Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(75 Posts)
12Michael Wed 17-Mar-21 06:07:23

Good Morning Everyone,
Its light but looking grey and dry this morning in Brackley .
Busy day for me , I will walk to supermarket do a shop , before returning home.
Will remove ESG monitor , and then prepare myself for a bus trip and back to Banbury to return the monitor to the hospital with diary etc in an envelope.
After lunch more cycling on TV , then relax .
Take Care,
Mick

Blossoming Wed 17-Mar-21 10:00:39

Good morning all from a currently grey Lancashire. It’s quite warm and sun ☀️ is forecast for this afternoon so am hoping to get out for a short walk. I have slept better for the last two nights as things seem to have settled down. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

Sending best thoughts to all.

Mapleleaf Wed 17-Mar-21 10:05:03

Good morning all,

Greyduster has our weather forecast spot on - quite a contrast to yesterday pm, which brightened up and warmed up nicely.

I heard from my surgery yesterday and have my first vaccine on Saturday at a nearby location.

We are having a new garage door fitted this afternoon. The wooden one we have proved very difficult to open in the wet weather in recent years with me having to resort to a large screwdriver to prise it open, so enough was enough, and it has to go!

I do hope that the splints work for pinchy, sheepandcattle. She seems such a feisty little thing. Sorry to hear about your ewe, though. I suppose there must be many highs and lows on your farm.

I hope your friend is soon able to walk again, Amselerin. She is probably doing the best thing choosing to go into a care home, where there will be people there 24/7 to keep an eye on her, and you will still be able to visit (at least once Covid is under greater control as I imagine the regulations about visiting family and friends in care homes are similar to here).

Fingers crossed for you mick that the medical staff are able to use the data from your monitor to tailor your treatment.

? for Georgesgran today and also for all with difficulties to face.

Take care everyone.

Grandmajean Wed 17-Mar-21 10:10:06

Good morning from Cheshire. Just read page one of the posts and am getting emotional over the sheep and lambs Sheepandcattle Do hope Pinchy makes it. Your posts are so interesting.
Keep an eye on your DH Marydoll and hope all is well. I know I watch my DH like a hawk if he mentions any symptom that I consider worrying . He has always enjoyed good health and doesn't complain but I am known to my family as being a health worrier ( for them not for me ) and I suspect they don't tell me everything in case I stew over it.

Megs36 Wed 17-Mar-21 10:14:03

Marydoll continuing the spray saga! My husband sprayed next doors car through the fence once and had to spend hours cleaning it off.
I have to agree about little things worrying you,mine is the same and definitely unable to do things as he used to do, unfortunately I feel I am going the same way and as I always have been the ‘techie’ one in this partnership i e online banks etc. I am quite worried. Have been stupidly Googling al kinds of dementia.....

Jaxjacky Wed 17-Mar-21 10:20:56

Bellasnanna Grandmattie and Grandmabatty I take a dose of Gaviscon advance about 30 minutes before bed, this works for me. It must be the Advance, apologies if you’re already doing this.
Georgesgran thoughts are with you x

Auntieflo Wed 17-Mar-21 10:28:26

Good morning Mick, Annie and all. Mick, I expect that you will be pleased to be rid of your heart monitor. Let's hope the results are good for you.
Our car looks good after it's small paint repair yesterday. Just waiting for the bill now.
SheepandCattle lovely picture of Pinchy. I do hope his splints make all the difference. You are a wonderful 'mother' to all your little ones, and I do enjoy your tales from the farm.
? to Georgesgran, thinking of you.
Nannytopsy, has your neighbour had planning permission for his huge fence? I thought that 2 metres in height, including a trellis topping, was the most you could legally have without permission.
Hoping that your excursion in the car goes safely Marydoll. I know what you mean about something being 'not quite right' about your DH, as I often have the same feelings about my DH. It's a thing that comes and goes though.
Nice to hear that your neighbour has settled well Amselerin
and perhaps she will feel much happier if she does decide on a care home.
Sending best wishes to all and hope that you are all as well as can be.
Have a good day one and all.

CherryCezzy Wed 17-Mar-21 10:33:09

Good morning everyone and a Happy St Patrick's Day to our Irish friends and anyone with Irish family connections ☘️. It's a lovely fine and fresh morning here in the Gower.

Managed to get all that housework done yesterday with the exception of cleaning the fridge so that my halo task for today ?. It's such a lovely day so a wander around the coast is beckoning, I just hope it's not busy but I expect it will be so perhaps a stroll in the woods instead ?

Good to hear that you are feeling better after your hospital experience Bellasnana and that your oscopy went well and the result was good cornergran ?

Thinking of you today Georgesgran ?

Take care everyone ❤️

CherryCezzy Wed 17-Mar-21 10:41:56

Dropped that brain cell again ?.
Ashcombe, our resident athlete, take care of that foot today and no kerb leaping. Seriously, rest up!
Take it easy today Susan, I hope you feel better soon ?

