Gransnet forums

Chat

Royalty the queen and her family.

(1001 Posts)
Grany Mon 08-Feb-21 16:16:48

Some news about our H o S
RF family want their 1969 documentary to be taken off air. The Queen was talking in it about a governor that looked like a gorilla, in one little clip, of docu seen on twitter.

Queen doesn't want her various shares and their values in companies made public too embarrassing. And lobbied in the 70s to be made exempt from new law. She has millions in off shore accounts.

P Charles land owner lobbied to be exempt from new leaseholder legislation that would have allowed homeowners to buy the land their property sits on.

And when people from the Duchy die with no living relatives P Charles gets the money, with other landowners around the country money goes to the treasury

Then there is Andrew

The 20,000 Sandringham Estate gets millions in subsidies

Queen gets her Wendy house refurbished to her own specifications including a new thatched roof.

Meanwhile in other news a little boy stole a tin of soup because he was so hungry, never mind.

www.republic.org.uk

Anniebach Thu 04-Mar-21 14:56:01

Sometimes impossible to get an ambulance in London ,

Rosie51 Thu 04-Mar-21 14:59:53

All treating one old man so quickly proves is that the NHS is not the service it is supposed to be. It provides one level of service for some and a different level for others.

trisher I don't understand what you're saying here. Are you saying anybody else with the same emergency need would have been left for hours? Do you really distrust the ethics of our NHS medical staff so much that they'd ignore someone in greater need to prioritise PP? Shame on you. They're working their socks off only to be rubbished because you hate the RF.

trisher Thu 04-Mar-21 15:12:30

Rosie51 It is not the NHS staff who provide funding for the ambulance service, it is not NHS staff who have cut provision in A&E to the bone and ignored rising waiting times so targets have not been met since 2015. It is not the NHS staff who have cut hospital beds so that admitting someone from A&E is sometimes impossible until another patient is discharged. In short the service is not funded, run or organised by the staff but by an incompetent and uncaring Tory government. I have no doubt that hospital staff would have been required to attend to PP asap after all no one wants a member of the RF dying in their hospital do they?
But one old person in an ambulance waiting to be admitted? It happens. It isn't the staff's fault, but denying it happens does them a real disserviceand prevents them from being properly supported and funded.
And I have sat in an A&E dept for over 10 hours waiting with my 94 year old mum. They do amazing work but pretending they can cope isn't helpful. They manage but it isn't the same as providing the best possible service.

NellG Thu 04-Mar-21 15:14:48

Just so people can understand how the NHS is funded :

www.kingsfund.org.uk/projects/nhs-in-a-nutshell/how-nhs-funded

maddyone Thu 04-Mar-21 15:17:01

I’m afraid you’re wrong trisher. NHS patients who are an emergency get emergency treatment. I was hospitalised with Covid over the new year. I was put into the Virtual Ward. Immediately my oxygen saturation fell to 83 my husband was told an ambulance would take me to hospital. The ambulance came within about 15 minutes, I was treated immediately with oxygen, and although I waited in the ambulance for about three hours before I was admitted, I was treated in the ambulance and monitored, being visited by a doctor and nurses as well as paramedics in the ambulance. When I was taken into the hospital my treatment was second to none. My point is that if emergency treatment is required, even when the Health Service is under huge pressure, your treatment will be immediate. It doesn’t matter if the patient is Mrs Maddyone or Prince Philip.

maddyone Thu 04-Mar-21 15:22:18

Incidentally I couldn’t give a toss about targets being met, I care about patients receiving the care they need. Targets in A+E can be met by seeing many patients with very minor injuries, but it’s more important to see the one patient whose life can be saved. Never mind if the target isn’t met. Minor injuries can wait.

trisher Thu 04-Mar-21 15:25:21

maddyone

I’m afraid you’re wrong trisher. NHS patients who are an emergency get emergency treatment. I was hospitalised with Covid over the new year. I was put into the Virtual Ward. Immediately my oxygen saturation fell to 83 my husband was told an ambulance would take me to hospital. The ambulance came within about 15 minutes, I was treated immediately with oxygen, and although I waited in the ambulance for about three hours before I was admitted, I was treated in the ambulance and monitored, being visited by a doctor and nurses as well as paramedics in the ambulance. When I was taken into the hospital my treatment was second to none. My point is that if emergency treatment is required, even when the Health Service is under huge pressure, your treatment will be immediate. It doesn’t matter if the patient is Mrs Maddyone or Prince Philip.

