Gransnet forums

Chat

The Argy Bar and Tea Room

(1001 Posts)
Doodle Sat 27-Mar-21 20:16:59

Service as usual in the Argy folks but with the addition of our new roof top tea garden. In the words of the famous Basil Fawlty, no riffraff. ?

grandmajet Sun 28-Mar-21 16:49:32

? I wonder if Reggie will treat Lemon to a champagne tea when they next dock here?

ixion Sun 28-Mar-21 16:52:30

Busy day tomorrow, here.
Meeting a certain gent in Grimsby, then off to 'Skeggy'?, he says, to celebrate the Easing. My chap likes to be free to roam, as he romantically puts it. I will look out for some tasteful souvenirs for the Tea Room.

In the afternoon, I am holding auditions for people to join our Palm Court orchestra.

Should be a fun day!
Keep those ideas coming in!

lemongrove Sun 28-Mar-21 17:03:34

BigBertha1

Naice! I am a very refained person so I may stay a while.

Don’t you run the pie ‘n’ eel stall down the docks?

lemongrove Sun 28-Mar-21 17:10:04

Have just popped in for a butchers at the tea room!?Whatever next, I says to myself, but since you now hold the accounts Doodle then I guess you have to think about expanding ( although the size 28 leggings you left on the bar are testimony to that.)
I will have a brew since am here, and put a double whisky in it. We are in port for a day or two as Reggie has business with a diamond geezer.

brook2704 Sun 28-Mar-21 17:18:05

Oooh french fancies grandmajet now you’re talking....

grandmajet Sun 28-Mar-21 17:41:37

AGA, how will I get my hanky if I can’t show my knickers?

Doodle Sun 28-Mar-21 18:32:56

Lemon we decided by branching out (well upwards actually) we may keep the Argy punters but attract the more upmarket to our lovely Tea rooms. We hope we may show a profit next time you pop in. ?

Pantglas2 Sun 28-Mar-21 18:37:03

You can always do what I do Grandmajet, use your sleeve.....? or better still, someone else’s sleeve.....?

grandmajet Sun 28-Mar-21 19:15:48

But, Pantglas, isn’t that a little, er, vulgar?
I’m a lady, remember. ?

Pantglas2 Sun 28-Mar-21 19:38:47

Oops, yes, I forgot I’m supposed to be a laydee....my helocution lessons and deportment classes aren’t going very well are they ?

AGAA4 Sun 28-Mar-21 19:43:41

We will have to use the outside steps up to the roof garden as if they go through the bar all the elegant ladies will be ravished by the Admiral and his crew.

Doodle Sun 28-Mar-21 19:49:28

Pants I hate to ask but do you have a stiffgit for you helocution and deportment yet? If you have, you could be our High tea waitress for all the posh laydees. But not if you keep wiping your nose on the tablecloth. ?

ixion Sun 28-Mar-21 20:08:40

lemon Are you still convinced that Medallion Man Rich Reggie is the one for you?
I still worry about you and whether you are just being taken by his ostentatious wealth and by not genuine love?

grandmajet Sun 28-Mar-21 20:31:44

Ostentatious wealth sound quite a good reason to be with someone. And he does have a huge medallion!

Pantglas2 Sun 28-Mar-21 20:42:31

Course I’ll be having Stiffgits ? Doodle when I’m laydeelike enough.....?

Methinks I’ll go through the Argy to the tea rooms AGA, if there’s ravishment in store for arrogant laydees like what I’m becoming ( or “unbecoming” as my tutor said...?)

Doodle Sun 28-Mar-21 21:38:56

grandmajet how do you know Reggie has a big medallion? You haven’t been rummaging in his wardrobe have you. ?

NanaandGrampy Sun 28-Mar-21 21:56:27

Either that, or on my head Doodle !

Depends on how much of a splash I want to make I suppose ?

grandmajet Sun 28-Mar-21 22:29:57

I’ve been to visit Graham the gorgeous Gardener, and for a flash of my French fancies he’ll come and transform our terrace into a tropical paradise fit for ixion’s Palm Court Orchestra. Don’t distract him with your charms, ladies, if we want the job done.
It’s due to be warm tomorrow, he may have to take his top off!

Doodle Mon 29-Mar-21 00:16:23

N&G I’m sure you will be a sensation with the afternoon tea set. ?

grandmajet Mon 29-Mar-21 08:48:50

Well, the terrace is transformed and ready for the dress - or is it undress? - rehearsal with the orchestra.
Graham has done a great job. I seem to have some vegetation in my hair. How did that get there?

Pantglas2 Mon 29-Mar-21 12:05:52

It might have happened when you bent over to smell the flowers Grandmajet and we’re taken unawares...?

Will there be auditions for the orchestra? I’m a maestro at the fiddle and was told I had the nimblest fingers.....

grandmajet Mon 29-Mar-21 12:45:54

Gin Fizz please. I’ve been on another thread! Double gin fizz.

ixion Mon 29-Mar-21 13:18:53

Have a lie down Gjet on one of our new steamer chairs. Looks like you could do with it.
Do you like the tubs of palm trees?
Got them into the back of the Grimsby Gopher's van off Skeggy Prom.
Cool, eh?

grandmajet Mon 29-Mar-21 13:32:23

Thanks ixion. I think I’ll stay here.
Love the palm trees, it’s so nice and peaceful here, do we have to let the punters, sorry, laydees, in?
Do you need a hand with the audition judging? Is it The Voice style or do you get to see what you’re getting? We would never be swayed by a hunky guy with a double bass - would we?

AGAA4 Mon 29-Mar-21 15:40:01

I hope Gorgeous Graham has put up an awning in case it rains.
We don't want all those wigs hairdos spoilt.

As we seem to have a more refined clientele I better ditch my usual dress made out of potato sacks and get down to Madame Pom Pom's for an afternoon ensemble.

Talking of ensembles ixion have you managed to get a string quartet for the opening. If not I am not bad on a penny whistle and grandmajet can play her ukulele.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion