Gransnet forums

Chat

Megan and Harry again!

(1001 Posts)
Newatthis Sun 21-Feb-21 12:15:54

Can someone please enlighten me in letting me know what was wrong in Harry and meghan saying "service is universal"? Surely it is. We also like to help each other and provide a service to each other when we can, that's what I'd like to believe anyway. Isn't this what they meant? There's seems to be a lot of H & M bashing again over this, however, it's all gone quiet over Prince Andrew's alleged sexual relationship with an underage girl. Am I missing something?

Lucca Sun 21-Feb-21 21:55:31

lemsip

second rate actress because suits is not a 'top of the range' first class show.. Also she was unknown on the Hollywood circuit. she was once on a tv show as a hostess. Cutting her teeth in show business.

Dear oh dear. And on it goes.

Anniebach Sun 21-Feb-21 21:59:20

But it is true Lucca

Galaxy Sun 21-Feb-21 22:04:43

Pretty much every actor and actress in the UK is unknown on the Hollywood circuit. Are they all second rate. I think many actors and actresses on less well know shows are much more skilled than say Tom cruise for example.

NellG Sun 21-Feb-21 22:07:58

Anniebach If you add IMO ( In My Opinion) onto your posts you can't be accused of making your thoughts into facts - it might help people to carry on the discussion, rather than getting ratty and coming across as unpleasant. You are perfectly entitled to an opinion, even if people don't share it.

janeainsworth Sun 21-Feb-21 22:14:16

eazy I don't know who Reece Mogadishu is.

Ress-Mogg. It's hard to imagine him slaving away stuffing envelopes etc.

lemsip Sun 21-Feb-21 22:15:35

Meghan Markle wanted a ‘famous British man’ just before Prince Harry swept her off her feet.
Meghan asked her friend Lizzie Cundy if she knew any high profile suitors after divorcing her first husband Trevor Engelson that same year.

Yes she did!

trisher Sun 21-Feb-21 22:48:57

Amazing the details some know of someone's personal life!
I think the Americans will now lap up M&H, son of Diana who was adored by them and suffered under the RF, has married an American and is now being mistreated by the RF. They're made.
As for over here I posted on another thread they are the current "bad Royals" following in the footsteps of the Windsors, Fergie, Charles (for a bit), Camilla (for a bit). They threatened the popularity of William & Kate, couldn't be allowed could it? They had to go.

lemongrove Sun 21-Feb-21 22:56:11

Calendargirl

^What on earth is Meghan going to talk about for 90 minutes?^

Answer: MEGHAN.

? Yes, exactly.

Polarbear2 Sun 21-Feb-21 23:12:33

I’m just going to chuck this little pebble in the pond... you don’t think the RF are pushing M&H out because he’s not really Charles’ son? ?

maddyone Sun 21-Feb-21 23:17:53

I just wish they’d do what they said they wanted to do - live a private life. However, an appearance on Oprah Winfrey’s show which is apparently going to last for ninety minutes, and which will be broadcast to millions of people, hardly suggests that a private life is what they wanted. Therefore we can conclude that at best they mislead both the royal family and the public, at worst, they simply lied.

And yes, the statement put out by Harry and Meghan, only four minutes after the Buckingham Palace statement, was rude and disrespectful. Harry should have known better.

MissAdventure Sun 21-Feb-21 23:18:09

shock
That's torn it!

maddyone Sun 21-Feb-21 23:26:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Grandmafrench Sun 21-Feb-21 23:36:40

As Mick Royle might say, 'private life, my arse'.
Maddyone, I concur - both times ?

maddyone Mon 22-Feb-21 00:00:02

I made a mistake Grandmafrench and have asked headquarters to remove one of them grin

Buffybee Mon 22-Feb-21 01:24:38

I make no apologies for the fact that I cannot abide Meghan Markle.
If I never see that “pasted on” false smile ever again, it will be too soon.
False, false, false!
And dim Harry fell for it....

nanna8 Mon 22-Feb-21 01:42:35

I can’t see Boris or his snotty mates stuffing envelopes, they wouldn’t know how. Fast track if you go to the ‘right’ schools I think.

nanna8 Mon 22-Feb-21 01:52:53

Buggy bee ? it seems as though she is in an episode of ‘Suits’ kind of permanently. All acting and you wonder what is the real Meghan. Her own family might be an indication.

vegansrock Mon 22-Feb-21 05:42:01

I was right - the haters are having another bitchfest. They were given 12 months to see if they could stand on their own two feet financially, they proved they could do so many times over with offers rolling in. You might think the likes of Netflix and Spotify are tacky, but it’s the 21st century folks. Remember when the RF did a fly on the wall documentary - it was dreadful and the palace has banned it. Don’t watch Oprah if you don’t want to, they might talk about inequality or the hate filled British tabloids which will get you all seething . Still we’ll in the near future have a monarch that famously wished he was a tampon. Can’t wait.

Anniebach Mon 22-Feb-21 06:05:18

So wrong veganstock Charles did not say he wished he was a tampon, on this I am 100% right.

Lucca Mon 22-Feb-21 06:53:49

I believe there is a recording ?

Anniebach Mon 22-Feb-21 07:04:49

Yes there is a recording and he did not say it , he did say

‘God forbid a tampax’ and ‘my luck to be chucked down the lavatory’

hardly a wish to be one is it ?

nanna8 Mon 22-Feb-21 07:08:57

I like Charles, always have. He is more human than some of the other members of the family.

Anniebach Mon 22-Feb-21 07:13:11

So do I nanna8 , he had an affair, his wife had several yet only his affair is spoken of

Calendargirl Mon 22-Feb-21 07:21:50

Polarbear2

I’m just going to chuck this little pebble in the pond... you don’t think the RF are pushing M&H out because he’s not really Charles’ son? ?

Not that again!

vegansrock Mon 22-Feb-21 07:45:23

Hate to drag this up again - it sounds like that’s what he wished for ( to be Camilla's tampon) otherwise what did it mean? Not that it matters - maybe shows a bit of humanity and willingness to have a joke with a lover. Fine.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion