Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(90 Posts)
12Michael Sat 06-Mar-21 06:24:24

Good Morning Everyone,
Its daylight here in Brackley but its dry at the moment and no doubt cold outside this morning.
Today , quiet day , Cycling on TV later this morning , from Italy .
Maybe later will go and get a Chinese Take Away , as I have yet to have one since returning from hospital .
Take Care,
Mick

Ashcombe Sat 06-Mar-21 06:30:02

Good morning, Mick and company from a breezy Torbay. A Chinese takeaway sounds tasty - enjoy!

After an uninspiring start, the sun appeared at lunchtime so I had my favourite walk over the Downs where the air was so clear, I could see across to Sandy Bay, near Exmouth. Near my home, I captured this picture of a tree which has been in blossom for a few days.

It was heartening to read good news from Gagagran about Mr.G last night and I hope he recovers well. Special thoughts for the bereaved and all who are suffering in mind, body or spirit. ?

baubles Sat 06-Mar-21 06:30:23

Good morning Muck, morning all from South Lanarkshire. I’m not sure what the weather is doing but it sounds quiet enough.

Yesterday was a still, mildish day, perfect for a long dog walk. Nothing on the agenda for today other than more walking.

I’m awake early but there’s no sense in getting up just yet, the little pooch would be very confused.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day.

Beechnut Sat 06-Mar-21 06:31:29

Good morning everyone from Severnside where it is dry and l can’t believe how light it is.

I hope you slept well Gagagran and your DH had a comfortable night.

Not sure what I will get up to today but there are plenty of jobs that need doing.

Stay safe all ?

Pantglas2 Sat 06-Mar-21 06:31:53

Morning Mick from a cold but dry and dark north Wales where I’m awaiting the chamberpot ☕️ as DH has trotted off for a newspaper- his reward later will be Staffordshire oatcakes with crispy bacon ? drizzled with maple ? syrup .....?

Glad to read Mr Gagagran got his op eventually and hope recovery continues apace ?

We received our second ? invites for 25 March yesterday and I was cock a hoop? - things can only get better!

Stay safe everyone and best wishes for all going through tough stuff at the moment x

grandMattie Sat 06-Mar-21 06:34:36

Hello Mick, ok?
Good morning. Cold, dry and dull here in E Kent. Hope it’ll clear, but will still be cold, even for March.
Met a T’ai Chi friend for a socially distance coffee yesterday. Got very cold, so wandered around the little passages and alley of our mediaeval town, including “Holy Ghost Ally” whose name always delights children.
The gardener will be coming in three weeks to clear up, and will take me to a garden centre to choose new shrubs.
sheep&c, hope all is going well for your ladies in the maternity wing. Everyone else, please be gentle with yourselves. Stay safe. ☀️❤️??☀️

Bellasnana Sat 06-Mar-21 06:48:06

Good morning from Malta where it is a cloudy start but no rain is forecast and the high should reach 18°C later.

Glad to hear Gagagran’s DH had his surgery and wish him a speedy recovery. Hope GG that you are feeling better now as well.

I plan to do some cleaning today since I don’t have the puppy. He and my dog make such a mess of the floors so a good wash throughout is called for. Also have laundry to do so all I need now is the motivation to shift out of bed. Oh the excitement.?

Wishing you all a pleasant day, thoughts with all who are troubled.☀️

Kalu Sat 06-Mar-21 06:58:20

Good morning Mick . A bit of confusion this morning as I joined granMattie’s thread, opened in your behalf.

Anyhoo, it’s still dark here in Glasgow, dull but dry day is forecast which means I will potter about in the garden as there is lots of tidying up to do. No chance yet of morning coffee in the garden but, that treat isn’t too far off now.

Hope your DH is doing well after his operation Gagagran.

Best wishes to all, hoping you have the best day you can, especially those of you with worries, troubles and whatever is causing you pain.

grandMattie Sat 06-Mar-21 07:01:49

I hang my head in shame. And I couldn’t even get the day right! ???

brook2704 Sat 06-Mar-21 07:04:20

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s just getting light and a dry day is forecast
Same here baubles it’s just another walk for me today although I’m trying to think of somewhere different to go.
Lovely pictures Ashcombe I enjoy seeing the blossom on the trees, so pretty and springlike. A bit longer to wait up here though before it comes out.
Your town sounds lovely and so interesting grandmattie just the sort of place I love to visit and explore. I said to DH the other day that once travel is allowed I’d love to just pack the car up and do a UK road trip and explore all the interesting places we’ve not been to before. A bit of a long way to Kent from here but I’ve a lovely niece who lives there so you never know!
Hope gaga slept well and her DH is recovering from his op
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles, I hope the day is gentle and take care all whatever the day brings ?

Gwenisgreat1 Sat 06-Mar-21 07:05:31

Good morning all from dry, cloudy HARROGATE
Starting early because we have to take our little dog back to the vet. She was diagnosed yesterday with pancreatitis. They want her on a drip all day today.
Apart from that, and picking her up from the vet. Not much idea what I’ll be doing for the rest of the day apart from popping back to see what others have been up to.
Keep safe, look after yourselves

Kalu Sat 06-Mar-21 07:05:44

No harm done grandMattie. We all have confused heads at the moment, or is it just me? Getting the day wrong put a smile on my face so thanks for that. ?

grandMattie Sat 06-Mar-21 07:06:10

You would be very welcome brook, just bear in mind the golf open takes place in July and the town will be heaving, DV and CV19 willing of course!

