Gransnet forums

Chat

The Argy Bargy Bar is back!

(1001 Posts)
lemongrove Wed 27-Jan-21 21:44:26

Hello Argies, regulars and newcomers, after meeting Moneybags Mike this evening we have another year’s lease on the bar ( £8/10/6d! Daylight robbery)
Drop in here anytime for a chat, banter and a drink or three.
Every Friday is a ‘theme nite’ there may be a raffle and there is always humour along with strong poteen.

AGAA4 Sat 06-Mar-21 16:20:44

I see ixion has left her Hawaian. I will have some of that later. It's the only one the llamas haven't polished off as it has pineapple on it. The only thing they don't like.

Hope you enjoy Grimsby ixion.

Doodle Sat 06-Mar-21 21:04:35

ixion by the time that postcard gets here from Grimsby you’ll be back ?
Well at least we seem to have seen the last of the Luigi family.
They did bring us some very tasty pizzas.

grandmajet Sun 07-Mar-21 08:30:10

Oh ixion. I saw that guy with the flowery necklace, the one from Grimsby, trying to give Happyme a slice of his pepperoni special behind the bar on Friday. Don’t trust him!

AGAA4 Sun 07-Mar-21 15:56:25

Is that when the Spicy Pepperoni guy was chasing you around the bar grandmajet. Did he catch you?

grandmajet Sun 07-Mar-21 16:05:24

That’s the one AGA. I didn’t like the look of his Spicy Pepperoni one little bit!
I hooked up with a hot and spicy Sicilian! Gorgeous! He treated me to a bite of his dough ball too!

AGAA4 Sun 07-Mar-21 16:09:59

Be careful grandmajet. That Sicilian is in the Mafia. A dangerous dough ball!

grandmajet Sun 07-Mar-21 16:25:06

?
He said he was in with a lovely mob, but that his Godfather could be a bit touchy.

AGAA4 Sun 07-Mar-21 16:30:03

Please don't join the mob grandmajet. We don't want you to be Gangsta Granny.

grandmajet Sun 07-Mar-21 16:41:45

His family are all goodfellas apparently so I’m sure he’s ok. He asked a lot of questions about Luigi, was this his hood?, and his trap house? I said we had a few mousetraps but they weren’t Luigi’s, and the hoodie was mine for the walk home.

Doodle Sun 07-Mar-21 19:10:58

Well I’ve been down to the Pizza Hut and had a nice chat with a fellow called Domino. He tells me we should avoid Luigi’s as they have connections with the underworld. Quite what the tube trains have to do with it I don’t know but I have ordered another delivery of pizzas for Friday. These are apparently Bogof pizzas, shaped like a toilet seat with a hole in the middle.

ixion Sun 07-Mar-21 19:15:38

Won't be a patch on my Hawaiian, trust me??

grandmajet Sun 07-Mar-21 19:49:32

Palm trees in Grimsby, ixion?

AGAA4 Mon 08-Mar-21 15:38:54

Pizza again on Friday! Thanks Doodle. I liked the pizzas from Luigi's but not the guys wearing shoulder holsters who brought them.

ixion Mon 08-Mar-21 19:42:21

?
I did say, IIRC, that my Hawaiian was taking me home.
Well he sure did. Grimsby it was, and he even tried to introduce me to "Skeggy" ?, telling me it was just like Waikiki beach in Honolulu. Aw, c'mon.

Thank for the loan of The Admiral Doodle. He caused a bit of a stir coming into Grimsby en bateau. Either that or it was his dubious repertoire of sea shanties.

Will you do the Lost Sheep bit, please?
Will steer clear of pizzas in future - will just opt for a juicy saveloy 'n' chips.

Doodle Mon 08-Mar-21 19:46:41

AGA shoulder holsters ?. I thought they were back braces.
Gulp. They seemed to like it in the Argy. Do you think they’ll come back.
ixion. In view of Luigi’s gang I wonder if we would be better off having fish and chips (or saveloy if you insist) from the chippy.

Doodle Mon 08-Mar-21 19:48:30

Cum on ixion sit down by the bar. It’s ok. We’ve all been had before (many times in the case of grandmajet).
Have a pint and forget your troubles......then after that you can clean the gents toilet. ?

ixion Mon 08-Mar-21 19:50:11

Thought Happyme was lav monitor these days??

Doodle Mon 08-Mar-21 20:02:56

She was promoted when you left to go to Hawaii. ?

grandmajet Mon 08-Mar-21 22:59:21

Welcome back ixion. I promise never to mention Grimsby again.
How was Grimsby?

AGAA4 Tue 09-Mar-21 16:58:12

How about a pyjama party this week? I think after all the excitement recently a quiet night in, if that is at all possible at the Argy, with fish and chips and poteen. Maybe a few cocktails. We could sing sea shanties with the Admiral or maybe not. I remember some of the words blush

AGAA4 Tue 09-Mar-21 16:59:59

ixion try not to get carried off to Barbados or somewhere exotic as you will end up in Hull.

grandmajet Tue 09-Mar-21 17:04:56

Ooh, yes, I’ll dig out my baby doll number, yellow, frilly and very short!
Maybe someone will lure me off to Fiji. Or Grimsby. Oops. Don’t mention Grimsby!

grandmajet Tue 09-Mar-21 17:05:59

Will the punters wear their nightwear too? Do you think some of them sleep in the altogether. ?

AGAA4 Tue 09-Mar-21 17:20:15

Most of our punters wear their pyjamas to come here anyway.

I will pinch some blankets from the llamas to keep you warm grandmajet. Your baby doll number sounds chilly to me. I will be in my tartan winceyette ones

Doodle Tue 09-Mar-21 19:38:07

Ooh AGA I love the sound of a pyjama party. I have a lovely striped pair that I got from HM prison found in a jumble sale.
Fish and chips and mushy peas for me too.
Shall we hire a film to watch and we can all snuggle on the floor with the llamas and have a sing song.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion