Gransnet forums

Chat

Daily walk - getting a bit fed up

(81 Posts)
Riverwalk Sat 20-Mar-21 08:44:41

Oh, I can't face another flippin' walk as my only source of outside entertainment!

It's dull and overcast and my walking buddy is away so I'm sitting here trying to convince myself to get the joggers and trainers on and stride out.

I'm fed up! grin

Callistemon Wed 24-Mar-21 12:36:02

Tell them to sod off. What a lot of miseries. ?

We aren't really supposed to drive from home for exercise but people do even though it's hilly here and we only go a couple of miles

watermeadow Wed 24-Mar-21 19:25:14

I walk with other dog walkers and we’ve all enjoyed the freedom of the golf course all through lockdown, a much bigger area than our adjacent common.
We really resent the return of the golfers next week. Why can’t they start chucking balls around later in the day, after all the walkers and joggers have gone?

EllanVannin Wed 24-Mar-21 20:14:53

I sat out in the garden in the sun today with a couple of neighbours. We had a good laugh too which did us good and it made a nice change.

Hetty58 Wed 24-Mar-21 20:22:35

I have to walk at least once a day - the dog tells me so. Unless it's really pelting down with rain, I have no choice, which means I skip the agonising over it.

Yes, it really does lift my spirits, keeps me on an even keel, and with a positive outlook too. Somehow, being out and about puts any worries into perspective.

tidyskatemum Wed 24-Mar-21 21:02:09

I really enjoy my morning walk. I’m lucky in that I live close to farmland with plenty of public footpaths. I’ve always been a birdwatcher but I’ve been stunned by the variety of bird life in the area that I’ve never really appreciated before - despite having lived here for 30years!