Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(82 Posts)
12Michael Sat 20-Feb-21 06:15:38

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , but its dry outside here in Brackley this morning.
Today , as I did not shop yesterday , will see how it goes, also tempted to have a Chinese take away later , again subject to wellbeing .
Otherwise , a mild day by the looks of things , no signs of spring yet around here.
Take Care,
Mick

Kim19 Sat 20-Feb-21 08:09:39

Hello from here up north. My garden is showing gentle signs of spring but there are gusts around which threaten to haul the plants from the ground. Amazingly fierce! Can't believe how quickly the weekends keep coming round. I'm fast acquiring some expertise at do pretty much nothing it seems! Hope everyone has at least one bright spot in their day.

maydonoz Sat 20-Feb-21 08:23:10

Good morning all from a bright and sunny Welwyn, Herts.
Am feeling a bit better today after yesterday's "duvet day" as I got a bad cold following getting drenched the day before while waiting for the bus, it was a right downpour.
Today will venture out to get some fresh air and hope it stays dry.
Wishing all a good Saturday or as good a day as possible depending on individual circumstances.

baubles Sat 20-Feb-21 08:24:00

Good morning Mick, morning all from a positively balmy South Lanarkshire, the temperature is 10* according to Alexa.

Got drenched again yesterday on my dog walk and with more rain forecast it will be another day in wellies and waterproofs. Oh the glamour!

My condolences Auntiflo.

I hope Iris is able to go home today gM, your quilt is just lovely, you’re so talented.

Take it easy Marydoll, sorry you’re unwell. Ashcombe hope your migraine passes.

sheepandcattle, thanks for the explanation, I asked yesterday and now it makes perfect sense.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day.

Grandmafrench Sat 20-Feb-21 08:25:30

Good Morning everyone where here in the gloriously sunny claims of Southern France......it’s grey and gloomy! How very dare it! I should write and complain to someone - anyone!

Very smart quilt, Mattie, what a clever person you are. You’ll be changing your name to QuiltyMattie soon! Hope Iris feels better today. Are you going to remain in the cosy, warm ???????????? zone today, Mary? Do hope so. Maybe better sometimes to feel frustrated, sad or cross at doing nothing rather than really poorly. ?

Go for it, NannyJan, why should you need to wait if you can organise it yourself? When I have any injections, Scentia, it’s always in my non-dominant arm. I’m left-handed, so always in the right. In your case, I’m not sure I’d want to have pain in both arms, so I’d opt for the problem side and try to have at least one limb in working order. However, you could perhaps win some time off work the other way and get to spend it with your little guinea pigs ?? Nasty sparkles, Ashcombe - hope they disappear very soon.

Another cup of tea and I shall start my day. Hope yours brings you a smile, some happy thoughts, a small ray of light.
To all with pain and sorrow, I think we all share warm wishes for better times. We mustn’t forget hope.

Hugs from me to all of you ??‍♀️?? and keep safe.

Beauregard Sat 20-Feb-21 08:25:39

Good morning all from Derbyshire where the rain has stopped for the time being.

We went a long walk yesterday morning and picked up jacket potatoes from a pop up stall in the way home. My bubble brother treated us to a Chinese takeaway last night to mark the occasion of him officially becoming a pensioner. I enjoyed it but felt bad that I had broken my diet and healthy eating regime.

I'm not planning to leave the house today, just snuggle under a blanket and watch the racing. But then you never know... DH is back up to speed with his walking and might want to go for a walk again, especially after last night's stodge.

DS is going to video call us so we can see our youngest grandson. I've got a feeling he has started to walk a few steps and he wants to show us.

Love the quilt grandMattie hope Iris can go home soon. She will soon bounce back.
Take care Marydoll we'll look forward to more novellas when you're feeling better flowers
Auntieflo flowers

Have a good Saturday all.

Grandmafrench Sat 20-Feb-21 08:35:12

Climes, not ‘claims’ you stupid know-it-all piece of technology! ?

Sarah48 Sat 20-Feb-21 08:42:01

Good morning from a wet and windy West Midlands. Don’t usually post on this thread, but often read it. Just want to say to Mick - in a friendly way! - that a Chinese takeaway might not be your best choice, delicious as they are! This is going on the advice given to me last year when DH had a heart attack - low salt, low sugar foods were advised. Anyway, look after yourself, Mick, I know it is a really scary thing.

Grandmabatty Sat 20-Feb-21 08:42:08

Good morning all from Polmont. It's quiet, weather wise. Grey skies and the wind has abated. I had a very disturbed night and woke every hour or so. Today will be housework day then I'm going to dd's this afternoon to see how they've decorated the house for dgs birthday on Monday. Grandmattie I'm sorry to hear that Iris isn't too great. Your quilt is stunning. I'm not a sewer, although I do cross stitch. Sheepandcattle I love to hear about your ladies. You make me laugh with your description.Ashcombe I hope the migraine doesn't come to much. Marydoll sorry to hear you are unwell. Take care all.

