Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(90 Posts)
12Michael Tue 23-Mar-21 06:14:39

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a bright grey sky over Brackley this morning , but its dry.
Today , for me a busy day with 2 hospital appointments n top of one another , the first at 1330 with Cardiac length unknown may have to do treadmill , the second my annual Glaucoma check , both in same part of the old hospital building ,and about a 5 minute walk if that between see what happens .
Will have a slightly early lunch, before I get the bus into Banbury c/w documents for those appointments .
Take Care,
Mick

Oldbutstilluseful Tue 23-Mar-21 09:00:59

Dreadful news Stilllearning. It happened to someone I know and your friend will be in shock for a long time. All we can do is keep you and your friend in our thoughts.
Grandmabatty, thank you for raising a smile at the thought of you taking your fish man for a walk!
Thank you to everyone for your daily posts which really help me through the day, and a special shout-out to Grandmafrench whose wise words always hit the spot.
Be kind to yourselves, you all deserve a flamboyance of flamingos ?

Grandmabatty Tue 23-Mar-21 09:01:54

DustyAngel Happy birthday to you. Kate oops! I don't think the fish man would be impressed if I dragged him off to the park! I should know better.

Grannyme6 Tue 23-Mar-21 09:03:54

I must be honest Urmston, it’s only a group lesson once a week but I love it! Otherwise, it’s Pilates, (don’t love it but I know it does me good) and low impact stuff when I feel like it.?

Greyduster Tue 23-Mar-21 09:13:28

Happy Birthday Dustyangel??. Have a lovely day!

Nannagarra Tue 23-Mar-21 09:18:36

Happy birthday dustyangel ???

Taichinan Tue 23-Mar-21 09:23:49

Good morning everyone. It's a grey cloudy day on the Angus coast, but brighter looking north. (I shall keep looking north!)
Having a busy spell just now due to trying to organise Tai Chi on the Beach and keep within the rapidly changing guidelines, so haven't had time to read the thread at all yet this morning. I'll get there later.
It was another glorious day again here yesterday, so another friend came up for a couple of sets of tai chi and a distanced cuppa in the garden. Hopefully I'm becoming fitter again!
Must go and address the latest email that has just dropped in, so I wish you all a pleasant, contented sunny day with the occasional flamingo dropping by. Take care. ????

Grammaretto Tue 23-Mar-21 09:27:15

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders where it has been disappointingly cold the past couple of days.
I have skimmed through your posts, have paid my bills online and am in a rush to get to my zoom yoga class so will come back later.
Sounds as though Georgesgran is bravely dealing with her DH's things. Well done. I haven't touched a thing in 4 months. Nobody is allowed in to help so that's my excuse. Also the charity shops and the recycle centres (the tip) are all closed down and I can't put everything in the compost.

Good luck at the hospital Mick
Happy Birthday Dustyangel
Such a horrible shock stillearning

Take care everyone and Pinchy grin

BlueSapphire Tue 23-Mar-21 09:31:01

Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny Northampton. More gardening planned for this afternoon; I got all the weeding done yesterday, trying out the new kneeler; it was lovely to have something to lean on when getting up. Shall go round all the weeded borders this afternoon with the garden fork. Have ordered some weedkiller to spray on the patio and driveway.

Have got the towels in the washing machine, and will have a run around with the Shark downstairs as I've spied clumps of cat fur on the carpet. The cats get brushed every evening but they still manage to shed lots of fur during the day.

Hope everyone's day has a ray of sunshine in it somewhere.

LauraNorder Tue 23-Mar-21 09:31:07

Good morning all from Anglesey where it’s dry but cloudy.
We had the most wonderful weekend. No tv or radio at all, no laptop or phone. Walked on our long deserted beach, collected razor clam shells, did some gardening, danced to Barry White, Tina Turner and even a bit of ABBA. Read, sang, chatted.
An amazing detox from all the angst going on around us and lots of flamingos ?
Return to reality yesterday, but it was nice while it lasted.
I’ll go back now and catch up with all your news but meanwhile I see we have a birthday.
Happy Birthday ? Dustyangel, enjoy your day and eat cake ?.
Hope you all find a random pink flamingo today
???

Bellasnana Tue 23-Mar-21 09:51:19

Happy birthday Dustyangel hope you have a pleasant day.????

Megs36 Tue 23-Mar-21 09:52:35

Morning all. Yesterday my husband (and Daughter in law plus many others I guess) got Gov. letter saying shielding is ‘finished’ on April 1st. Interesting date! Now thinking we may actually go to a supermarket-whatever that is - and see people. Usual precautions still in place and family won’t visit for some time yet however the end is in view ??

CherryCezzy Tue 23-Mar-21 10:08:26

Good morning everyone from a cloudy Gower but it is trying to brighten up.

I won't dwell on the most recent shedload of seizures I've had except to say I'm exhausted and I thoroughly dislike, almost with a vengeance, the extra medication I have to take each time another bout starts. Hopefully I'll find a jar with a scraping of energy in it for me to use today, especially since my WP and me have to go out - no choice. Perhaps it's what I need to help to reinvigorate me anyway?. Apart from that just my group quiz today ?

I hope your back to back hospital appointments go well today Mick.
Good luck with your medical MOTs today Gelisijam and Jaxjacky.

? Such difficult tasks to do Georgesgran, be gentle with yourself.
Ashcombe, it's not surprising that your are feeling down, despondent and frustrated in your situation parted from your DH as you are. It can be hard parted from the person you love in the best of times ???

Happy Birthday Dustyangel, I hope you have a pleasant day ? ? ?
Thank you for your well wishes each day Susan and Lins, it means a lot to me.

Take care everyone and stay safe ❤️

barb1946 Tue 23-Mar-21 10:10:06

"Stilllearning" My thoughts and prayers for your friend's loss of her dear son. It can't be easy to losing a child and my heart goes out to her. Please pass on my condolences to her won't you x

Grandmafrench Tue 23-Mar-21 10:15:34

Have a marvellous day, dear dusty and may you ‘have your cake and eat it’ - now and every day. ????

Blossoming Tue 23-Mar-21 10:24:11

Good morning all from a cloudy Lancashire. No chance of a lie-in today as there are some road/rail repairs taking place nearby. They are here at least until the end of the week, fingers crossed it doesn’t drag on. I’m not sleeping well at the moment and this isn’t helping but life has to go on.

I shall now read all your news, sending best wishes to all.

LauraNorder Tue 23-Mar-21 10:24:19

stillearning, such tragic news from your friend. Unimaginable pain.
Lots of sadness and pain amongst our dear friends in here ?

LauraNorder Tue 23-Mar-21 10:26:42

Warm welcome to grannyme6.
Hang in there Ashcombe, think how wonderful your reunion will be, think hearts, flowers, moons and stars ?

LauraNorder Tue 23-Mar-21 10:29:19

Grandmafrench, I usually endorse your good advice but ‘have your cake and eat it every day’ is what got me to this overweight state. grin

Mapleleaf Tue 23-Mar-21 10:31:59

Good morning all,

It's a cloudy and chilly morning today, though the sun keeps trying to break through.

Good luck with your appointments mick.

Such sad news from your friend stilllearning - a huge shock for you all. ?

I love your flamingo, Dwmxwg - I imagine it looks really pretty lit up at night.

Happy birthday dustyangel ??.

Not sure what I'm going to do today, but will call my friend to see what she has been up to this week. Otherwise, it's a "see what transpires" sort of day.

Happy to read that pinchy is feeling strong enough to wander about a bit, and hope those splints do the job.

Take care everyone.

muse Tue 23-Mar-21 10:33:19

Blue sky but bitterly cold in Cornwall. Good luck with the two appointments Mick.

Thinking of all of you that are missing a birthday or anniversary celebration again during these lock downs. My 70th has been postponed twice now.

Mark, gardener, back today doing more clearing for me. I'm starting to see the edge of the pond. Hoping to get one of the raised beds finished (not full though) before the day finishes. MrM still sawing! I've had a polite moan to the timber company. They will replace any sleepers that are more than 5mm out.

I'm trying again (firmly) and hoping MrM will stick to my new regime. I've tried this before but he doesn't stick with it: Dinner at 8:30 and bed for us both before midnight. Last night it was 10:30 when he came in for dinner and he came to bed at 2:30. He doesn't need much sleep but he rarely starts work until mid to late morning. It's something he's always done (before we met 7 yrs ago) so it's hard for him to change. He can but lets it slide all too often.

Mega36 Glad to read shielding will soon be over. I've enjoyed my walks that are much closer to home but I'm really looking forward to a drive to our nearest beach (25 min) when it's allowed.

Bluesaphire. I must get one of those kneelers. {smile}. I use my little cushion pad but struggle to get up. Particularly so at the moment with my sciatica.

Sheep. I used to live in Derbyshire and attended many a sheep dog trial. I owned a couple of blue merl collies in those days. Parents worked cattle. Love to watch the dogs in the field.

YouTube pilates next. I need to buy a new band. Mine snapped. yesterday.

Take care everyone.

hollysteers Tue 23-Mar-21 10:41:10

Good morning Mick and all from a dull Lancashire northwest coast. I hope your procedures go well Mick.
It is my cousins funeral today, but will watch it online due to restrictions. We had a happy time seeing him regularly growing up. First time I have watched a funeral online, so hope I get it right. Later a friend is popping round for a chat and I need to compose a letter of complaint to join my neighbours in our flooding problems.
Yesterday I walked in the park and bought two large plants to put by my front door, don’t know what they are called, but I know they are hollysteers proof, having a brown thumb and not a green finger. I like two laurel trees or similar by a front door, it prettifies it. I was a window dresser (or display artists as we called ourselves?) for a while and although not practical, I can make something look better with a few touches.
My bird station has attracted long tailed tits for the first time.
In this blank period, that’s quite an event!
Will return to enjoy your postings and thoughts to the troubled.

hollysteers Tue 23-Mar-21 10:43:35

I meant two bay trees, not Laurel.

LauraNorder Tue 23-Mar-21 10:52:58

Spoiler alert Pantglas, big westerly wind coming your way, sorry.

Gwenisgreat1 Tue 23-Mar-21 11:02:06

Good morning all from Sunny Harrogate
Dwmxwg love your flamingo!!
Stillearning so sorry about your friend's son, most distressing.
Absolutely nothing planned today,, my cooker is working (needs new parts, though)
Have just had a lecture from my daughter, by heck she can make me feel like a naughty child, i did get scammed and should have known better. nuf said.

Just thinking GrandMattie and Sheep, Iris and Pinchy have so much in common and both coping stoically.

Have the best day you can, folks

CherryCezzy Tue 23-Mar-21 11:15:55

stilllearning , such an awful shock for your friend and family and all who loved and cared about him. I will keep her and you in my thoughts ?
A very sad day for you today hollysteers, and the rest of your cousin's family. I will keep you in my thoughts today ?