EllanVannin Wed 17-Mar-21 10:57:38

Good Morning All x.
Bright enough out with a slight breeze but the sky doesn't look too promising. Now and again the sun has been trying its best to show itself but at least it's dry and doesn't feel too cold.

What a time of mixed emotions Sheepandcattle as although you're prepared for the odd eventuality there's still no knowing how things are going to turn out. I hope those splints can do the job on Pinchy. Lovely pics.

Sorry you're not feeling up to much Susan. It's not nice when you're off-colour so let's hope that things improve as the day goes on.

Glad to hear that Bellasnanna is feeling brighter and all other procedures went to plan with those who had appointments.

Georgesgran flowers (((hugs))).

Gingster I can relate to your friend's family where no support was given in similar circumstances which I'm trying my best to resolve after this last 12 months.

I wish I could put my mind to doing one particular task at a time instead of flitting about with unfinished jobs. I tend to start something then go on to something else. I never used to have this distraction---must be age grin trying to do everything at once. H used to do things, in his words, " systematically".

Anyway I'm bound to get something achieved even if it's just going to the post box. I do have the corner shop to visit for fresh bread and milk and it's always exciting and satisfying to sit back when you have these two items. Sad isn't it ?

Steak pie and new pots with some sort of a veg today so that's easy enough to do.

Stay safe and well everyone, with thoughts to those who are feeling a bit under the weather. xx

Lins1066 Wed 17-Mar-21 11:21:07

Sorry you are feeling under the weather Susan, hope you feel better as the day goes on.

flowers for Georgesgran

Gwenisgreat1 Wed 17-Mar-21 11:23:24

Good Morning all from grey, but dry Harrogate - I'm knackered, done a day's work before starting!! Including dealing with a tricky phone call.
Ashcombe rest that foot. Take care too-ing and fro-ing from the hospital Mick hope the results will provide a solution.
How's Iris getting on GrandMattie?
How far did you move Pittcity? - when we moved it was just bout 2 miles and I stayed with the same surgery (not sure if it was a good idea though!)
Funnily enough Marydoll my DH is the clumsy one. He blames me for where I put things, but he will swing his arms knocking anything within reach. He broke a beautiful lustre this was and yesterday tried to demolish the Barbie Wardrobe I am making for DGD.
As for Pinchy, Sheepandcastle I do love that little creature. So sorry about the ewe, though. Your job has so many highs and lows and many challenges!

Keep as well as you can, folks stay safe. There is light at the end of the tunnel!!

Taichinan Wed 17-Mar-21 11:37:22

Dragonfly so glad you're taking advantage of all the 'alternatives' being offered. Reiki is very relaxing and that in itself restorative. Acupuncture next?

Nannagarra Wed 17-Mar-21 12:12:47

?Georgesgran

Feelingmyage55 Wed 17-Mar-21 12:21:11

Very late today, but I had to get on with some things first otherwise they would have not got done. A lovely spring day in the north of Scotland and the snowdrops are out. Some green tips showing through so the daffodils are wakening up.
amselerin. What a sensible friend you have to make the decision that she needs care. I do hope that there is somewhere lovely for her and she enjoys the company of others. Hopefully it will be in easy driving distance for you.
Pinchy has stolen my heart.
Cup of tea now, visit to the dump and then late lunch with “Daniel”.

Llamedos13 Wed 17-Mar-21 12:27:38

Urmstongran, I’m an Irish granny ?‍?☘️

supernanauna1 Wed 17-Mar-21 12:53:09

I'm Irish too! Depending on which grandchild it is, I'm Nana, Nanny and NanaUna.

aggie Wed 17-Mar-21 13:29:19

Good afternoon! Missed the Morning , was planting seeds in the plastic greenhouse, lots of salads , next is the veg to plant into troughs , we can but hope some grow!

aggie Wed 17-Mar-21 13:30:23

Today’s work

aggie Wed 17-Mar-21 13:31:22

Try again

Taichinan Wed 17-Mar-21 13:37:56

Back with all my "forgot-to-mentions"!
Ellan how lovely to have that long visit from your DGD. It shows how far she's come for her to be able to do that - and how much she appreciates you.
Your poor friend Amselerin - she must have been so afraid that no one would find her. I'm not surprised she has made the decision to go into a home. You did a wonderful thing, going round to find her. ?

Gingster Wed 17-Mar-21 15:07:57

Can anyone please tell me what Daniel is? A book, a tv series or a film? I’m intrigued ?

Mapleleaf Wed 17-Mar-21 16:20:41

A character in the programme Doctors I think, Gingster ?

Marydoll Wed 17-Mar-21 16:20:44

Gingster

Can anyone please tell me what Daniel is? A book, a tv series or a film? I’m intrigued ?

Daniel is one of the doctors in Doctors

Pittcity Wed 17-Mar-21 20:35:54

Gwen we wanted to stay with our surgery as we've moved just under 2 miles. We rang to change the address on file and were told that we were no longer in their catchment area.sad Have to see if new surgery is any good. If not, there is another right next door....we just went to the first one we reached!!