Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(109 Posts)
12Michael Sat 06-Feb-21 06:11:04

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , and looks foggy and cold out there in Brackley this morning.
Still trying to get used to being home , went out twice yesterday , got some Fish & Chips and a supermarket shop as well , both causing delays with queing , but no palpitations returned a good sign.
Getting my medication in order , also spoke to my surgery as regards to the coronavirus jab option , also talked about an exemption card as to face mask, and it was a yes , having checked .
Take Care,
Mick

Marydoll Sat 06-Feb-21 19:17:38

He didn't bet on that race, as he didn't like the odds, or so he says.

However, what a man bets on and wins or loses is strictly between him and his bookmaker. It is not a wife's place to know that. I have my own secrets. wink

Beauregard Sat 06-Feb-21 19:09:51

I checked again Marydoll in case there had been a stewards enquiry and the winner had been disqualified, but alas not. Hope your DH picked the winner.

Beauregard Sat 06-Feb-21 19:07:45

Thanks for looking out for him Borrheid and Jaxjacky - but sadly he didn't win...he was second. Oh well...next time!

Marydoll Sat 06-Feb-21 19:02:09

Oh I thought it came second at 2/1. mmmmm?

Jaxjacky Sat 06-Feb-21 18:57:15

Yes Beauregard I looked at it this morning, was going to have a small flutter, not at those odds though!

Borrheid55 Sat 06-Feb-21 18:53:29

Beauregard well done on your horse’s win!

Gwenisgreat1 Sat 06-Feb-21 13:46:46

Gingster. Could be fun! An afrt class via Zoom!! I do belong to a club which is operating via Zoom just now. There were only 6 of us last week, normally in excess of 12!!

Urmstongran Sat 06-Feb-21 13:28:58

I know not of what she speaks Oops...
?

Oopsadaisy1 Sat 06-Feb-21 13:25:18

Ironing ?
Bed Linen?

What madness is this ??

Urmstongran Sat 06-Feb-21 13:02:10

The worst part is I will have to iron bed linen to make up a fresh bed! Oh joy. No, Kalu you just don’t have to! Look woman, do it if you feel you really must but fresh & clean really is Good Enough. Who wants to spend hours of their life at an ironing board ... you’ll never get that time back again!
#lazygran
??

Litterpicker Sat 06-Feb-21 12:43:30

Good morning from currently sunny W Sussex but I see clouds are appearing.
I always think I should read all posts before posting myself but coming on late and so many posts, I can’t reply to them all anyway. I would like to add my thoughts to all the others for Georgesgran, AuntieFlo, Marydoll and of course, Mick. There are several who haven’t posted recently who I hope are OK.
Have done Pilates class this morning then long phone call with DD1 who is off for for the weekend after a long stint with extra shifts worked - she works in adult social care managing the home care team and has been very stressed with staff illness and general lack of resources.
I have started reading a “bedtime story” via Skype, to 12 year old GS who has autism and is very difficult to get to bed. The book I am reading is set in WW2 with evacuees, bombing raids and a local murder to be solved!

Gingster Sat 06-Feb-21 11:52:45

Yes Sparklefizz an art group would be just the job. ??‍?

Taichinan Sat 06-Feb-21 11:44:55

Good morning all. Late to the feast as always, so haven't read - there's 94 if you ahead of me! The weather is vile on the Angus coast, and forecast for worse to come. Roll on Spring!
Had my vaccination yesterday - AstraZeneca - with no side effects at all, not even a sore arm. A friend has told me that she has turned down the vaccination, something which I can't understand. But we're all different I suppose.
Have the best day you can everyone. ???

ixion Sat 06-Feb-21 11:42:07

Georgesgran
Sending you ?

hollysteers Sat 06-Feb-21 11:31:40

Good morning from Rainy Roofs, northwest coast after a sunny day yesterday where I opened the car window, lay back and let my face absorb that wonderful Vit D before having my jab from a young nice looking medic. I drove a little out of town but as it was based at a college where I used to teach, it was no problem and reading the reports of the queues and some angst at the nearest one to me, glad it was there.
Quite a lot of walking yesterday, I do wish my back wouldn’t give up before my legs do, even with my back support. It’s been the same since I was a young gal.
Hope you feel more yourself soon Mick and thoughts to the worried.

Sparklefizz Sat 06-Feb-21 11:21:05

Love your painting Gwenisgreat1 - very good indeed.

My painting was mixed media - mainly watercolours but with some additional white acrylic.

Blossoming Sat 06-Feb-21 11:20:07

Good morning all from a very rainy Lancashire. We were up very late last night, watching a Friday night film and drinking Prosecco. It’s almost a weekly ritual (watching a film, not the Prosecco!). This week’s was Lawrence of Arabia. Such a beautifully filmed movie and an old favourite. Not much on the agenda for today other than housework.

