Gransnet forums

Chat

Any NOT had COVID injection?

(126 Posts)
Clio51 Thu 08-Apr-21 16:02:25

For any reason ?

I haven’t, I know I get flamed by some people

I just don’t think there as been enough research and testing , it was rushed far too quickly
Now things are coming out months later about how its affecting people.

AZ vaccine there’s so much on tv about it at the moment, we’re told to carry on having the injections yet a small few at the moment!! Are dying from it.

I will be having it when there’s more data about the safety of it and not be told to have by the government who cocked up at the very beginning by not closing the boarders down to incoming like Australia did right at the start.
The amount of money the government wasted we had the track & trace which was a shambles for one.

3nanny6 Thu 08-Apr-21 17:06:27

Amberone : The government does not tell me what to eat how to keep fit what to think and what to say. I have a mind of my own and am perfectly capable of doing those things myself.
Strange you were not even registered with a doctor it does not take long to do that.
My brother moved house was registered with a new doctor
within 10 days and organized his vaccine after two weeks despite having to travel 2 and a half hours and that was just to get there never mind get back and was told that was the only place available at the time. Bloody disgrace this country
but my brother done it because he wanted to be vaccinated.

timetogo2016 Thu 08-Apr-21 17:08:03

Well Clio51 i am with you as are a few of my friends.
I don`t think it`s been pushed through far too fast.
That being said....
I am waiting to hear from my Gp as to whether i can have it as i am allergic to ALL medication,so does that make me selfish or should i have it and possibly leave this earth just to make some Gransnetters happy,NO.
It`s each to their own,
I would NEVER tell anybody they are being selfish for making the right decision for them.
If my Gp says have it,have it i shall.

nanaK54 Thu 08-Apr-21 17:08:52

Clio51

I’m not saying I WONT have it, I’m just saying I haven’t had it yet.
I want the Pfizer and have asked each week when it’s on what there using that day
Upto now it’s been AZ, from when I got my date through.
I have done everything else asked, masked, gel, etc 2 metre distance

Have a go at those that meet others, walk right past you in the shops, queue right next to you, so you have to say” can you move back pls”
Don’t say it must be where I live, because you will always get people that don’t like being told what to do

Everyone is allowed an opinion and if you don’t like mine
Then don’t read it reply
easy
People don’t tell the truth in fear of what people think of them

With respect that's an odd reaction, didn't you start this thread for discussion?
Anyway, yes, I have had my first AZ and can't wait for my second.
If only my dear brother-in-law had been vaccinated, he died of Covid in January, way before his time

timetogo2016 Thu 08-Apr-21 17:11:56

Ps, sorry i DO think it`s been pushed through too fast.

JenniferEccles Thu 08-Apr-21 17:12:28

Please Clio read a reputable publication describing in detail just how the vaccines were produced so quickly yet safely.

Have you been sucked in by the anti vaxx brigade by any chance?

Even if you hate the government please believe and trust the many clever, dedicated scientists who have worked round the clock to produce these life saving vaccines, and make no mistake, many thousands of lives have been saved, and will continue to be saved unless too many misguided people think like you.

Alegrias1 Thu 08-Apr-21 17:14:32

What an odd OP. Ah well.

I saw something online today that made me smile. The people who think its too much of a risk to take the vaccine. They're like the people who think doing the lottery is an alternative to having a pension.

I'll just stop there.

janeainsworth Thu 08-Apr-21 17:18:20

Everyone is allowed an opinion and if you don’t like mine Then don’t read it

Yes Clio but your opinion will only be respected if you back it up with evidence, logic and reasoning.

Peasblossom Thu 08-Apr-21 17:21:37

I’m just wondering Clio, whether you will reject the treatments for Covid, should you catch it or whether you will think they are too risky too?

Would you have any conscience about exposing medical staff to your infection? Or would you consider it a risk they should be prepared to take to treat you?

Alegrias1 Thu 08-Apr-21 17:24:37

No Jane we're in Chat. You can say what you like, I recall, and nobody is allowed to bring reality into it at all.

( sarcasm )

Kandinsky Thu 08-Apr-21 17:32:30

I have had mine but not sure I’ll have my 2nd dose ( AZ )
If I was under 40 I wouldn’t have the vaccine at all.
I too feel it’s all been very rushed and not overly confident in the AZ vaccine quite honestly.

Trisha57 Thu 08-Apr-21 17:49:07

When you have seen a relative die from a preventable disease, you are affected for the rest of your life. My mum, when she was 12, saw her brother die within hours from rapid diptheria after he had been squirted in the mouth with a water pistol that had been filled from a puddle. He was 8 years old. No diptheria vaccination was available in those days. We (her children) were vaccinated for every possible disease. We lived in London and children there were often the first to be offered a new vaccine (they were among the first in the country to be offered whooping cough vaccine, and my older brother was in that cohort.) My children have had all their vaccinations, sometimes after they had already had the disease it prevented. I despair when people refuse vaccines for whatever reason unless they are medically unable to have it.

BlueBelle Thu 08-Apr-21 18:01:24

....But it’s not been rushed through kadinski it’s been worked on for years it has been altered to accommodate this new strain of Covid
timetogo read my sentence above re the length of time of working on the vaccines around they were already in the scientific world just needed changing and testing
however if I was allergic to ALL medications I don’t think I d have a vaccination either, mind you it would be worrying if you were unfortunate enough to catch Covid as you would nt be able to have the medications to fight it either ? A real difficult one for you and that I understand hopefully your doctor will know the answer I m surprised you haven’t discussed it with him/her a long time ago

Blossoming Thu 08-Apr-21 18:16:38

I’m not really sure of the purpose of your question Clio but at the risk of a double negative my answer is ‘no’. I have had the AZ vaccine because I am clinically vulnerable and I don’t want to die just yet. The only thing that would have prevented me from having it would have advice not to from my medical team.

