Gransnet forums

Chat

Nicola Sturgeon and Alex Salmond

(43 Posts)
Riverwalk Mon 08-Feb-21 10:43:07

Can anyone explain to me, in short sentences, what is going on?

I know Salmond was cleared of sexual assault charges and he and Sturgeon are now enemies but I truly have difficulty trying to work out what went wrong and what the latest enquiry is about.

It's surely going to affect the forthcoming Parliamentary election.

eazybee Mon 08-Feb-21 14:31:36

Actually it will make a difference to our lives because Sturgeon is pushing Scottish independence to cover her failures in in Scotland, and Scotland, whether you like it or not, is part of the British Isles.

Shouting about the British Prime Minister doesn't alter Alex Salmond's sleazy reputation and Nicola Sturgeon's alleged duplicity.

Alegrias1 Mon 08-Feb-21 14:37:26

aaaarrrrrgggghhhh!

Sorry, it all got too much for me ???

www.gransnet.com/forums/news_and_politics/1291109-Scottish-independence-English-me-would-like-to-understand

Anniebach Mon 08-Feb-21 14:41:39

So Salmond dearly loved his wife but ! The same can be said of Boris !

Lollypolly Mon 08-Feb-21 15:19:44

What paddyanne said is correct.I have never met Alex or Nicola Sturgeon however I have friends who know them both very well. It is MSM led and designed to cause maximum damage to Scottish politics. However what I understand is that most people are not interested in the personalities more about the outcome of the next election and Indy referendum. There will always be disagreements in all political parties, some are dealt with others swept under the carpet. It would be wonderful if people would be honest, no deliberate lies or dirty tricks just facts and let the people of Scotland decide and who knows what the result would be, but one thing is certain, the more nonsense that comes out the more determined people are to vote for independence. On reading this what came to mind ( possibly irrelevant) was those women who married and had children with undercover police and had absolutely no idea who they really were until they just disappeared. What kind of country do we live in when this is acceptable. Dirty tricks with people's lives, Westminster at its best. So sad!

Floradora9 Mon 08-Feb-21 15:30:27

Sparklefizz why do you think she has undermined Boris Johnstone during the pandemic ? She has shown more common sense than he has and the death figures bear this out . Anniebach you might not like it but she has been place first in polls as the UK leader the people trust most. I would hate if she got her way and Scotland left the UK but I am full of admiration for the way she has handled the present situation .

Urmstongran Mon 08-Feb-21 15:40:29

If this is just MSM led, why don’t Nicola Sturgeon and Alex Salmond just patch things up between them? Politics is a dirty business, they know the ropes and surely would want damage limitation to save the party?

On the other hand ‘there’s no smoke without fire’ comes to mind

Alegrias1 Mon 08-Feb-21 15:46:11

One of the most dangerous phrases in the English language is "no smoke without fire".

Urmstongran Mon 08-Feb-21 15:47:51

No it isn’t Alegrias. It’s probably ‘I’m from the government and we’re here to help’.
?

Alegrias1 Mon 08-Feb-21 15:49:57

??

kgnw28225 Mon 08-Feb-21 16:02:42

Nicola Sturgeon the most popular politician in the UK? You must be joking. Her ambition is to be Prime minister of Scotland, and be a ‘very important somebody’
Fine, but she would not be given any accolades in the U.K

Casdon Mon 08-Feb-21 16:09:04

There’s a huge difference between being the most popular leader and the most popular politician.

trisher Mon 08-Feb-21 16:12:24

Given a choice between Nicola and Boris I'd go for Nicola every time. As far as I can gather the discussion now seems to be about who knew what and when, with meetings which were unminuted and took place in Nicola's home being the focus of attention. All I can think is "Good luck with that!" If you were to approach my family and friends and ask what we talked about at any get together we had anytime before lockdown you'd probably get different answers from all of us!!!

GrannyGravy13 Mon 08-Feb-21 17:05:17

Alex Salmond will not be appearing at the Holyrood inquiry tomorrow as planned
being reported by BBC............what has he got to be afraid of?

paddyanne Mon 08-Feb-21 17:12:50

O f course Boris loved his wife....loAnnie that'll be the wife he walked out on when she was fighting cancer .
I dont know what goes on in anyones marriage and I dont pretend to .I do know that Alex and Moira have been married almost 40 years (this year) that he is 66 and she is 83 and for whatever reason whether she knows about it or not he says "he's not an angel" make of it what you will .
They are still together. It may not mean what some have said it does

paddyanne Mon 08-Feb-21 17:14:00

Maybe he's snowed in GrannyGravy13 theres a lot of snow and a lot of roads closed up here .

Kamiso Mon 08-Feb-21 17:37:38

paddyanne

O f course Boris loved his wife....loAnnie that'll be the wife he walked out on when she was fighting cancer .
I dont know what goes on in anyones marriage and I dont pretend to .I do know that Alex and Moira have been married almost 40 years (this year) that he is 66 and she is 83 and for whatever reason whether she knows about it or not he says "he's not an angel" make of it what you will .
They are still together. It may not mean what some have said it does

That would be the same wife who had an affair with Boris whilst he was married to her best friend?

I think Nicola Sturgeon has bigger fish to fry and was planning a pathway into the EU for herself and her OH. They could double up on the millions made by the Kinnocks.

Granny23 Mon 08-Feb-21 18:55:24

I think Nicola Sturgeon has bigger fish to fry and was planning a pathway into the EU for herself and her OH. They could double up on the millions made by the Kinnocks

!!! ??? !!! ???

Her ambition is to be Prime minister of Scotland, and be a ‘very important somebody’

Where did you get these ideas? Nicola is already the First Minister of Scotland and a 'very important person'