Have a calm and relaxing day ?

hulahoop Sat 06-Feb-21 11:17:38

Good morning from a very wet West Yorkshire .Had poor night last night very hot kept throwing quilt off then going cold but achy this morning following jab yesterday.
? to auntie Flo George's gran ,Marshall and all those with worries .

Gwenisgreat1 Sat 06-Feb-21 11:17:33

Sparklefizz. what medium is that picture in? I like working in Acrylics, though I'd love to have the space for using oils.

GrannySomerset Sat 06-Feb-21 11:16:14

So sorry to read AuntieFlo’s and Georgesgran’s news and hoping that the support they need is there. And Marydoll, who has every right to feel fed up - this has all gone on too long for most of us. Whichever poet it was who said “April is the cruellest month” hadn’t lived through this February.

DH sorted, washing machine busy and a blank afternoon while DH watches rugby so I will be free to read without serial interruptions about nothing important.

EllanVannin Sat 06-Feb-21 11:07:48

Good Morning All x
It's rather damp outside and looks rather soggy around the garden. Only 4 degrees outside and probably 16 inside but not cold enough to switch on the heating, I can live with that.

My word I was dizzy this morning, walking into the walls and putting out my hands for balance. I get these " do's " occasionally. Could be low BP, this catarrhal infection I have or a touch of arthritis in my neck. Whatever it is it's a nuisance when it happens and is easing after neck exercises. Sounds like an orchestra of castanets. However it doesn't stop me from scoffing my crumpets grin so there can't be much wrong.

A far cry from those of you who are really suffering. Auntieflo with concerns, Georgesgran and her worries, Susan, MarydollMick to name a few flowers We're all here for all of you. x

So glad you have found Dumpy, Sheepandcattle I hope there'll be some bonding. I'm daft enough that I be bringing the ewes into the kitchen grin but at least a barn is undercover and I imagine nearer for you to see to should anything go awry rather than being out in the field.

A lovely painting Sparklefizz, worth framing as it makes you smile. Such a lot of talent here, knitting/ sewing/ quilt-making/ painting etc. I feel like a useless individual, though I know I can turn my hand to most, I've lost my powers of concentration and can't settle long enough to do one thing at a time. I think I've been hyperactive all my life but not so as you'd notice.
A GP once told me in the 70's that I can't relax which is why I've remained slim I suppose. I don't sit long enough for any fat to settle.

Fish again today. I've got some fillets of salmon in the freezer so I'll bake it in foil in th'oven and do some duchesse potatoes with brocolli and parsley sauce with a squirt of lemon.

Haven't heard from D for 2 weeks though have a feeling that she may pop along later. I never feel over the moon with news from her end as it seems like never-ending misery that quite honestly I can do without, but I don't say anything. The children are alright---it's their mother who isn't ! (my GD )

I hope everyone gets their vax's soon then it doesn't leave it too late for the second, as I realise it takes us through until summertime before both become established within the system to work efficiently.

Thoughts to everyone under strain and worrying and I hope for better times ahead.x
Take care and stay safe xx

muse Sat 06-Feb-21 11:07:32

Georgesgran flowers

Good morning all. Last time I visited you weren't here Mick so I've caught up with your news. Take care.

Have to fit in a midnight and sunrise walk for Mya (dog). Been poorly for a few weeks and she's not managed to get through the night sad and loose pooping a lot during the day. Vet could find nothing wrong with her so I changed her diet. Taken a few days but she's got it under control except for the nights. It's like training her all over again. She's 6.

Once up and out I enjoyed the cold frosty morning. Beautiful sunrise. Gorgeous blue sky and I think we have it for a few days (Cornwall). Thank goodness. I was beginning to think it would never stop raining. We don't even have the delight of a decent snowfall.

We had ours vaccination last Thursday. We both had a text from the doctor at the same time with a link to NHS site so booked it for same day and time. Treatment centre was 10mins drive away. Yesterday we then had a letter from NHS saying to book it.

I find it strange how the country varies with the amount of vaccinations done for 70+ and 80+. Cornwall has really speeded up. I think it's because so many centres have opened up here. Our problem is people are so spread out but surgeries are doing a lot of home visits.

Sad to hear you are still waiting Marydoll. Hope it is very soon. You'd think there would be some logical order to when the NHS letters go out to tell people to book.

Hoping for a long facetime chat with my lovely daughter this evening. Miss her. Hope to see her in August.

BlueBelle Sat 06-Feb-21 11:06:50

Sorry to hear your news Georgesgran thinking of you and Marydoll I hope you can feel better soon
It’s a grey grey wet day in Suffolk, a quick shopping trip then home same as usual

TopsyIrene06 Sat 06-Feb-21 11:06:10

Harrigran - you might like 23 Walks with Alison Steadman and Dave Johns.

LauraNorder Sat 06-Feb-21 11:03:40

Georgesgran flowers