Pittcity Sat 06-Mar-21 07:26:31

Good morning from a grey, chilly Colchester.

It all happened here yesterday.
We exchanged contracts and are now officially downsizing next Friday. We also both have our vaccinations in the diary for next Saturday. Just like busses, all at once.

I spent an hour on the phone negotiating a broadband deal so that I could keep up with GN!!

Today we start packing in earnest.

Love to all x

Nannytopsy Sat 06-Mar-21 07:26:56

Good morning.Mick and all his followers.
Awake early this morning as I had to leap out of bed with cramp. It isn’t as frosty as expected and is another cloudy day. We get a bit more done in the garden each day but I am getting impatient for warmer weather.
Glad it went well yesterday GG and the recovery is swift.
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

Nannytopsy Sat 06-Mar-21 07:27:53

Great news Pittcity!

NanKate Sat 06-Mar-21 07:38:00

Good morning Mick and All.

A tiny bit of sunlight peeking through the clouds in South Bucks.

Loved your photos Ashcombe. My mood is immediately lifted when I see blossom.

Best of luck with your packing Pittcity.

Can you access the tennis in Rotterdam Bellasnana? It’s been rather good this week.

Went into an actual store yesterday and went a bit mad treating myself to expensive tea and bought 3 cappuccino mousses. I ate one which was delicious then saw it was 200 calories ?. We passed a Bakers and I bought DH a strawberry and rhubarb cake and a rock bun for me. There is no end to the excitement I experienced yesterday. ?

Dwmxwg Sat 06-Mar-21 07:42:50

Good morning from a dry north Surrey, I can see some blue sky. So glad to hear Gagagran’s DH had his operation.
We had a lovely day yesterday with the boys in between their usual brotherly fights. Older brother set younger brother “schoolwork” to do which kept them entertained. We took them to the park with the dog and an old football (I think my aches and pains of today are the price I am paying). I made batter, half for breakfast pancakes and half for lunch toad in the hole, which saved DD having to cook for them in the evening.
Had a txt inviting me to book 2nd vaccination, have booked for lunchtime today. The venue is some distance away so DH will drive with my navigation and we will do a circular route on the way home to fit in a visit to mum and dad. It is a good opportunity to leave the dog for a few hours, he has got used to having someone here nearly all the time, which is great for him but once places start opening again we will want freedom to leave him for a while.
DH has optician appointment to collect his new glasses this morning,
Wishing all a lovely day

Dwmxwg Sat 06-Mar-21 07:44:22

How exciting Pircity, happy packing

Sar53 Sat 06-Mar-21 08:04:08

Good morning from another grey and miserable looking Essex by the sea. It's also pretty chilly too.
I had a lovely long chat with DD2 yesterday who seems to be coping remarkably well with the aftermath of her operation. The way I look is nothing to compare with the alternative, she said. That's my girl !!!
I will be undercoating the paintwork in the en-suite this morning, the highlight of my day.
Glad to hear that Gagagran's DH is recovering after his op.
Have the best Saturday you can and find a ? today xx

ginny Sat 06-Mar-21 08:09:37

Good Morning all.
Pleased to hear your DHs ‘op went well GagaGran.
Pittcity you have a busy week ahead.

Dd3 ( 7 + months pregnant) had more tests yesterday, results early next week. She is in good spirits and baby is fine. I’ll be so glad when it arrives.

Local food shop today combining a walk. Think I might make Mary Berry’s Matchday Pie ready for tomorrow when MIL is here for lunch.

I have bought some decent hairdressing scissors so might make an attempt on DHs hair. He still has plenty and is beginning to look a little unkempt.

? to cheer those who need it and wishing you all a ?.

grandmajet Sat 06-Mar-21 08:09:48

Hello everyone, and good morning. I’ve been reading all your news, it’s nice to see how the world is ticking over normally, almost, people just potter along with their lives.
Thank you, Ashcombe, for the early glimpse of spring - what a beautiful part of the world you live in. We came down their on holiday - remember those - two years ago and walked from Torquay to Brixham where we were staying.
Gosh, moving house, Pittcity, good luck! We last did that nearly 7 years ago and I was so excited - we moved area after 27 years to be nearer two of our daughters and four grandchildren, and have loved being here in the East Midlands.
Again Bellasnana, you remind me of a holiday in Malta a few years ago. Sigh! How nice to have a puppy to care for, but hard work.
Thank you Michael for a nice gentle start to my day.

harrigran Sat 06-Mar-21 08:10:52

Good morning from a very chilly NE, just 1 degree.
Good to hear that second vaccinations are being offered, it is seven weeks since my first one and no word yet.
A quiet day for me as DH goes to lie down after lunch each day and joins me again at 7pm.
Enjoy the weekend.

Jaxjacky Sat 06-Mar-21 08:12:29

Good morning all from a sunny, frosty S Hants. Not a lot on today, trip to the tip this afternoon and a walk later. Have a good day all.

Anniebach Sat 06-Mar-21 08:20:48

Good morning Auntyflo and all x