It depends where you live maddyone read the article about ambulances in London. This idea that there is some sort of level service across the NHS is very wrong. Yes you may get good treatment but if you live in certain areas you won't.

trisher Thu 04-Mar-21 15:30:44

In contrast to your treatment On another occasion, paramedics were called to attend to a young man with Covid-19 whose oxygen levels were "so low". He was given oxygen when they arrived - but that was eight hours after the ambulance was called.
Incidents such as these are "dangerous" and the service is "on its knees", the paramedic added.

Oldwoman70 Thu 04-Mar-21 15:31:40

trisher would you have been happier if the news today was that Prince Philip had not received the treatment he urgently needed and as a result had died?

NellG Thu 04-Mar-21 15:32:00

But that has nothing to do with preferential treatment, PP or private healthcare trisher and everything to do with NHS trusts and lousy management.

Pantglas2 Thu 04-Mar-21 15:36:31

“It depends where you live maddyone read the article about ambulances in London. This idea that there is some sort of level service across the NHS is very wrong. Yes you may get good treatment but if you live in certain areas you won't.“

So true Trisher and here in Wales (and north in particular under special measure since 2015) the Labour administration has an abominable record with running the NHS since devolution, will you damn them along with English tories?

Rosie51 Thu 04-Mar-21 15:36:56

trisher do you really hate PP so much you want him dead? Because that's how it's coming across. Still you keep saying the professional medical teams tossed someone with more pressing need aside to minister to PP. That's an incredible slur on dedicated professionals. We all know the NHS is underfunded but that is beside the point you keep making about PP being treated "out of turn". What's that phrase so beloved by some..... haters got to hate.

Summerlove Thu 04-Mar-21 16:01:23

Rosie51

trisher do you really hate PP so much you want him dead? Because that's how it's coming across. Still you keep saying the professional medical teams tossed someone with more pressing need aside to minister to PP. That's an incredible slur on dedicated professionals. We all know the NHS is underfunded but that is beside the point you keep making about PP being treated "out of turn". What's that phrase so beloved by some..... haters got to hate.

If you think the powers that be will allow PP to die while waiting his turn, you must be very naive or very trusting.

Assuming 3 people have identical emergent ailments, the higher ups will always choose to worse on a public personality first.

Nothing to do with on the ground staff

Rosie51 Thu 04-Mar-21 16:38:37

Summerlove

Rosie51

If you think the powers that be will allow PP to die while waiting his turn, you must be very naive or very trusting.

Assuming 3 people have identical emergent ailments, the higher ups will always choose to worse on a public personality first.

Nothing to do with on the ground staff

Not naive nor especially trusting.
I do know, and have within my family, medical staff of various positions. I don't believe any of them would leave a patient to die so they could attend to a less ill PP. If PP was prioritised by them it would be because his need was greater.
I find it unlikely that there were 3 people all in need of the identical operation for identical illness severity at the same time. For non emergency treatment PP would be having his normal private treatment. Why are you so determined that he couldn't possibly have been the one most in need? Medical staff will treat an aggressor before his victim if his need is greater, they do not make moral judgements. If staff were ordered to treat PP thereby endangering other patients then I'm sure there's a whistle blower somewhere who will expose it. Until then it's just hateful conjecture.

