Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(81 Posts)
12Michael Thu 25-Feb-21 06:13:34

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , but its dry outside this morning in Brackley .
Today at some point I expect to get my chilled meat delivered from Parsley Box, having had a confirmation email .
I also ordered a paperback book yesterday , someone locally has written it as regards to his childhood in the town , the author has also written other hardback books as to the towns history , he now lives away from the area in Fleetwood, but visits the town .
He was a history professor at the University of Buckingham .
Take Care,
Mick

grandMattie Thu 25-Feb-21 12:10:23

Blossoming

Stilllearning

Just caught up with posts and have a painful vision of my ‘navel’ daughter being born through my bellybutton! Blasted predictive text and hurried typing!

When I was 3 years old I was convinced that was how babies got out ?

Until she actually had a child, that is how my grandmother thought babies were born!!! shock

Mapleleaf Thu 25-Feb-21 13:05:39

Nice to see you posting again, EV. Enjoy those crumpets! ?

Grandmafrench Thu 25-Feb-21 13:24:15

E L L A N Can't miss an opportunity to shout.......Yaaay! You're back. About time too, you clearly have no idea how missed you are. And it's not just crumpet envy (well, ok, it is in my case!)

So glad you're o.k. And, as mamaa has said, how lovely to dream about a coach trip to see you - a Gathering of Grans, maybe. It seems ages ago since I said something similar about a lovely afternoon "round at EV's" being such a nice idea.
Maybe one day.....who nose? (as a good friend often writes!?)

After recent events, trust that the family is fairly stable again - especially Ruby - and your D is hanging in there with it all!

Take care, dear lady. Big hugs x

Taichinan Thu 25-Feb-21 13:33:32

Good morning all from a very normal-looking Spring morning on the Angus coast.
15yo DGD is back in school today, having done her mandatory Covid test yesterday. She's in for some practical home economics and will be making spaghetti Bolognese and a dessert (can't remember what it is.). She has become the family's cake baker-in-chief during lockdown so I doubt there will be any problems. Anyway it is all a step in the right direction, isn't it.
I had a humorous encounter the other day. I was in the front sunroom when out of the corner of my eye I saw someone waving frantically to me from outside my front gate. This person had a mop of white curly hair tumbling out from under a baseball cap, eyes hidden by sunglasses and a huge grin which was toothless apart from one large white tooth right in the middle. I wasn't wearing my hearing aids so couldn't hear what was being said so thought I'd better go out and investigate. I couldn't imagine how this "bag lady" had made her way out here. Only when she took her sunglasses off did I recognise her - it was one of my tai chi gentlemen!! He has an enviable head of white curly hair at the best of times but now he was doing a great impersonation of Shirley Temple. As for the teeth - well, he'd lost a bridge (hence the single white peg in the middle). He's quite a 'character' and was quite unabashed! Thankfully there was nobody around to hear our shouted conversation - he is also hard of hearing but absolutely in denial about it. Nice to see him though!
Welcome back to Ellan, lady of the crumpets. You've been very much missed.
I've read all through the posts and have now forgotten who said what, but lovely to see the crocuses Ash. I have clumps of golden ones in the garden, but the purple ones have stopped putting in an appearance.
I hope sheep is getting some sleep between lambs.
Now off I toddle to do something with this day - my body clock has taken control and is hell bent on changing night into day. I woke up briefly at 8am but didn't properly wake until 11am. Such a waste!
Best wishes to all in this time of cautious hope. ??

Oldbutstilluseful Thu 25-Feb-21 13:46:00

So pleased to see EV back. I’ve missed the news from the Wirral ?