Gransnet forums

Chat

Delivery Slots: what is going on?!

(39 Posts)
FannyCornforth Thu 08-Apr-21 08:34:44

Hello Everyone
Sorry, it's another tiresome supermarket-based thread.

Is it just me (as they say) or are you finding it ridiculously hard to get a slot at the moment?

I'm finding it far more difficult now than even during the depths of the height of lock down.
They never seem to have any daytime slots (only early morning or late evening).

I pay for a midweek pass with Morrison's which is a complete waste of money as I can never reserve a slot.

On a more positive note; I've just placed my first order with Morrison's via Amazon. I placed it at 7am and the offered delivery today from 10am!

dragonfly46 Thu 08-Apr-21 08:38:39

I use Ocado and Sainsburys so far with no problems.

Iam64 Thu 08-Apr-21 08:40:01

I’m with Tesco, the only supermarket that accepted my CEV status last spring. It’s increasingly difficult to get a delivery slot.

suziewoozie Thu 08-Apr-21 08:41:08

I suppose it must be supermarket dependent and maybe also area? How far ahead can you book? Morrison’s don’t deliver in my area so I’ve no experience of them.

Shandy57 Thu 08-Apr-21 08:44:01

My friend and now neighbour bought an Asda pass and stayed up until 1 am to get her regular slot. She orders for three or four other people who are still shielding, and then drives it to them. She is a wonderful woman, I wouldn't want the responsibility.

Any chance of you teaming up with someone? Would make the driver's life a lot easier if the supermarkets did analyse their delivery areas and co-ordinate orders from the same road, I felt sorry for the Tesco man. He was in our road at 10 am, then 9 pm, just zigzagging around this huge county.

kittylester Thu 08-Apr-21 08:48:19

I can book Sainsbury's 2 weeks ahead.

I have used Morrison's via Amazon for wine blush and am very impressed but the wine was more expensive than the same wine in Sainsbury's.

FannyCornforth Thu 08-Apr-21 08:49:15

Shandy they show you on the website when they are already booked for deliveries in your area.
They have also started ringing when they are in the area asking if they can come earlier.
I prefer to use Ocado to Morrisons, but they are even more tricky to book with.
I also have a delivery pass with them! ?

Berylsgranny Thu 08-Apr-21 08:53:03

I use Waitrose and so far no problems.

Maggiemaybe Thu 08-Apr-21 09:10:32

No problems at all with booking a Sainsburys delivery here - I’ve just got one for Tuesday and had my pick of any day from Monday, at virtually any time, with some slots still free at the weekend.

What I did have trouble with was the stuttering, buffering website, which I’ve experienced before.

BlueSky Thu 08-Apr-21 09:12:15

I’ve always used Sainsbury’s and so far no problem as long as you book as soon as the slots become available. Tried Waitrose but it’s usually late night or early morning so I’ll stick with Sainsbury’s.

Largolass Thu 08-Apr-21 09:27:12

I've had a weekly delivery from Sainsbury's same day and time for the last 13 months and slots are booked for the next two weeks. Absolutely no difficulties in my area and plenty of slots available for tomorrow.

annsixty Thu 08-Apr-21 09:34:03

Same scenario here with Sainsbury’s, no problem at all.
Weekly delivery on Friday for years now.

FannyCornforth Thu 08-Apr-21 09:44:04

Ah, so it appears that it is indeed just me!

Megs36 Thu 08-Apr-21 10:08:12

Iceland are very good, don’t stock everything but most stuff that we need and if something is missing (rarely) you can ring a real person and it’s sorted out ASAP.

Puzzler61 Thu 08-Apr-21 10:10:25

No problem in my area with Sainsbury’s.
I’ve bought delivery passes from them for the past 2 years and always get a choice of slots. Yes, the more popular times go quickly but I just book week to week/or fortnight.

GreyKnitter Thu 08-Apr-21 10:13:45

We use Tesco and we haven’t had any problems. Also, because I could, I looked at M and S via Ocado and in our area you can now get a delivery almost any day and time. Charge varies according to the day and time and over a certain amount is free. Might be worth a look - they don’t only sell M and S and seems a huge range of stuff.

Savvy Thu 08-Apr-21 10:20:40

I haven't had any problems this week. I got a morrisons delivery on Monday and everything I wanted was there which was a nice surprise.

I tend to book a couple of days in advance in case there's anything I've forgotten so I can amend the order if I need to.

I usually book a slot around the time the schools kick the kids out so it's cheaper.

FannyCornforth Thu 08-Apr-21 10:21:34

GreyKnitter Ocado are my shop of choice. I've been with them for about five years.
They are brilliant - they sell everything! I highly recommend them. Their delivery drivers are the best and (shh?) they provide bags too.
I've just managed to get a slot with them for Saturday afternoon. Happy FC! ?

rosie1959 Thu 08-Apr-21 10:33:40

No problem with Tesco I have a delivery pass on book around 4 weeks in advance so booked up now to the end of April

Mollygo Thu 08-Apr-21 10:42:27

Glad you’ve got a delivery slot FC. I can’t help with which ones are best because I never managed to get one in Lockdown 1 so haven’t tried again.
My neighbour works at Sainsbury's. She collects a big order for another neighbour and her husband delivers it. She will get odd things for us if we ask.

Harris27 Thu 08-Apr-21 10:45:57

Iceland very good.

ElderlyPerson Thu 08-Apr-21 11:10:34

I have a delivery saver plan with Tesco, notionally £72 per year, but I pay with the triple value offer using my Clubcard vouchers , so £24 of Clubcard vouchers. I know it really is £24 as I could spend it at face value on groceries, but I feel as if I get it free!

This morning I booked for Wednesday 5 May. It seems to be that booking 3 weeks 6 days ahead is the only way of me being reasonably certain of getting a slot.

Katek Thu 08-Apr-21 11:12:38

No problem here - went on to book Sainsbury’s slot on Sunday and had choice of morning slots for the following day.

Charleygirl5 Thu 08-Apr-21 11:18:23

Iceland is really excellent but I agree, Morrisons mid week delivery can be a nightmare. I think I managed to pick up a cancellation at a reasonable time because I also hate the dawn and almost midnight deliveries.

Jaxjacky Thu 08-Apr-21 11:25:42

No problems here, Tesco, Asda or Sainsbury’s.