Gransnet forums

Chat

What makes life worth living?

(30 Posts)
Greeneyedgirl Fri 12-Mar-21 20:55:01

Since lockdown I’ve had more thinking time to consider what it is that really matters to me. In normal times I am so busy rushing from one thing to another but I realise now that I haven’t made time to prioritise what I really value. I wonder what others think make their lives worth living?

MissChateline Tue 16-Mar-21 18:17:49

My Campervan. It makes me smile every time I get into it.

blue25 Tue 16-Mar-21 21:06:33

Exploring and discovering new places both in the UK and abroad.

Sitting outside in the sun with a view of the beach and a gin in my hand

Spending time with friends and family. Laughing together.

Sharing lovely meals out with my OH

grannyactivist Tue 16-Mar-21 22:20:54

In addition to my faith, family and friends I would say the opportunity to make a difference.

Many of my clients are in a traumatic situation when I first meet them and feel they are of no value and have nothing to offer. Recently a past client wrote an account of his journey out of homelessness and he said; "I will live out the rest of my life at * (the community where he now lives) doing what I can to help them and help others." He has found purpose in working for a charity to help others who are homeless.

Greeneyedgirl Wed 17-Mar-21 13:52:56

grannyactivist your post really resonates with me. I am not religious but during this last year have thought particularly about how our positive actions can make a difference to other people (even some we find it hard to like).
This may only be in small ways, and perhaps not formally working with clients as you do, but can be so rewarding.