Elizabeth1 Sat 20-Feb-21 08:42:37

Good morning everyone from a wet dull and windy east coast of Fife. That’s not going to stop me from me from making progress. I’ll still keep practicing on the motomed and walking around the house without the walking sticks. I’m game this morning for anything. And I appear to be getting a lie in (where’s my carer?) I made crepes and scotch pancakes last week and having learned from my previous mistakes in making Yorkshire puddings I’ll try today again for Sunday’s roast dinner which me and my dh are going to make in harmony with each other. Hugs all around, have a good weekend all you lovely people flowers

grannysyb Sat 20-Feb-21 08:44:31

Good morning all from a grey Teddington. Sorry to hear that Iris isn't home yet, and that Marydoll is still feeling rough. Lovely quilt GM. Told DH about the chap who asked why cut up the fabric and then sew it back together, "well, yes" says he! Not much planned, like every else apart from sheepandcattle who always has something on! Have a good day everyone.

cornergran Sat 20-Feb-21 08:46:25

Morning Mick, morning All from a very wet and windy corner of Somerset.

With luck will see our bubble-son later. I don’t believe it until it happens. Playing catch-up again this morning, otherwise little to report.

My condolences to auntieflo, a sad time for you. Just rest marydoll, you must indeed feel proper poorly to stay in bed. Let your husband look after you today. Hope iris feels more herself very soon grandmattie, nausea is foul.

Take care everyone, thinking of you all, especially those with health and other mountains to climb.

Stilllearning Sat 20-Feb-21 08:46:30

Morning from S Lanarkshire, looks like a similar weather day as yesterday, which means no walk.
I had a really lovely surprise last evening. Knock at the door about eight o’clock and there, standing well back were my sixteen and seventeen year old oldest granddaughters. Other than a chilly walk on Christmas Day, I haven’t seen them for about six months so it was a great moment. My SiL had driven them down from the farm to give my some of their baking (newly acquired skill).
Hope you feel better for your day of rest Marydoll and good wishes to everyone else

Jaxjacky Sat 20-Feb-21 08:56:18

Good morning all from a mild, grey S Hants, the weather to the West looks appalling. I think I slept too much, if that’s not daft, taking a long time to get myself fully functioning! I hope Iris bounces back, as she did last time, your quilt is amazing GM I’m in the ‘can’t sew a thing’ club. I too have memories of embarrassing school episodes, unpicking machine stitching numerous times. Marydoll an under the weather day of rest, frustrating for you, hopefully tomorrow will be better.
A doing not a lot day again, DH is off to get my paper, football on the TV, a walk later to post a Birthday card. Wishing you all a calm and gentle day.

harrigran Sat 20-Feb-21 08:59:45

Good morning from the NE where it is grey and damp but 10 degrees.
Nothing much to do today, hope there is something worth watching on Netflix.
We watched Stan &Ollie last night, yhere were quite a lot of inaccuracies but still worth watching.
Condolences AuntieFlo, a very sad time for you.
Thinking of you Marydoll, a duvet day may do the job.

Alygran Sat 20-Feb-21 09:02:14

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It’s still grey and damp here.
I couldn’t find what I wanted at the garden centre yesterday so I’m going to try another one today.
Marydoll take it easy. I hope you feel better soon.
Auntieflo my condolences.
Ash hope the migraine eases today.
GM I love the quilt. You are very talented. I have a lovely one that my friend’s daughter gave me that her mum had made. We found it when we were sorting the house after she died. It had been carefully stored away for a long time which is such a shame. I have it on a bed in a north facing spare room. It is a special reminder of a lovely friend.
Hope everyone has a good day. Stay safe.

BlueSapphire Sat 20-Feb-21 09:05:00

Good morning everyone from a grey and windy Northampton. Another day of not doing a lot.

After rushing to get ready yesterday morning DS and DGD did not appear; they must have looked at the weather and decided against venturing out. Perhaps another day soon.

Got busy and made a tea bread yesterday. Turned out ok, so I had a couple of slices, then cut the rest up and put it in the freezer.

Have put a picture on of my cardigan that I finished last week. It is nice and warm and a good extra layer indoors. I have now got to the bit on my jumper where I have to divide for the V neck, so must take care with the instructions.

Will be watching rugby on TV this afternoon; we are away to Exeter, so fingers crossed and lucky socks on!

Steak for dinner tonight with a glass of red.

What a lovely quilt grandMattie; I have never been much good at anything like that.

Rest up and take it easy Marydoll, and let people wait on you. Hope you feel better soon.

Take care and stay safe everyone.

Gingster Sat 20-Feb-21 09:14:19

Good morning all from a bright skyed Essex. Must make the most of the sunshine while we have it . ?.

My lovely SIL died yesterday afternoon in hospital. Not Covid! She went downhill very quickly. I will miss her as she was like a big sister to me. I know she had arranged a woodland funeral, so I hope we will be able to go. ?

Sorry to hear of your DB’s passing, Auntiflo And I hope little Iris is well enough to come home today. ?. Marydoll sorry to hear you aren’t well enough for a novella this morning. Take it easy today ?.

scentia it seems the Pfizer jab causes a painful arm. I had the AZ and my arm was fine.