Callistemon Thu 04-Mar-21 16:53:40

All treating one old man so quickly proves is that the NHS is not the service it is supposed to be.
Two old women I know were taken in and had stents fitted very rapidly. The DH of one has also just received superb treatment from the NHS for heart problems too.

It’s probably hiding somewhere with my marbles and my will to live..........
I've just been sorting through the games and the marbles and still didn't come across it.

Well, I definitely can't find it on this thread grin

Casdon Thu 04-Mar-21 17:15:24

We all have very subjective views of the NHS which are based on personal experience or political leaning rather than on the ethics that drive clinicians in their treatment of patients. They will save a life if they can, and they will treat the person whose risk of death is greatest first.

A heart surgeon is not at the front door of an A&E department, but is geared to go into the operating theatre to treat the patient who needs a heart operation most urgently, and he balances emergencies with urgent elective cases - that’s what they train for 15 years or so to decide.. To suggest that other patients are waiting on ambulances with a heart condition that requires a more immediate operation without assessment whilst somebody else jumps the queue is just not true - in fact it’s offensive to suggest that’s the case.

trisher Thu 04-Mar-21 17:29:36

To suggest that other patients are waiting on ambulances with a heart condition that requires a more immediate operation without assessment whilst somebody else jumps the queue is just not true - in fact it’s offensive to suggest that’s the case.

So how would the heart surgeon know? If someone is in an ambulance they are being treated by paramedic staff who will be doing assessment and maintaining life support but that patient will have to go through triage when they enter the hospital, and be assessed, then the heart surgeon may be contacted and asked to do the procedure.
PP of course would have had all the assessments in his nice private room in his nice private hospital and would have been taken by private ambulance accompanied by a private nurse to an NHS hospital. I don't suppose he would be waiting outside.
Incidentally it's not a question of wishing anyone dead just that the very best service should be provided for everyone. And before anyone starts I know the staff are doing their best. It's a pity they aren't better supported.

Anniebach Thu 04-Mar-21 17:31:08

Was he in a private ambulance?

eazybee Thu 04-Mar-21 17:42:37

And how would you know, trisher?
Prince Philip may well have been waiting in his nice private room for a place in the queue rather than going home and having to change all the bedlinen again; explains his prolonged stay in the private hospital.

Callistemon Thu 04-Mar-21 17:46:25

Prince Philip may well have been waiting in his nice private room for a place in the queue rather than going home and having to change all the bedlinen again; explains his prolonged stay in the private hospital.
I wondered if that was the case, or the fact they had to get rid of an infection first before the procedure could be carried out.

Besides not making too much washing.

Casdon Thu 04-Mar-21 17:52:53

Patients are triaged on arrival at A&E easybee. Anybody who displays an abnormal ECG will be notified in advance to the A&E Department by the ambulance crew when they are on their way, and if necessary the patient will go straight to the resuscitation room on arrival. The on call Cardiology team will attend A&E to see the patient immediately if their condition warrants it. If a patient who is already in the hospital is in a more life threatening condition than somebody who is in A&E, then they will be treated first, it’s all about saving lives.

Summerlove Thu 04-Mar-21 17:53:54

Why are you so determined that he couldn't possibly have been the one most in need?

I’m not actually.

From everything I’ve read about him, he’d be the one saying take care of the others.

My point was simply that he would receive preferential treatment based on who he was.

Whether it’s faster service, or a larger room.

No ones fault, just how it is.

NellG Thu 04-Mar-21 18:02:56

I have no idea what this discussion is even about anymore - it seems to have descended into what people's private grievances and fantasies are regarding how NHS hospitals provide health care, using an old man's status and health to illustrate spurious points. None of us can know above and beyond the normal protocols of how emergency care is provided.

Casdon Thu 04-Mar-21 18:10:11

It’s descended into an alternative reality I fear NellG.

Lucca Thu 04-Mar-21 18:12:42

I just want to say that I don’t honestly think Trisher “hates” Philip. Her point is about inequality.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion