Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(84 Posts)
12Michael Wed 27-Jan-21 06:10:13

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, but wet ground outside , due to snow melting here in Brackley .
Today, I will do a small shop later this morning, but otherwise watch TV , have a nap later on after lunch .
Take Care,
Mick

LadyO Wed 27-Jan-21 12:24:11

Urmston I had Blepharitis and used warm pads but found they were rather damp and messy to use. My optician recommended this... goes in the microwave for a few seconds, no mess and keeps its heat for longer. My problems cleared up?

CherryCezzy Wed 27-Jan-21 12:24:49

Good afternoon everyone from a grey Gower.

It's been a case of morning 1 Cherry 0 today. Too many mornings are winning!

I haven't even had the chance to read anyone's doings yet! It didn't help that I forgot to charge my tablet and had to wait for that to charge a bit but that's probably an excuse too far ?
I hope everyone is okay but for anyone who isn't ?????????? for you ?

Thinking of you Susan, I hope you are feeling a bit stronger ? with each day x

Have the best day you can everyone, stay safe and cosy and find a ? along the way ❤️

Taichinan Wed 27-Jan-21 12:26:08

A very very late Good Morning (or early afternoon) from the sunny Costa del Angus where I have just been called in for my vaccination on Friday! Such jubilation. I never thought I'd see the day when I was pleased to get a phone call telling me to turn up and get a needle stuck into me! Apart from peace of mind, I don't think it will make any difference to my life though - we still have to abide by the rules I assume.
Anyway, thank you to all who thought of me during my absence and welcomed me back yesterday. That was very heartwarming. Even in the very best of times, I find January such a miserable, long month - and this is hardly the best of times! But now the end is in sight and February is on its way and my depression is lifting like magic - I'll swear there's even warmth in the sun.
I haven't had time to read the posts yet as I didn't wake up until 10.45 (hangs head in shame) but I wish everyone a cosy, comfortable day with sunshine in your hearts and a smile on your faces ? ???

Urmstongran Wed 27-Jan-21 12:35:16

Thank you LadyO for that, very kind of you. My optician said she had tiny heat pads to warm up in microwave. Obviously they are good because they retain their heat. Cost £20. I’m a bit of a cheapskate so took her suggestion to boil kettle, let it cool to warm and dip in two cotton pads. Re-dip as necessary to warm the pads. If it doesn’t clear that way I’ll go back and splash the cash!
?

Urmstongran Wed 27-Jan-21 12:36:02

Excellent news Taichinan on all fronts!
?

LadyO Wed 27-Jan-21 13:23:56

Urmston Therapearl eye mask is about £8 (Amazon) but the problem with the cotton wool pads was that they lost their heat so quickly before you’d had a good session plus they can drip down your face...?. Also the mask stays in place with the elastic, I must have a lopsided face as the slightest movement of my position sent my cotton wool pad skidding down my cheek!

Blossoming Wed 27-Jan-21 15:00:14

Thank you Sparklefizz I needed a cap re-gluing to a back tooth. It came off last week while I was eating and luckily I didn’t swallow it. I’ve had it around 10 years. The dentist was able to refit it no problem, did my checkup and saw the hygienist, everything else is in good condition!

Sparklefizz Wed 27-Jan-21 16:46:07

Great news Blossoming. Glad you got it sorted. smile