Have a lovely day, those who are seeing GC’s. It will certainly lift your spirits. ?

Hope you all find something pleasant to do. ?

amselerin Sat 20-Feb-21 09:17:28

Good morning everyone from a mild Lueneburg.
First of all I hope that Iris, Marydoll, Mick, and Auntiflo will be feeling better soon. And of course, I am wishing this to everyone not feeling so good at the moment.
Yesterday I applied for my new passport, but will I be able to travel to Britain? These are difficult times.
This afternoon I am driving to Amelinghausen, a beautiful village in the Lueneburg Heath. I am going walking there with my friend and (hopefully) my dog. The snow is gone, so I am keeping my fingers crossed. I am allowed to go into one other household (no stipulation in what period or how many different households).We haven`t got constant "bubble" (I think that is what you call it) here. So, that is my highlight for this week. There aren`t to many highlights these days.

Take care and keep smilingx like the smile cattleandsheep puts on my face, when I read her message.

Grandmabatty Sat 20-Feb-21 09:19:14

Aw Gingster I'm sorry to hear that. ?

Taichinan Sat 20-Feb-21 09:25:28

Good morning Mick and all. It looks like a typical spring day on the Angus coast - a mixture of sun, cloud and plenty of wind.
I had serious M&S envy yesterday, Annsixty! My nearest M&S is well beyond our permitted area of travel (60 mile round trip) and I have unabated withdrawal symptoms! A visit there was my first port of call at the end of the first lockdown, so roll on the end of this one.
My visit to the dentist was as uneventful as I hoped yesterday and I loved my visit to the fishmonger, butcher's and greengrocer - how joys have changed! Anyway, lovely piece of breaded haddock for tea yesterday, then lamb chop tonight and a roast rolled brisket for tomorrow. There was hardly anyone around in town so it didn't feel a hazardous trip at all and I may do it again, now that I'm all jabbed up. But nothing planned for today , which I am sure I will achieve!
So sorry Iris is not so well but I'm sure this will soon pass and she'll be home again in no time. Your patchwork is lovely again Grandmattie.
Sorry to hear you're feeling so poorly Marydoll.
Ash I hope your migraine doesn't last too long.
? to you Auntieflo. I'm so sorry for the loss of your brother.
That was a very interesting account sheep -I'd often wondered why the different marks on the sheep and decided to myself it must be different rams. Didn't realise it was only one having all the fun!
Now off I go to do I know not what. Please have the best day you can everyone ???

Beauregard Sat 20-Feb-21 09:25:58

So sorry to hear about your dear SIL Gingster flowers

grandMattie Sat 20-Feb-21 09:35:44

Sorry to learn about your lovely SiL, ging. Thinking of you. X

Greyduster Sat 20-Feb-21 09:40:23

Good morning Michael and all GNs from a dreary damp South Yorkshire. We woke up late today but I had to wait until I finished my sneezing fit before I could post. This happens most mornings and leaves me rather flattened for a bit. We don’t have anything planned for today except to plant some double polyanthus that DH bought yesterday. They are colourful but not my favourite. It’s the one plant buying concession I make to him during the gardening year!!
Sheep your girls are taking their time! Hope things start happening for you soon!
GrandMattie that quilt is wonderful - a work of art!
Have a good day folks, and stay safe.

Gelisajams Sat 20-Feb-21 09:43:42

Good morning from a mild but wet Morecambe Bay. DH got dressed in his running gear but didn’t run. He doesn’t mind if it starts raining while he’s out, but he won’t set off in heavy rain.
Condolences today to Auntieflo and Gingster
Thinking too of Georgesgran little Iris Ashcome and Marydoll and all who are under the weather.?
Love the quilt gM. I’ve never managed to quilt successfully despite doing quite a bit of sewing. Why were needlework teachers such dragons? Like NannyJan my needlework teacher had the most awful teaching style. I didn’t suffer from her wrath as I learned to sew on my mother’s old treadle sewing machine and was making clothes from a young age, but I witnessed many an outburst.
I need to find something constructive to do today as it looks very wet out there but what that will be I haven’t a clue!
Take care, stay safe everyone ?

GrannyOwl5 Sat 20-Feb-21 09:45:52

Morning everyone from the north Kent coast where it is sunny and breezy.

A gardening day beckons; more of an excuse to be outside rather than doing many jobs as it’s still quite wet underfoot, but it will be good to be outside pottering about.

Intend getting DH to cut my hair. Was hoping to hang on until hairdressers are open, but it is driving me mad. DH can’t make it look any worse and as he says, his mother and sister were both hairdressers so it runs in the blood. We shall see!

What a lovely cardigan BlueSapphire; a great style and beautiful colour.

Condolences to Gingster. Hope you feel better soon Marydoll; just relax and embrace your duvet day. Hope that Iris gets home today.

Well, DH is clicking the hairdressing scissors keen to try out his talents. ?. Hope those with illnesses or worries have a better day.
Have a good Saturday. Stay safe