(1001 Posts)
soop Wed 17-Feb-21 12:34:39

Here we are again...
Happy as can be in the circumstances
All good pals and jolly good company.

WELCOME dear kitcheners, old and new. smile

kittylester Sun 07-Mar-21 17:41:03

Boom boom!!!

We haven't heard from panache for a while. Sending her love!

Yiayia4 Sun 07-Mar-21 17:44:47

Wonderful food from you all.
Steak for us tonight, being good and having salad with it?
Have a good evening all.

Jaxjacky Sun 07-Mar-21 17:46:44

Thanks for the warning kitty forewarned, it’s taken me ages to get a close match with the two seater that will be staying.
A very lazy day, I’ve ordered three monthly cheese deliveries for my friends 70th in a couple of weeks, someone on the Good Morning thread gave me the idea...thank you.
I start voluntary work tomorrow, phone coordinating people who need lifts and those who will provide them, a Good Neighbours scheme. I must get my onions in too Nannytopsy garlic went in mid December and is sprouting nicely. I remembered this afternoon a friend gave me an M&S voucher for my birthday so bought a new top, it’s part linen, but as MrJ does the ironing it’s fine, I did confer!

Grandmabatty Sun 07-Mar-21 17:48:06

A cheese delivery! JaxJacky that's my idea of heaven. You lot would be welcome any time.

soop Sun 07-Mar-21 17:48:46

Yawn! I am frazzled beyond measure. I have trawled through just about every furniture site in Scotland. Mr Soop and I have different opinions. It's a husband/wife "thing". All very amicable, but so far...nothing to report. No sign of Fern for two days. All very worrying.

Virtual hugs for you all. I shall return tomorrow. I need a stiff G&T right this minute. Cheers/Slainte! smile moon

Jaxjacky Sun 07-Mar-21 17:49:25

Picture of top, didn’t load before ?

Urmstongran Sun 07-Mar-21 17:57:28

‘Evening All’
?

Well another nice Sunday afternoon spent with my stepfather. Then I washed up whilst Himself drove him home.

Rangers have won the Scottish league this afternoon! Himself (as a lucky mascot when in Malaga at the start of the season) was delighted. His Glasga friend who lives out there & introduced Himself to his pals in a local bar & Rangers has been WhatsApp’ing him this afternoon.

Now it’s tge Manchester derby. I can’t bear the football so I’m in here, reading the Sunday papers & on here.

Actually I spend too much time in GN so from tomorrow I’m limiting myself to one hour each morning (the GM thread plus others) and one hour in an evening (this thread plus others). It’s gotten ridiculous in lockdown. I’m hardly reading any novels, spring is coming and I need to address my addiction! Not quite cold turkey ...

I’ve got Bloodlands to tune into later this evening.

Wishing us all a peaceful night ahead. x

‘Goodnight All’.

brook2704 Sun 07-Mar-21 19:37:36

Looks like a lovely top jaxjacky, easy to wear, looks stylish and will go with lots of things - good choice
I’m impressed with your cooking and baking today grandmabatty very well done
I’m settled on the sofa now for the rest of the evening ... I know what you mean about too much time online Urmston I think I’m addicted to my my iPad too ... With me it’s not so much GN, but I like just browsing online, usually holidays, travel, property etc all the things we can’t do just now...

annodomini Sun 07-Mar-21 21:01:24

What a marathon! It's taken me ages to catch up with the last 24 hours. I like your top very much, Jax - the style would suit me I think. I will look for it when I next drop into M&S, or might I find it on line?
Grandmafrench, what a journey! I liked the account of the warring truckers at the péage - glad you had that little bit of entertainment!
soop, I do hope you will find a sofa and chair that suit your 'wee hoose'. The patterned ones you initially liked would go well in the open plan arrangements that people are going for at present, maybe not in a more confined space - like mine.

NanaandGrampy Sun 07-Mar-21 21:40:44

Evening all!

Ooooh I’d like a cheese delivery ! We’re having one of those days where we have no snacks!! How did that happen ?

Sam has had his dinner and now he won’t have any more until after his op tomorrow. He is miffed ! He always gets. Dog choc when we have coffee and no amount of puppy dog eyes has got him that tonight!

I loved your original choice Soop but I am not so bold although I’d love to be. My Nan always said buy the most expensive sofa, bed and shoes you can afford because if you’re not in one you’re in another.

I’ll catch up with you all once we have the lad back home tomorrow..

muse Sun 07-Mar-21 23:47:19

Very steady day today. Back to walking Mya through our wood. Much drier with just the odd muddy hole!

Costed all the wood etc for the replacement raised beds. Ouch! Order going in tomorrow.

Haven't heard anything about the census access code so I've just gone on line . Really easy. Asked for another code and it promptly arrives by text. Will fill it in later this week.

