an onion and a baking apple and put on top.
Sprinkle heaped teaspoon of sage over and half teaspoon salt.
Pour 3 tablespoons water on top, cover with foil and bake on and a quarter hours, fan 180°C.

Remove from oven and top with buttery or cheesy mash.
Bake again for 25 minutes when ready to eat.

Easy peasy and really delicious. We like it with spring greens.

BlueSapphire Wed 27-Jan-21 09:43:54

Grrrrr! Had almost finished my post when it disappeared!

Good morning everyone from a grey and damp Northampton. The snow has disappeared, and it looks rather miserable outside.

Not a lot planned for today. Am up early this morning as I remembered it was my weekly tablet day, so took that early, and then had my shower and dressed. Just sitting with a mug of tea and rich tea biscuits!

Finished DD's scarf yesterday; it looks rather good with tassel fringe on. I then pulled the cushion cover out from the back of the cupboard under the stairs. I started it last May, and have not touched it since, but it was easy to pick up from where I left off. It will keep me out of mischief until my cardigan pack arrives.

Must update my Sainsbury's order for delivery tomorrow. I fancied a stir-fry, but had no suitable meat in the freezer, so I need to add that to the list along with one or two other things.

Amazon delivery today - I ordered four books yesterday after reading an article in the paper about up-coming young authors who are taking their inspiration from Agatha Christie. Looking forward to reading them. But mustn't forget my book club read for next month, which I should have ordered yesterday!

Best wishes for a good day for all.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 27-Jan-21 09:44:10

MrGG13 has returned from having his Covid vaccination smiling to inform me that he has put my name on the stand-by list!!!!!

Apparently at the end of the day if they have doses left over they will ring (I met the criteria as I am asthmatic, live with an older person and can be there pdq)

Grammaretto Wed 27-Jan-21 09:52:10

GrannyGravy13 That's true. My sister and her DH both dashed to have theirs done at the end of the day.
Beautiful photo LauraNorder