Gransnet forums

Chat

Royalty the queen and her family.

(1001 Posts)
Grany Mon 08-Feb-21 16:16:48

Some news about our H o S
RF family want their 1969 documentary to be taken off air. The Queen was talking in it about a governor that looked like a gorilla, in one little clip, of docu seen on twitter.

Queen doesn't want her various shares and their values in companies made public too embarrassing. And lobbied in the 70s to be made exempt from new law. She has millions in off shore accounts.

P Charles land owner lobbied to be exempt from new leaseholder legislation that would have allowed homeowners to buy the land their property sits on.

And when people from the Duchy die with no living relatives P Charles gets the money, with other landowners around the country money goes to the treasury

Then there is Andrew

The 20,000 Sandringham Estate gets millions in subsidies

Queen gets her Wendy house refurbished to her own specifications including a new thatched roof.

Meanwhile in other news a little boy stole a tin of soup because he was so hungry, never mind.

www.republic.org.uk

Grany Sat 27-Feb-21 10:04:40

Declassified 4 articals

Revealed: British royals met tyrannical Middle East monarchies over 200 times since Arab Spring erupted 10 years ago

www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2021-02-23-revealed-british-royals-met-tyrannical-middle-east-monarchies-over-200-times-since-arab-spring-erupted-10-years-ago/?fbclid=IwAR06agZBZyXwFvGcCNplkVmKavWgjNtCdmR0gmpz5Gdr-dxas0QHsjJD2ZQ

Charles of Arabia: How Britain’s next king bolsters autocratic Gulf regimes

www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2021-02-24-charles-of-arabia-how-britains-next-king-bolsters-autocratic-gulf-regimes/?fbclid=IwAR34H5L2BOBJw4fvzhMpnFoS5_99nNbdckv8AYVCl62M1AZJkqsYr0cOwSs

Prince Andrew helped deepen UK relations with Gulf regimes for eight years after Epstein scandal

www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2021-02-25-prince-andrew-helped-deepen-uk-relations-with-gulf-regimes-for-eight-years-after-epstein-scandal/?fbclid=IwAR190V2k3nEcKoA-ZouLhj4JgpRtHxghy8ZMmTSvy7ao-4PUrKdVmIS19vg

Queen Elizabeth’s support for Gulf kings ‘puts love of horses ahead of human rights’

www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2021-02-26-queen-elizabeths-support-for-gulf-kings-puts-love-of-horses-ahead-of-human-rights/?fbclid=IwAR2lCl-RDVnxi0V3ONgzSEx28V163MQXaBc52jm2tDJDJAaMmJ5vDZTymkA

trisher Sat 27-Feb-21 10:14:54

All this as the police are requested to re-open the search for Sheik Mohammed's missing daughter and the Biden administration releases documents showing the Saudi crown prince authorised the Saudi journalist's murder.
It seems standards of morality are questionable in all members of the RF.

Grany Sat 27-Feb-21 11:05:40

It seems standards of morality are questionable in all members of the RF.

Yes that's true trisher very questionable.

nadateturbe Sat 27-Feb-21 14:30:38

They don't care what any of us think. They are just so arrogant. And yet support for them is strong. Difficult to understand.

Ilovecheese Sat 27-Feb-21 14:57:47

Not just our royal family. Maybe that sort of position, being told that they are the most important people in the country, may well skew one's morality.

Mollygo Mon 01-Mar-21 12:10:37

Ooh, I’m not really interested in the RF, but there’s a lot of questionable morality in all walks of society!

tickingbird Mon 01-Mar-21 12:22:10

Especially in certain Guardian journalists!

trisher Mon 01-Mar-21 12:27:15

But none of them as far as I know pretend to be above such things- Head of the Church of England? Or is morality in the Church an outdated concept?

eazybee Mon 01-Mar-21 13:24:44

As far as I am aware, the Queen, showing remarkable restraint, has not kidnapped any of her family and kept them under house arrest.

Ladyleftfieldlover Mon 01-Mar-21 13:28:35

eazybee

As far as I am aware, the Queen, showing remarkable restraint, has not kidnapped any of her family and kept them under house arrest.

Don’t forget those two female relatives of the Queen Mother who were locked up in an asylum as they were slightly demented. It was referred to in the Crown but I remember reading about it years ago.

Anniebach Mon 01-Mar-21 13:37:42

The sisters father placed his daughters in a mental hospital,

Iam64 Mon 01-Mar-21 13:42:11

The two cousins were placed into the kind of residential institution thought appropriate to their needs, at that period of our history. No doubt, these days they may have lived in some kind of sheltered accommodation. Large institutions are no longer used for obvious reasons.
If people need a stick to feat the RF with, that one is broken

tickingbird Mon 01-Mar-21 13:44:18

Why is it anything to do with the Queen if two aunts she doesn’t know are placed in an asylum when she was a girl?

Anniebach Mon 01-Mar-21 13:49:33

Can anyone explain - slightly demented ?

maddyone Mon 01-Mar-21 14:25:22

If people need a stick to beat the RF with, that one is broken.

Of course it is. The Queen had nothing to do with these two relatives. It was thought appropriate to put mentally ill people into institutions then, nowadays they might easily have received treatment/support at home, or lived in some kind of sheltered accommodation as Iam64 suggests. It’s completely irrelevant to the RF today.

Anniebach Mon 01-Mar-21 14:39:09

Pathetic

EllanVannin Mon 01-Mar-21 14:44:17

What concerns me is who is left to reign once the Queen is no longer around ? I don't see anyone who'll ever replace her---not even a decent leader should we go Republican.

Bridgeit Mon 01-Mar-21 15:07:08

There’s a whole host of descendants to work down through, some of them are capable of doing a reasonable job I’m sure.
Rather that than a Republic.

Alegrias1 Mon 01-Mar-21 15:25:20

Charles. It will be Charles.

That's how inherited monarchies work. Matters not whether he will be any good at it.

Bridgeit Mon 01-Mar-21 15:30:48

Yes I know Charles is next in line.

Bridgeit Mon 01-Mar-21 15:32:37

Let’s hope we never become a Republic .

Anniebach Mon 01-Mar-21 15:38:56

Hope not

Grany Mon 01-Mar-21 15:50:38

Let's hope we don't have Charles Aways lobbying the government for his own private interests. Meant to be above politics but now we know they interfered over 1000 times in laws.

The man who shouldn't be king. From Republic.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=TGamLrHlikc&t=398s

trisher Mon 01-Mar-21 15:50:49

eazybee

But if someone you were associated with did such things eazybee would you not feel that you should keep your distance from them? Or is it OK that HM keeps a kdnapper and possible murderer as a close contact?

Alegrias1 Mon 01-Mar-21 15:57:20

I know that you know this Grany and I can guess your opinion of it smile but as we all know it will be Charles. Even if he had no talents for the job, if he was the worst person any of us could imagine having the job, he'd still get it. I don't understand why people would ask "who is left to reign" after the Queen.

Its Charles!

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion