Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(90 Posts)
12Michael Tue 23-Mar-21 06:14:39

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a bright grey sky over Brackley this morning , but its dry.
Today , for me a busy day with 2 hospital appointments n top of one another , the first at 1330 with Cardiac length unknown may have to do treadmill , the second my annual Glaucoma check , both in same part of the old hospital building ,and about a 5 minute walk if that between see what happens .
Will have a slightly early lunch, before I get the bus into Banbury c/w documents for those appointments .
Take Care,
Mick

Grandmabatty Tue 23-Mar-21 11:36:50

Oldbutstilluseful you'll be pleased to know that no fish men were abducted in my area this morning!

Auntieflo Tue 23-Mar-21 11:48:09

Good morning Mick , Annie, and all. I somehow completely missed Monday. I had a blood test in the morning , then got a spurt of energy, so we did some housework between us, and I felt very virtuous.

I know it is Tuesday, because the bin men have been, so why am I looking for a Good Morning Wednesday thread ??

We have a funeral at lunch time, one of our lovely Church members, and it is going to be on a video link, so hope DH is on track to find it.

I must go and read yesterday's posts, and also catch up on today's .
So have a good day one and all.

Taichinan Tue 23-Mar-21 11:57:36

Coming up to 12 noon and the minute's silence to remember the lives lost due to Covid-19. I feel so grateful that all I lost for that year was my freedom to do what I want when I want and to see the people I love, and that my previous family are all well. It's so tempting to moan, but really I feel so lucky. You?

ann678tifney Tue 23-Mar-21 11:58:39

Goodmorning everyone from a cooler but dry NE. Sorry Still earning about your friends son, I know how it feels as my friends lost her only child a couple of years ago in his early 20' she is still feeling it now, I try to be there for her when I can. Good news about my DGS, he didn't need an operation on his leg, he is getting a full cast on today and hopefully he can come home soon. My DD is wondering how he will cope but I think he will either milk it for everything, or he will just get on with things and surprise her. I don't post here very often, but enjoy hearing what everones up to and hoping everyone keeps safe and well.

Taichinan Tue 23-Mar-21 11:59:07

'previous' should read precious of course.

CherryCezzy Tue 23-Mar-21 12:01:38

Auntieflo flowers

Keeper1 Tue 23-Mar-21 12:08:55

Does it still count as it is now Good afternoon,

I have been reading posts on different threads for some time and posted on a few and even managed a meet up pre lockdown obviously with a few other Gransnetters.

So hello from Lincolnshire which has on and off sunshine today. I am working from home and have taken a break for the minutes silence and also thought I would extend the break to pop on to here.

I have been reading at how the Covid pandemic and lockdown has effected people and in a rather odd way have been fortunate that it hasn’t impacted so much on our lives. This is mainly due to my husband’s poor health so we had been unable to go out, holiday etc anyway and although I miss having cuddles with my grandchildren as I work full time I had limited availability to see them. So as I say fortunate in an unfortunate way.

I hope you are all having the best day possible, stay safe and well x

Jaxjacky Tue 23-Mar-21 12:56:43

Happy Birthday to you ??? dustyangel enjoy your day.?

Susan56 Tue 23-Mar-21 13:28:59

Good news about your grandson Ann678, hopefully he comes home soon and makes a good recovery.

Totally agree with your post Taichinan.

Welcome Keeper??

polly123 Tue 23-Mar-21 13:43:27

I haven't posted on here before although I have often read the comments which are always interesting. So I am introducing myself and hope to contribute when I can. I am in the West Midlands and can only describe the weather as pleasant and dry which is not bad for March I suppose. I have been for a long walk and am now forgetting to eat as I get sidetracked by my compulsion to paint (pictures not walls).

monk08 Tue 23-Mar-21 15:20:42

Welcome polly123 I'm another who reads every day but rarely posts also from the West Midlands borders of black country originally from south side.

Severnside Tue 23-Mar-21 15:25:46

Yes indeed guinea pigs do eat radishes. My daughter’s four stole a quantity of them from a bag on the kitchen floor yesterday.

brook2704 Tue 23-Mar-21 15:47:12

Happy Birthday dustyangel I hope you’re having a lovely day! ???
A very warm welcome to polly123 and all new posters - so pleased you’ve all joined this lovely friendly thread

polly123 Tue 23-Mar-21 16:01:35

Thank you for your warm welcomes! I look forward to posting on this thread.