Gransnet forums

Chat

Piers Morgan walking off set this morning

(185 Posts)
TrendyNannie6 Tue 09-Mar-21 16:40:41

Well I actually missed it, but have just been shown the vid of Alex Beresford giving his take on Meghan & Harry, I must say I don’t think it’s done Piers any favours upping and walking off like that

BlueBelle Fri 12-Mar-21 14:38:06

I m afraid I think Woke is a ridiculous Americanism which Morgan played on at every opportunity, it’s a complete cop out anyone with any kind of valid point that doesn’t fit in with the other s opinion is derided as being ‘woke’
You obviously think his good points outweigh his bad or else you wouldn’t be on the fence

suziewoozie Fri 12-Mar-21 14:57:08

BlueBelle

I m afraid I think Woke is a ridiculous Americanism which Morgan played on at every opportunity, it’s a complete cop out anyone with any kind of valid point that doesn’t fit in with the other s opinion is derided as being ‘woke’
You obviously think his good points outweigh his bad or else you wouldn’t be on the fence

I think the problem I have with him is that I really can’t work out what he really believes in apart from himself and his own self interest. Wasn’t he a huge Trump fan for a while and decamped to the US where he bombed? He’s always imo,after the next opportunity so if I ever agree with anything he says I know that he probably doesn’t even agree with it himself but it’s opportune at the moment to say it. I think he’s a moral vacuum ( and he’s not the only one)

Lucca Fri 12-Mar-21 14:58:25

How many times today have I read one GN “the woke brigade”. Without any explanation from the users as to what exactly they mean !

Chestnut Fri 12-Mar-21 16:41:34

Lucca

How many times today have I read one GN “the woke brigade”. Without any explanation from the users as to what exactly they mean !

Well I have just explained what I mean by the term so how do you justify that comment?

Chestnut Fri 12-Mar-21 16:43:35

BlueBell You obviously think his good points outweigh his bad or else you wouldn’t be on the fence
If I thought that I would not be on the fence! I would be on his side.

GrannyRose15 Sat 13-Mar-21 04:27:10

BlueBelle

* Grannyrose* did you even watch the piers Morgan /Alex beresford debate there was absolutely no personal attack Alex Beresford spoke calmly and articulately unlike the flouncing, shouty Morgan

Most to the discussion was quite reasonable I agree. But the bit I am referring to was when AB repeatedly said PM had had a personal relationship with MM and therefore didn't like her.

This was repeated even after PM had explained that he hadn't known MM well, or for very long. That made it personal and IMO unprofessional.

Though I agree PM should have taken it on the chin, I was saying that I understood why, on this occasion, he didn't.

Galaxy Sat 13-Mar-21 07:49:53

But that's true and has been explained by PM. He has discussed his relationship with her frequently, including releasing the private messages between them. I cant tell you how many times PM has discussed his 'relationship' with Meghan markle.

Lucca Sat 13-Mar-21 07:57:53

Chestnut

Lucca

Well I have just explained what I mean by the term so how do you justify that comment?

Sincere apologies I think I was distracted and posted this on the wrong thread as “woke brigade” appears in various places.

I’ve read your explanation but surely some people can be “woke” without being hypocrites ? (I agree there some who appear hypocritical though.)
I’m not keen on the term but I take it as describing people being “aware” and “caring about” issues such as the environment and prejudice ?

Chestnut Sat 13-Mar-21 10:44:00

That's okay Lucca I couldn't understand why you said it!
On a lighter note, there is woke and overly woke, and whilst concerns about the environment etc. are perfectly justified there are some people who seem to look for things to be outraged about. For anyone who hasn't seen this:
Tracey Ullman Woke Group
You may need to change to full screen.