Gransnet forums

Chat

Delivery Slots: what is going on?!

(40 Posts)
FannyCornforth Thu 08-Apr-21 08:34:44

Hello Everyone
Sorry, it's another tiresome supermarket-based thread.

Is it just me (as they say) or are you finding it ridiculously hard to get a slot at the moment?

I'm finding it far more difficult now than even during the depths of the height of lock down.
They never seem to have any daytime slots (only early morning or late evening).

I pay for a midweek pass with Morrison's which is a complete waste of money as I can never reserve a slot.

On a more positive note; I've just placed my first order with Morrison's via Amazon. I placed it at 7am and the offered delivery today from 10am!

JaneJudge Thu 08-Apr-21 11:28:17

Another vote for Iceland, they have loads of slots which they release each day. They do a brilliant range these days too, lots of lovely fresh food also (just in case you didn't know)

I have an ocado mid week smart pass and find I have to book the slots in advance or I cannot get one. So I just put high value items in and check out and then go back to edit it before the delivery, I imagine you can do that with morrisons as they use the same system? You can book 4 slots in advance.

JaneJudge Thu 08-Apr-21 11:29:51

It is also worth registering with a milkman, ours seems to deliver all sorts. Our vegetable box scheme also delivers bread, milk, eggs and meat boxes, so there are other options to supermarkets if you prefer

2020convert Thu 08-Apr-21 11:29:59

kittylester

I can book Sainsbury's 2 weeks ahead.

I have used Morrison's via Amazon for wine blush and am very impressed but the wine was more expensive than the same wine in Sainsbury's.

Try Amazon itself for wine, rather than Morrison’s through Amazon, especially if you’re a Prime member

Elusivebutterfly Thu 08-Apr-21 11:30:06

I find Sainsburys usually has plenty of slots. If they don't, I use Iceland. I used Tesco for years but cancelled my delivery saver as could never get slots since the first lockdown. Now Tesco sometimes has slots. I've not tried other shops and Amazon Fresh doesn't deliver in my area.

mamaa Thu 08-Apr-21 11:34:31

Hi * Fanny* I used to be a monthly delivery with Ocado and then when Lockdown 1 happened they were very good and I managed to get a weekly delivery without too much bother.
I do pay monthly (£6.49) for a delivery pass, I regard it as worth it and I think it helped get regular slots.
However, more exciting is that in February they put me onto the Ocado Reserved list, whereby I have the same weekly delivery time reserved by them unless I pause it ( away on holiday, haha, for example) or cancel.
Morrisons have also been reliable and I use them sometimes to top up on branded goods I cant get from Ocado, but which we like to have- toiletries and cleaning products mainly.
Hope things are good with your Amazon order- I read about them starting the collaboration a good idea isnt it.

annsixty Thu 08-Apr-21 12:35:10

Sainsbury’s now offer 4 hour slots for £1
You book a slot say8am till noon, 11 till 3 etc and early in the morning you get a 1 hour slot emailed to you..
It is easier to get than a specified one hour and obviously cheaper even than a pass.

Maggiemaybe Thu 08-Apr-21 12:41:19

I get the £1 Sainsburys slots as well, annsixty. Even better, if you're spending over £100, are the free deliveries after 2pm on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I only do fortnightly orders, so these work for us.

Lexisgranny Thu 08-Apr-21 12:56:29

Found Asda the most reliable re time and correct goods delivered/appropriate substitutions We are expecting an order today and have the same day of the week/time slot booked for 3 further deliveries.

YorkLady Thu 08-Apr-21 13:07:28

No problems here either. Mainly use Tesco and Ocado. Also find Iceland have lots of slots available.

FannyCornforth Thu 08-Apr-21 13:11:51

Well, my Amazon / Morrison's order has just arrived (I chose the 12-2 slot).

What an amazing service! ?

muse Thu 08-Apr-21 13:22:45

Did a 6 month pass with Morrisons during the first lockdown. Waste of money then

No problems with Sainsbury's roughly weekly delivery or my occasional Morrisons click and collect. Which I started doing six months ago. Both of which have been during daylight hours especially for the delivery as there are no street lamps where we live.

I pay £1 saver slot every time I book with Sainsbury's. One of us is always in.

Agree, it could depend on area FC. My Sainsbury's one can come from the other end of the county.(1.5 hrs driven away). My local one is never used - too small.

muse Thu 08-Apr-21 19:51:49

annsixty

Sainsbury’s now offer 4 hour slots for £1
You book a slot say8am till noon, 11 till 3 etc and early in the morning you get a 1 hour slot emailed to you..
It is easier to get than a specified one hour and obviously cheaper even than a pass.

That's the one I use too. I've sometimes got a slot 5 days in advance but we tend to only need a delivery every 7 - 10 days. I like Sainsbury's as I can refuse substitutes in advance.

cornergran Thu 08-Apr-21 22:43:22

It is very area dependent. We have had no problem getting Morrisons deliveries , I can book three weeks ahead. Strangely this area isn’t served by the Amazon/Morrisons combination. Asda and Waitrose have also been regularly available. Sainsbury and Tesco more difficult to get in this area unless a regular customer and shielding. I have a pattern now, one Waitrose, one Asda and two Morrisons deliveries in a four week period. Pleased you’re sorted for this week fanny. It is horribly stressful hunting for a slot.

BlueSapphire Sat 10-Apr-21 12:12:42

No problem with Sainsbury's; I have a midweek pass and can usually get the slot I want. Mind you I do tend to book a slot two weeks ahead to be on the safe side.