PamelaJ1 Thu 08-Apr-21 18:17:01

When I had my first AZ vaccine I felt so relieved. Everyday since then I have been grateful that I have some protection. I will be so happy to have my second one on May 6th. I have just booked a staycation in Yorkshire in June and would not have felt so confident about going if I had not had both.

Your, and your friends attitude is so difficult to understand. Do you ever listen to the virologist Chris Smith? His explanations on the vaccine are easy to understand.and he addresses the fears like yours very well.

If I get the virus I am a lot less likely to be very ill. If I get it and, somehow, pass it to you then you may be very, very sick. I’d far rather be in my position than yours.

Elegran Thu 08-Apr-21 18:44:08

Your reservations have all been discussed on Gransnet (and elsewhere) over and over again, Clio, so I suspect that you posted largely for one of two reasons. either for the pleasure of seeing your username and post "in print", or to renew the same old arguments again among posters.

That porridge has been well and truly stirred in the weeks gone by. If you missed all the previous discussions (have you been hibernating?), use the searchbox to find all the old threads.

Ellianne Thu 08-Apr-21 18:51:22

timetogo2016

Well Clio51 i am with you as are a few of my friends.
I don`t think it`s been pushed through far too fast.
That being said....
I am waiting to hear from my Gp as to whether i can have it as i am allergic to ALL medication,so does that make me selfish or should i have it and possibly leave this earth just to make some Gransnetters happy,NO.
It`s each to their own,
I would NEVER tell anybody they are being selfish for making the right decision for them.
If my Gp says have it,have it i shall.

No one has said you are being selfish, as you have good reason not to rush into any jab without medical advice. I totally understand that as our family are also busy researching about a condition should the time come for DGC to be vaccinated.
Did the OP say she had had bad past experiences of vaccinations? I don't think so.

Jaffacake2 Thu 08-Apr-21 18:54:36

Aged 25years old
Risk of blood clots from vaccine 11 in a million
Risk of dying from covid 23 in a million
Aged 55years
Risk of dying from blood clots from vaccine 4 in a million
Risk of dying from covid 800 in a million

The numbers really make the point. I had the vaccine although I suffer from anaphylaxis to many drugs and foods. But I risk assessed the dangers and knew it was worth it.

Lucca Thu 08-Apr-21 18:56:22

3nanny6

Maybee70 In your reply you say maybe if people had the sense to be vaccinated, wear masks, etc there would be no need for a nanny state.
I have had the vaccine and have been wearing masks for over a year also I buy the latex gloves and use when shopping so I do not touch too many things. Some of these things have worked out a small fortune but I have still done it. I am annoyed that we may now have to have an app on
a phone to go into some shops, I don't even use a mobile phone. We have been using shops for over a year of Covid
and why should we have to have more restrictions added to what we do it is just bullying.

Can’t bear this attitude sorry. It’s not bullying to be asked to respect restrictions for the greater good. I wish people like you. Pups be more community minded frankly.

Lucca Thu 08-Apr-21 18:58:59

Kandinsky

I have had mine but not sure I’ll have my 2nd dose ( AZ )
If I was under 40 I wouldn’t have the vaccine at all.
I too feel it’s all been very rushed and not overly confident in the AZ vaccine quite honestly.

With respect Kandinsky I have heard and read many times that it has not been rushed, it has undergone all the statutory tests and procedures.

Lucca Thu 08-Apr-21 19:00:45

timetogo2016

Ps, sorry i DO think it`s been pushed through too fast.

You. ”think “. You don’t “know”. As has been discussed and written about many times.

Lucca Thu 08-Apr-21 19:02:25

* Everyone is allowed an opinion and if you don’t like mine
Then don’t read it reply*

So we should just read your opening post and not say anything unless we agree ? I didn’t think that was how this forum worked.

Jane43 Thu 08-Apr-21 19:06:53

Do you have the annual flu jab? If you do I can’t see why you wouldn’t want the Covid jab. The flu jab was new once, so were the polio, shingles and many other vaccinations which we have accepted without question.

emmasnan Thu 08-Apr-21 19:19:01

Clio If you need treatment due to catching Covid, will you accept and feel comfortable with that?

varian Thu 08-Apr-21 19:24:16

We are both celebrating having had our second jabs today.

We are celebrating for ourselves and also for the whole community, including people like the OP who, if she is anywhere near us will have some protection from our jabs, but if she gets to near other vaccine hesitant folk like her, will not be protected.

Lucca Thu 08-Apr-21 19:29:45

Lucca

3nanny6

Maybee70 In your reply you say maybe if people had the sense to be vaccinated, wear masks, etc there would be no need for a nanny state.
I have had the vaccine and have been wearing masks for over a year also I buy the latex gloves and use when shopping so I do not touch too many things. Some of these things have worked out a small fortune but I have still done it. I am annoyed that we may now have to have an app on
a phone to go into some shops, I don't even use a mobile phone. We have been using shops for over a year of Covid
and why should we have to have more restrictions added to what we do it is just bullying.

Can’t bear this attitude sorry. It’s not bullying to be asked to respect restrictions for the greater good. I wish people like you. Pups be more community minded frankly.

Pups ????? Could .