Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(91 Posts)
12Michael Sat 06-Mar-21 06:24:24

Good Morning Everyone,
Its daylight here in Brackley but its dry at the moment and no doubt cold outside this morning.
Today , quiet day , Cycling on TV later this morning , from Italy .
Maybe later will go and get a Chinese Take Away , as I have yet to have one since returning from hospital .
Take Care,
Mick

Taichinan Sat 06-Mar-21 12:28:33

Polomint it's really cold up here in Angus too. The pond is covered in a thin coat of ice again, in spite of the warm sun.

Ashcombe Sat 06-Mar-21 12:43:54

Is that a cherry tree in your photo Ashcombe. It will be another 6 weeks before ours thinks about flowering!

Yes, Gwenisgreat1, it is. I say that with confidence, thanks to EllanVannin who identified it as such.

Grandmajean Sat 06-Mar-21 12:48:56

Also new but have been reading this thread for a year or two.I am a Scot ( trained as a teacher in Glasgow - Jordanhill ) but , although I am still Scottish through and through , am very happy in this Cheshire village where we have lived for over 40 years.Have a DH , two DC and four DGC all living locally. I can picture some of the places mentioned by Marydoll. Had a laugh trying to find a username that hadn't been taken. Thought I'd be smart and change my name to Jane ( which I've always preferred ) That was taken. Then decided to go for the exotic name from one of my favourite childhood books ( Veronica at the Wells ) That was taken too ! Couldn't believe that plain old " Grandmajean" ( my own ) was available. Ah well ! That'll teach me. Hello everyone from me.

Marydoll Sat 06-Mar-21 13:25:14

Grandmajean, welcome from another Scottish gran.

I did some post grads at Jordanhill, unfortunately it is no more!

Grandmafrench Sat 06-Mar-21 14:21:45

Wow, Taichinan, isn't it high time you had some warmth to tempt you into the garden and down by the water? I don't like the sound of ICE...... don't they know it's March now?

Laura as far as I'm concerned you are very welcome to use the flamingo and make it your own. I can afford to be very Magnanny Mouse, on account of the fact that we have dozens and dozens of real ones wading around quite close to our garden!

Howzat for one-upmanship! You are blessed with Vaccines, we have Flamingoes......and Hairdressers. Sounds fair?

Jaxjacky Sat 06-Mar-21 14:34:55

Welcome Berylsgranny and Grandmajean to this cosy, friendly start to the day.

Stilllearning Sat 06-Mar-21 14:35:52

Grandmafrench I can still remember the joyous surprise of seeing the pink flamingos for the first time when we camped in your area in the seventies. One of those magical moments you never forget.

Grandmafrench Sat 06-Mar-21 14:54:26

They are fabulous - and magical memories, as you say. Since leaving England, some animals and birds still appear a bit surreal to me - a pair of huge Golden Eagles on rocks at the side of a mountain road, wolves, (safely in a park) a huge wild boar in the stream in our garden, and tiny ones frolicking in a country lane in the small hours, a meadow full of Alpacas. Wonderful snapshots of a life that just goes on - despite the awful times we are living through. Have yourself a good weekend. x

mrshat Sat 06-Mar-21 16:07:28

urms LaraN GrmaF - help yourselves! grin

Grandmabatty Sat 06-Mar-21 16:08:49

Grandmafrench I had to break the ice on the bird bath table to let them access the water! I've left warm towels out for them ? GrandmaJean welcome, if a bit late, from another Scottish gran.

mrshat Sat 06-Mar-21 16:38:11

kittylester in reply to your comment on GM's opening thread this morning - I did not realise it was an early kick off! Then I was told the bad news!! Strangely enough, it was his favourite team versus his 'second' team which is where we lived for 45 years!!! Now out in the sticks on the borders of Herts/Bucks. Thankfully, we don't have access to all the sports channels ................ grin

LauraNorder Sat 06-Mar-21 17:41:03

Good choice of birds thanks mrshat.
I do hope you’re female. ?

Jaxjacky Sat 06-Mar-21 18:05:34

LauraNorder that’s how my brain works too ??

polomint Sun 07-Mar-21 09:47:31

Good morning from central Scotland. A beautiful sunny day yesterday and a few neighbours were making the most of it by being out in their gardens. I wish I was fit enough. Sunnybthis morning but forecast is rain for most of the week.
Last night was a bit traumatic. Just as I was taking the dog out the gate for a walk at 10pm, I caught a young guy just throwing a firework and what a bang it made. My poor wee dog shot back into the house with his lead still on and got trapped under our reclining chair! Since my husband is disabled he was unable to help. I imagined the dog getting his leg broken or trapped and choking. My imagination got better of me and I panicked and got upset which made my husband feel useless. Eventually after saying to my wee dog that his favourite person was coming to see him, he came out. What a night. Fireworks carried on for a wee while, this being due to rangers winning a football game! Sorry to rant. Hope you all have a nice day

mrshat Sun 07-Mar-21 14:33:43

LauraN and Jaxjacky !!! I never noticed 'that' before shock smile; and yes, I am female grin