Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(63 Posts)
Beechnut Sun 28-Mar-21 10:05:07

Hello

Gingster Sun 28-Mar-21 11:45:20

Good morning and another one here discombobulated by not being able to get gransnet. Oh dear, are we addicted!

I was woken at 5 (yesterday’s time) by magpies having a hoe down on the roof. There must be moss up there for them to peck at. Not keen on magpies! ?. Also seagulls screeching - we’re 5 miles from the sea so don’t know why they e come inland and then a gaggle of geese flying over . What’s going on with these birds!

Going for a coffee in DS1’s garden soon. It’s looking a bit overcast so we’ll wrap up warm and enjoy a short visit.

Little GD came for an afternoon of fun while DD worked yesterday. She’s full on and bright as a little button. We played the game Guess Who and I was charmed when she asked ‘has your person got light skin or dark skin’ . A sweet way of putting it, I thought.

I hope Mick comes on to say good morning ?

Have a lovely walk with your sad friend dragonfly . It will cheer her Im Sure. ?

Have a restful day Marydoll. ?

Take care..... we’re nearly there ???

Gingster Sun 28-Mar-21 11:47:43

Hello Mick ?

dustyangel Sun 28-Mar-21 11:51:39

Good morning all from a blue skied Portugal. I make a point of saying that because for the last few days the sky has been a strange white colour. It didn’t even look like low cloud as you could still see the sun, back to normal today thank goodness.

The owners of house next door came up to work on their drive yesterday afternoon. Senhora is about my age and Senhor is probably ten years older in his late eighties and they both worked for well over three hours.
Their drive has been a glorious mass of grass and wildflowers that I had actually planned to plunder later. I’m glad I wasn’t caught in the act! I don’t think they would have minded but I didn’t have the energy to struggle with a conversation in their very broad Algarvian accents. We’ve struggled a bit over the years as we bought from a cousin in all innocence, the house and fields that they were hoping to aquire. However she was very kind when my son died and called and with no words piled oranges into my hands.
dragonfly I’m sure your friend will value your company on your walk and be able to talk out some of her shock.

dustyangel Sun 28-Mar-21 11:58:51

I’m glad to see from Gingster’s post that I’m not the only one not able to get in this morning, so a quick ? to you and Mick and I’ll go and catch up with everyone else on however many pages!

Oopsadaisy1 Sun 28-Mar-21 12:09:20

Good morning Mick and everyone, I couldn’t get on and then life caught up with me and I’m now having a late coffee.
Dismal and windy here in Oxfordshire today, hopefully better weather in the week.
I know it’s only me but I’m sure if I lived near the coast the weather wouldn’t bother me so much, DH is looking at Summer rents in the U.K. and has shown me several in the Countryside, I told him I’m sick to the teeth of the countryside and if I’m going away it’s to the beach or I’ll stay at home.

So, it seems we aren’t speaking..................

Have a good day everyone and hugs to those who are troubled. Good morning to Maw if she is popping in.

mamaa Sun 28-Mar-21 12:27:06

Morning, well it is still re my body clock! Line Of Duty tonight ( excellent!) so I have posted a cheat sheet (on the tv page) which could be useful to us-re all the acronyms that might be used for reference grin.
I'll attach it here too, for those interested as it'll save having to go over to the other thread. Enjoy...

CherryCezzy Sun 28-Mar-21 12:34:38

Afternoon everyone. The Gower is it's default setting of grey today.

I thought t was only me who had a glitch getting on gn this morning but obviously not, perhaps the Spring forward affected them more than it did me? That's not an easy task ?

Haven't been able to read anyone's doings, but I will. Have a decent Sun day ? everyone ❤️

Gelisajams Sun 28-Mar-21 12:34:39

A late good morning from a wet windy Morecambe Bay. Couldn’t get on earlier. Went off to church for the first time in over 12 months. Didn’t have the confidence to mix in the summer so stayed with zoom. However I do feel more confident having been AZed. We have decided to cautiously venture out.
Take care, stay safe everyone ???

Taichinan Sun 28-Mar-21 12:49:38

Gingster perhaps the birds are discombobulated by the clock change too! I too am unsure of magpies, no doubt because if the superstitious rhyme. They are very rare round here, but there is one that has been visiting my garden recently - one! - and I do wish he'd bring his mate. A little joy would be lovely!

baubles Sun 28-Mar-21 12:51:36

Oh there you all are! Good morning, I mean afternoon from dreich South Lanarkshire.

I’ve just had a very noisy FaceTime chat with DD and a couple of the DGCs. The oldest was delighted that her rugby coach says she’s faster than any boy on the pitch ( she’s the only girl in the team) and that she can run rings round any of them. One of the others was showing me her Minecraft world and the wee one was broom vrooming his cars along the table. Utter chaos but lovely.

I reckon we officially crossed the line yesterday from pet owners to mad dog people as DH paid £2 for a dog ice cream from the cafe in the park. grin She did enjoy it though.

I’m going to read all the posts now but sending good wishes to everyone with sadness, worries, or illness.

Until tomorrow lovely people. flowers???

muse Sun 28-Mar-21 16:06:06

Good afternoon everyone. Cold blustery Cornwall.

Not only do I have to cope with loosing an hour, I also lost hours of sleep. Far too much bending yesterday as I wanted to get three plants moved which led to weeding. Sciatic pain really kicked in. Got up at 4:00 to walk around and do some stretches and take pain killers. Managed about 2 hours sleep in the end. Just taken an afternoon nap after a good walk with Mya. No driving as it is aggravating the nerve. Did a couple a laps in wood.

Spent half and hour ordering some more curtain material samples. Put 22 in the basket to then find I'm only allowed to order 10.

Had a very yummy chocolate brownie pudding (Sainsbugs) last night + salted caramel Cornish ice cream. Of course, there will be more tonight.

Off to read everyone's post today. Hope you're back on line Mick

moggie57 Sun 28-Mar-21 16:09:56

forgot to put my clocks forward , oh well made the day go quicker. catching up on 402 emails ...