Gransnet forums

Chat

Anyone still wearing their watch in lockdown

(91 Posts)
TrendyNannie6 Tue 09-Mar-21 20:25:08

I must I am, but it’s replaced from normal watch to a Apple iwatch, as I’m more out of the house than in, and I do love to know how many steps I’m doing

Nanette1955 Wed 10-Mar-21 11:14:30

I wear a Fitbit which only comes of for showering. X

Ingrid45 Wed 10-Mar-21 11:17:47

Funnily enough I had a conversation with a friend the other day. I said I always pull the winder out when I take my watch off so the battery doesn't run down. She was amazed! I thought everyone did that. Makes sense to me!

crossgranny Wed 10-Mar-21 11:21:10

Haven't worn my watch since Happy Birthday handwashing started. No rings except wedding ring. Makeup must be mouldy as it not used either.

BlueBelle Wed 10-Mar-21 11:38:41

I have kept all my same routines u for the last year I only take my watch off to shower I too have worn one everyday of my life since a young teen
Get up at same time as before I shower, dress, do my hair, put on a bit of make up and earrings
Why would you not I don’t understand to be honest why let your standards change ?

Theoddbird Wed 10-Mar-21 11:43:48

Not had s watch or clock for years and years....

Millie22 Wed 10-Mar-21 11:44:44

Yes I do but more because it looks nice than for checking the time. I looked at it yday on the way to school as it was easier than getting my phone out of my pocket.

Bijou Wed 10-Mar-21 11:46:09

I used to only wear my watch when I went shopping so that I didn’t miss the bus.
For the twelve years we toured Europe we only wore watches when we visited England. You knew when it was midday in France because everything stopped for lunch.

CBBL Wed 10-Mar-21 11:47:40

I'm always forgetting to put my watch on these days. This irritates hubby, as I ask him the time when I need to know. I'm partially sighted and can't tell the time by the Skeleton Clock (a wedding present) on the mantelpiece! There is a large musical clock in the hall - but who stands or sits in the hall? I sometimes have to check the Calendar, or the computer for the date, as well! Retirement, plus Lockdown means that I only need to know the time when cooking (our kitchen clock was broken by our movers and has not yet been replaced).

Riverwalk Wed 10-Mar-21 11:52:48

I wear my watch daily when I go out - don't really need it for the time as have my mobile with me!

As soon as I return home it comes off.

NannyDaft Wed 10-Mar-21 11:53:51

Yes !

grandtanteJE65 Wed 10-Mar-21 11:54:44

I have always been in the habit of taking my wrist watch off as soon as I get home and putting it on when I go out.

If I am just going to the nearest shop I don't always bother with it, but otherwise I do.

Without my watch I would not be able to catch the right bus home again, as they only run once an hour, and there do not seem to be any public clocks in our nearest town.

Clevedon Wed 10-Mar-21 12:03:59

Never wear a watch anymore, have my smart phone

Joesoap Wed 10-Mar-21 12:18:38

Cant cope without my watch it’s part of me! Am not obsessed with step counting I have that on my phone which isn’t always with me.

jocork Wed 10-Mar-21 12:33:26

I wear a Fitbit and only take it off to charge it or to shower. It reminds me to keep moving regularly and tells me if my phone is ringing if it is out of earshot. Drives me nuts when it needs charging though as I look at the time and just see an exclamation mark even though it is still about 18% charged. My previous one still told me the time unless the battery ran out altogether, but this one has more features and runs down more often. I need to wear it at night to register my resting heart rate properly so I forget to charge it until it no-longer tells me the time!

4allweknow Wed 10-Mar-21 12:36:29

Wear a watch everyday and have done for years. It must be waterproof or a good water resistance as I forget to take it off for showering. Also needs to be luminous for checking time during the night. I can't sleep with any kind of time display on all night.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Wed 10-Mar-21 12:39:32

I always wear a watch, just an ordinary one and I don't feel quite right without it.

Chardy Wed 10-Mar-21 12:40:56

I have a FitBit on my wrist 24/7

mar76 Wed 10-Mar-21 12:42:53

Lost without my watch. Have 2 - both waiting until shops re-open for batteries.

Janetashbolt Wed 10-Mar-21 12:44:38

I have to wash my hands and up my arms so often I've not worn my watch or rings since March last year, I've also stopped wearing earrings as I lost some at the begining when I keep taking my mask on and off

Visgir1 Wed 10-Mar-21 13:08:33

Love a watch, have several.
Was given a fitbit, ugly thing gave up with it.

Alioop Wed 10-Mar-21 13:08:47

I wear mine when out with the dog and take it off when I come home. Don't know why I actually do this....

Missfoodlove Wed 10-Mar-21 13:30:13

I’ve got to, otherwise how do I know it’s six o clock?
Wine time!!!!

Greciangirl Wed 10-Mar-21 14:20:02

I haven’t worn my watch for over a year now. As don’t go out anywhere to need it.
Same with rings.
Can’t bear the thought of smearing hand gel all over them.
Strangely enough, I don’t miss wearing either.

Romola Wed 10-Mar-21 14:22:45

I wear mine all the time but I specially appreciate it at night. The button on the side, if you push it, the face lights up so that I can see the time in the dark. (Good if you need to have a pee in the night, or if it's nearly time to wake up anyway.)

Happiyogi Wed 10-Mar-21 14:25:09

No, have put mine away in a drawer.

I wonder whether, having gone without our usual make up, perfume and jewellery this past year, some of us will never go back to all those things? I actually don’t want to inhale a stranger’s perfume any more.