Last of the leeks today. Made a big dish of cheesy leeks. Went well with roast dinner. Chocolate beetroot cake and Cornish icecream for afters. Expecting another frost tomorrow morning.

Brook2708 I'm a super huge salted caramel fan.

Charleygirl5 Mon 08-Mar-21 12:40:21

N&G I do hope that starving dog will be home soon and not in much pain. Hopefully this will be the last of his operations and you can quietly forget about that area of his anatomy.

soop I do hope that Fern returns soon- she does know that there is always tasty food put out for her. She is a very fortunate young lady.

I also hope that Duncan and Mia are recovering from their dental surgery and their parents have recovered from the financial trauma.

Grandmabatty Mon 08-Mar-21 13:08:56

A quick wave to you all while dgs is napping. Of course that's me cursed and he'll wake. We have had a morning splashing in the kitchen sink, sorting shapes and looking at flash cards. Very educational. This afternoon we will go out puddle splashing and walk to the swings. Have a good day all

Jaxjacky Mon 08-Mar-21 13:50:29

Phew, an escape from all things ‘royal’ into the cosy kitchen, I’m not a baker, so won’t fib about making it, but I’ve bought coffee and walnut cake from the local, very good bakery. I don’t usually have a sweet tooth, but this tempts me and I’ve just put my onions in at the allotment so I deserve a sliver.
Quite a dynamic morning, washing done and hung up, hob and hood, both stainless steel, cleaned, a quick bath, bung the hoover round, I’m done.
Hope Sam is home soon N&G.
TTFN

BladeAnnie Mon 08-Mar-21 13:55:27

Good afternoon lovely people in the kitchen. I hope everyone is well on this dull and rainy day here in mid Notts. I had a lovely day on nanna duty yesterday - Mr BA took Ruby for a walk around the mill pond to give me a little respite. Little Miss Independent loves to walk on her reins shouting "hiya" to everybody and everything!! Duncan is absolutely fine following his day at the vets - we are completely forgiven!! We have just had the sainsbury's delivery so a visit to my mum later to take her shopping is on the cards. My diet has started in earnest today - just in case we can pop off to Gretna in a couple of months .....Virtual hugs all around and stay safe smile

soop Mon 08-Mar-21 14:19:36

Ta dah! I enter our kitchen with a spring in my step and wearing a big grin.

Awoke early this morning to discover Mr Soop virtually shopping in the sofa department of M&S. For well over two hours we went through the site with a fine toothed comb. However, the choice has been made. Plus I have a matching armchair. It is what I would describe as being a stylish (not way-out), well designed, pleasantly covered, non-sale suite. I shall bore you with a photo when it's in situ. It's conservative. Not whacky. Easy on the eye and, I am truly thankful that we are both happy with our final compromise. I never want to go through the buggeration of trawling the internet again. That's a fact. Won't be here yet. We now need to wait for a delivery date. Sigh! Thank you for allowing me to bore the pants off you. No more will said on the subject until it arrives.

Fern arrived mid-evening with a pretty younger cat in tow. The younger cat looked like her but, instead of a white bib, it wore white socks. Fern ate her supper. The second cat waited until she was back in the garden and then they went off into the woodland together. She later returned and slept in the apartment. She left again after breakfast. All very mysterious.

Duncan and Mia, you deserve lots of pampering. Make the most of being spoiled rotten.

N&G Dear Sam will soon be back where he belongs. He's in my thoughts. You two too.

Jax your top is super. I love that particular style.
My favourite cheese is Saint Augur.

Urmstongran We enjoyed 'Bloodlands'. I cannot claim to understand every detail of the plot, but it is well acted and keeps us both guessing.

Today's photo of Ted on his way to play ball.

soop Mon 08-Mar-21 14:26:55

BladeAnnie Oooh! Sounds exciting. What type of diet are you starting?

GrandmaBatty Take a bow. You are a star.

muse How lovely to hear that Mya enjoyed a wander through the woodland. Plenty of snuffling through the undergrowth. Fresh air. Doggie seventh heaven.

soop Mon 08-Mar-21 14:38:53

Grandmafrench Having read your experiences en-route to the vaccine, I raise my hat to you. We have a longish trip to take to a Glasgow hospital for a mammogram on Wednesday. The weather forecast is dire for mid-week. If we should feel in any way doubtful, we may phone for a different appointment date.

soop Mon 08-Mar-21 14:41:24

Since I've wasted countless hours searching for you-know-what, I intend settling down this afternoon to a marathon ironing session. I'm a devil for punishment. hmm

Yiayia4 Mon 08-Mar-21 15:36:39

Just had a lovely walk in the park it feels like spring today.

Pleased you found your furniture Soop you must feel more settled now, great photo of Ted.All our grandsons are back at school today Oscar a bit nervous but I think it will be good for him.
Hope all went well with Sam and he will be home very soon.
Take care everyone.

