Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(136 Posts)
12Michael Wed 28-Apr-21 06:08:04

Good Morning Everyone,
Its bright but grey skies overhead after overnight rain here in brackley this morning.
Today, a quiet day with a small shop , and watch cycling later.
Yesterdays trip out was OK , but have yet to bump into some familiar faces to myself from work .
Have a quiet day ebveryone,
Take Care,
Mick

Marydoll Thu 29-Apr-21 08:23:29

AAArgh wrong Day!!!

Marydoll Thu 29-Apr-21 08:18:25

Good morning all from a cold, but sunny Glasgow.

Laura, sorry to hear you are having a break, but you must do what's best for you. Hope to see you posting again the future.
Baubles, I'm so envious. ? A West End visit is on DD's and my list post lockdown.
I used to make my trips to the Western Infirmary, a whole day event and combine my appointment with with a spot of shopping and dining! Happy days indeed! Enjoy!

I'm pretty wiped out today. I have gone from splendid isolation to splendid busyness! I don't know if I like it! ?
My telephone consultation took one hour and forty five minutes yesterday! ? All through it my phone kept beeping! It was DD urging me to phone yet again about my jab.
I did and was immediately offered my appointment for today!
Later on my phone rang, offering me yet another appointment. Just like buses, nothing for ages, then they all come along at once! What a shambles my surgery is.

Just sat down and the phone rang again. The new decking installer phoned to say he couldn't get the colour I wanted, did I want to compromise, as there is a huge shortage of materials, post lockdown.
I happened to mention we need new patio doors and he said they really needed to be done first. Back to the door installers, who said they were swamped and we were on the list, but it is a very long list!!! Phone calls back and forth, until it was partly resolved. Where was MrMDoll, in all of this?????. He was nowhere to be seen. Oh I forgot, such mundane tasks are below his pay grade, as his PA, I had to make the decisions my self. ?

Lovely news from B9Ex, I hope all is well. GM on the advice of posters here, I bought one of those garden kneelers which can be turned into a seat, it has been worth its weight in gold!.
Sar hoping your husband is OK after his bump, grandmajet that your phone consultation goes well and such sad news from Elliane. ?

I'm off to wash my short, short hair. ( Which I'm now regretting) It should take all of two minutes to dry it, as opposed to the previously hour long hair washing session.
To add to my glam look, I am going to wear make up and jewellery! After all, going to the surgery is my first official event, since stopping shielding! ???
DH is more excited than I am.? Now how can I persuade him to make a detour via TK Maxx? wink

I shall come back later and read the posts properly. I'm having terrible problems, posting on GN with my tablet and this has taken me ages to do! ?

Wishing you all a pleasant day, whatever your plans.

Blossoming Thu 29-Apr-21 01:08:40

Oh bless her, wonderful that they will be home soon too ❤️

B9exchange Thu 29-Apr-21 00:52:34

Thank you all, you have really been wonderful support! It is a little girl, 7lb 80z, very short brown hair, I have seen a picture, she is beautiful, and Mum is absolutely shattered!

There was more than usual blood loss and the rush into Theatre again, but this time for a Ventouse, which was successful, and Mum and baby should be home tomorrow. Phew! grin I have asked DS if I can share a photo, but my family are very concerned, not unnaturally, about photos of their children on the internet, so will have to wait and see. But thanks again everyone!

Dwmxwg Wed 28-Apr-21 19:52:03

Congratulations B9exchange to you and all your family

Blossoming Wed 28-Apr-21 19:51:51

Congratulations!

CherryCezzy Wed 28-Apr-21 19:48:56

Congratulations to your DiL, you and the rest of the family B9exchange, "it's a baby" ?

ginny Wed 28-Apr-21 19:42:37

B9. Wonderful. ! Congratulations to all. Look forward to more details.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 28-Apr-21 19:34:36

Congratulations to you and your family B9 ??‍♀️

grandMattie Wed 28-Apr-21 19:16:07

So pleased for everyone, B9. ❤️

Susan56 Wed 28-Apr-21 18:57:11

Congratulations B9???

Sar53 Wed 28-Apr-21 18:55:50

Congratulations B9, wonderful news xxx

Grandmabatty Wed 28-Apr-21 18:51:36

That's excellent news B! Congratulations to you all x

Urmstongran Wed 28-Apr-21 18:42:48

I just popped back to see if there was any news.

Woohoo‼️ Great news B9! I’m so happy for you all. Your relief at baby’s safe arrival is palpable! Congratulations.
x

Marydoll Wed 28-Apr-21 18:40:31

Lovely news B9Ex!

LauraNorder Wed 28-Apr-21 18:39:19

Congratulations B9, wonderful news
?

dragonfly46 Wed 28-Apr-21 18:32:25

Congratulations B9

gillgran Wed 28-Apr-21 18:23:10

Congratulations B9exchange. Warm wishes to you & your family. flowers

Ashcombe Wed 28-Apr-21 18:04:47

What happy news from you, B9exchange!
Such a relief to hear and indeed an answer to prayer! Putting the kettle on? Raising a glass of something stronger later, perhaps!!
Congratulations! flowers

Nannagarra Wed 28-Apr-21 18:00:46

Many congratulations B9exchange. Hope mum and baby are doing well and that DS doesn’t leave you in suspense for too long.
???

Litterpicker Wed 28-Apr-21 17:52:59

Had to check and see if there was news and there is ?. Congratulations to you all B9exchange. I hope you hear soon if it’s a GS or GD! ?

Grandmajean Wed 28-Apr-21 17:52:25

Many congratulationsB9exchange

brook2704 Wed 28-Apr-21 17:50:14

That’s really wonderful news B9!
A big congratulations and I hope your DiL and baby are both doing well
You can relax a bit now ?

Jaxjacky Wed 28-Apr-21 17:47:47

My warmest congratulations B9exchange much better result for all. X

B9exchange Wed 28-Apr-21 17:39:50

Just had a text from DS. Baby is out, via Ventouse, thank goodness, prayers answered! But he hasn't told me if it is a boy or a girl, just says he will update us later! He did this last time, and we didn't hear from him for 48 hours. There was a good reason then, but as things have gone better this time, hope he doesn't leave it that long! grin Off to put the kettle on....