Nannytopsy Mon 08-Mar-21 16:55:05

It’s cold and now raining here, so the garden is out there and I am in here. Tomorrow should be better! My neighbour has 4 new hens rescued from a commercial farm. They are producing faster than she can eat them, so we benefitted from six newly laid eggs this morning ?. I shall reciprocate with baking!
Glad the cats and dogs are doing well. What a mystery Soop!
I hope everyone has a good evening.

brook2704 Mon 08-Mar-21 16:57:23

So pleased you’ve decided on your sofa soop you can just relax now and wait for it to arrive, I’m sure it will be just perfect. Beautiful photo of Ted, what a smile!
It turned out to be a lovely afternoon here in Inverness with quite a bit of sunshine that actually felt warm. I was out in the garden and had all my layers on of course but it was lovely just to feel warmth in the air - roll on spring!
Love the picture of the deer yia which park is that?
Fingers and toes crossed for Gretna BA ...
For those of you looking after little ones - have fun and enjoy every single minute with them, even though I know how tiring it can be! Hope all the children back at school today have enjoyed seeing their friends and are settling back in well ?

soop Mon 08-Mar-21 17:26:13

Yiayia Your photograph is stunning.
As you say, pupils returning to school in England, will be delighted. Very small children are bound to take a little longer to settle. Oscar will soon regain his confidence. By this time next week, he'll be skipping through the school gates and making a lot of noise. That's as it should be. smile

Nannytopsy Lucky lady! Newly laid eggs are rich and flavoursome. Are the yolks golden?

Brook It is a grey day in Kintyre. The islands are shrouded in mist.
I agree with your message to those grans who are able to take care of grandchildren. Some of the best times we enjoyed, were those we spent with Torben when he was a wee boy. We often relive those memories. They are priceless.

My "drop-bot" is being extremely tiresome. I still haven't had a follow up telephone call from the surgeon. I was assured that I would have an appointment to discuss the outcome of the latest surgery in early January. Covid has certainly messed up our hospital appointments. hmm

I shall log off and wish you all a pleasant evening. Sam is in my special thoughts. As are N&G

We are always thinking of dear Mr and Mrs Panache.

smile moon

Yiayia4 Mon 08-Mar-21 17:39:02

Brook it’s Bushy Park at Hampton Court one of the Royal parks.
Fingers crossed for Gretna BladeAnnie

Grandmafrench Mon 08-Mar-21 17:43:41

Hello lovely peeps!

Hope you're safely back with Mummy and Daddy by now, Sam, and you'll be 100% again very soon.

Beautiful photo of Ted, soop. Well, you say it's Ted. I feel it looks very much like an (only slightly) younger version of your good self. He is so like you, it's uncanny. It's normally strangers who see likenesses that you don't!

That Fern, what a little Madam. I can put forward some theories:

1. Her absences have certainly been caused by a big distraction.
2. Is that distraction a family member - maybe Daughter of Fern who has paid you a visit?
3. Or is Fern actually a chap and the younger and prettier cat is a lady friend?!
4. Or is the second little puss a cat hotel inspector....and there to give you a Michelin star for your kindness and the quality food?

I expect you don't care, just as long as she keeps turning up. You're going to have a house full at this rate.

Good idea to postpone long journeys in bad weather especially if it's only for Boob Squishing! We've just been out on a glorious afternoon. My dry laundry left on the line has been subjected to a raging deluge whilst we were out. I did capture a wonderful rainbow on our way home, but hardly expected to find it had pointed directly at our house. No pot of gold and laundry sodden. Now to be taken in, spun, and tumble dried. Nothing in the weather forecast about rain today or at all for this week ?. Thank the Lord the pool tiling hadn't started.

Good luck with a new Gretna diet, Blade - of course you have just the lovely goal needed to achieve success. I'm thinking of a carb reduction and some more exercise whilst I still have summer clothes that fit; and as soon as I have eaten the last two squares of Lindor milk chocolate, I shall definitely look out some calorie reduced meals!

What a fabulous scene, Yiayia. Anno you should have been there - the warring truckers had to be heard to be believed!

Know what you mean about Gransnet, Urms. Problem is that if I take my eye off the GM thread or Kitchen doings for a day, I'm almost lost. Spending time with virtual chums is not only addictive, it's not something that you can easily step in and out of - otherwise you lose the plot very quickly. If this is what it's like now....wonder what following busy lives will be like once everyone has their freedom again?! Might have to iron my shorts and dig out my Nike trainers in advance of the pace quickening.......

Have a restful evening whatever you've been doing. And, whatever you've been doing, hope you enjoyed it - especially if it involved tiny people who bring so much joy and happiness.

Take care, keep safe. Hugs - especially to Panache, Cherry, Doodle Dragonfly and young Izabella x

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion