Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(82 Posts)
12Michael Tue 04-May-21 06:05:35

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry and windy here in Brackley this morning , with some cloud as well .
Today , usual housework etc, and then have a coffee mid morning, before I get the bus to Bicester .
I will have an hour in bicester , before returning home .
Take Care,
Mick

CherryCezzy Tue 04-May-21 07:43:43

Happy birthday to your DS Grammaretto ?

BlueSapphire Tue 04-May-21 07:43:55

Good morning everyone from a very windy Northampton; everything is really wet after yesterday's heavy rain. At least there's no watering for me today.
A day of nothing yesterday, apart from making a good start on my new book club read. Can't wait to pick it up again later.
Just the usual stuff today, except I have a man calling round at 6pm to have a look at a couple of trees that need pruning.
Hoping today is kind to all.
Enjoy your hair appointment Urmston, mine is tomorrow.

Oopsadaisy1 Tue 04-May-21 07:46:01

Good morning everyone from a gloomy Oxfordshire, gales and torrential rain most of yesterday and it looks as though there is more to come, so another lazy day today. Asthma problem is improving so I might do some housework later today, or I might read yet another book.
Hope everyone with worries as a calmer day.

kittylester Tue 04-May-21 07:50:45

Good morning all from a slightly less wet and windy than yesterday North Leicestershire.

Today we have the Wondrous Wolfie while his mummy has a RL meeting. This afternoon I am helping at a Zoom Memory Cafe - they are usually quite lively and i need a big sit down after.

Quaaintirene, I must have missed the posts about your roof, I hope you can get everything sorted. Our hall is, at long last, redecorated and the roof leak fixed 18 months after the hall ceiling fell down while we were away. You will get there.

Hope you are ok, dragonfly and that Dexter's op goes well.

Alygran Tue 04-May-21 07:53:02

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It’s cold and windy today.
DD2 has just left. She is going into the office today and will head home this afternoon. It’s been lovely to have her company for a few days especially yesterday when it was very wet.
Putting the spare room back to it’s empty state this morning.
Lunchtime meeting for my charity. The plan is outdoors but the weather may be against us.
Hope everyone has a good day. Stay safe.

brook2704 Tue 04-May-21 07:56:41

Good morning everyone from my last morning in Cambridge, I’ve had the most lovely time but I’m travelling home today.
Thank you gaga and all for your kind messages and a safe journey for your DD and Sil harrigran
I hope Dexters and Freddie’s ops go well today dragonfly and dwm
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles, hope today is gentle and take care all whatever the day brings ?

Gingster Tue 04-May-21 07:58:46

Good morning all and what a wet blustery night it was.
I’m just back from booking an appointment for DH at the surgery. As we can never get through on the phone, the alternative is to go there when the doors open at 7 o’clock. Having been told by my DS1 that he got there once at 6,45 and was 10th in the queue and all the appointments had gone, I ventured up there at 6.30. Not a soul in sight! Pouring with rain and blowing a hoolie. ?. Anyway I got a 9.30 appointment . ?.

Lots of birthdays today including my lovely twin Gs. They are 15 today, tall and skinny and handsome! (Not biased at all) . They were like little skinned rabbits when they were born. 4lb 8ozs and 4lb 15ozs. Happy birthday to all and May 4th be with you.

DDIL and 2 Teen gds came round for a couple of hours yesterday while DDS1 and DH watched a footie match. To avoid the girls being in their phones the whole time, I got the old photo albums out and we all had a good laugh at their dad as a youngster. Then I got the really old ones out and was able to show them their great grandparents and the great great grandparents.

Hope the doggy ops go well today . ??

Safe journey for Brook and Ash. ? ?

Keep well, safe and happy ?

Marydoll Tue 04-May-21 08:01:49

Good morning all, I'm just feeling a bit grim just now, it will pass.

It's my DD's birthday today also and I'm summoning up all my energy to put on a face. I don't want to spoil it for her.

Dragonfly glad to see you back home and hope Dexter's op goes well.
Have a good day all.

Pittcity Tue 04-May-21 08:06:32

Good morning from a wet and windy Colchester. The sun is shining at the moment but I can hear the wind whistling.
The supermarket is today's outing. DH plans to go fishing but I don't know if the weather will put him off. The weekly shop costs much more when he tags along.
Sending love to all x

dragonfly46 Tue 04-May-21 08:07:30

Marydoll and Harrigan flowers and hugs.

Urmstongran Tue 04-May-21 08:10:22

Ashcombe like most town centres we have a proliferation of hair salons and nail bars! I dare say we need them - some things can’t be done on line.

This is the one I’m off to.

thehairbank.co.uk/

ginny Tue 04-May-21 08:13:13

Good morning all. Gloomy here in N. Bucks the rain has stopped for now but still very blustery.
MarydollHope you feel better as the day goes on.
We managed lunch out with MIL and DD2, luckily we sat under a proper roof and had taken blankets. At least we got out for a while.
Not much planned for today. Quick trip to the Post office, some ironing and a few house jobs. Then I hope to finish a crocheted blanket.
Hope you all find a ? today.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 04-May-21 08:15:19

Morning Mick and all

Hoping Dexter and Freddie’s ops go well.
Marydoll don’t overdo things, looking forward to one of your novella’s soon. Dragonfly you also need to rest after your hospital adventure.

We have The Imp today and the weather forecast is dire, 40mph winds and rainy ☔️? looks like trying to entertain him indoors ?

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?

grandMattie Tue 04-May-21 08:16:37

Gosh, such expensive cuts! I had mine done on Tuesday and a dry cut has gone up to the frankly horrifically expensive £12.50!

GrannyGravy13 Tue 04-May-21 08:17:23

Urms go for the pixie-cut on their online pro-mo ??‍♀️

baubles Tue 04-May-21 08:18:53

Good morning Mick, morning all from a very dreich South Lanarkshire.

Hello Quaint, sorry to hear you’ve had problems with your roof, I hope you get your loan sorted out.

Best wishes to Dexterdog and Freddiedog for their ops today.

Urns my cut and blow dry last week was £40 which I thought was a bit steep, apparently it included a charge for my PPE which consisted of a disposable plastic apron. Actually I reckon they’ve had to put up the prices in an effort to recoup some of their losses which is fair enough.

Safe journey home brook.

Thinking of harrigran, Marydoll, Auntiflo and everyone coping with illness, worries or sorrow. May we all find a little something to make us smile today.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 04-May-21 08:19:57

I had my cut, high/low lights and wash, blow dry at a small hairdressers in my road, £110!! Nothing fancy, not even a cup of tea and a biscuits.

Lins1066 Tue 04-May-21 08:20:45

Good morning Mick and all. It is dry here on the S Welsh coast.
A Tesco delivery this morning, then we are having our hair cut. We are also having our second vaccines this afternoon, such excitement.
Glad to hear that you are home dragonfly and hope that Dexter will have a successful operation.
Hope you are ok Cherry.
Stay safe everyone.

Lins1066 Tue 04-May-21 08:24:19

Good luck to Freddie too for his hip op today Dwm.

Urmstongran Tue 04-May-21 08:26:25

I thought he was having his nadgers cut off?

Susan56 Tue 04-May-21 08:26:44

Good morning Mick and all from Staffordshire.

It’s a very wet and blustery morning so not the most pleasant of journeys over here today.We were surprised that the fire at a recycling plant at the side of the motorway which delayed us last week is still burning today.

My hair cut and colour cost £84?quite an increase and we are in a little market town not a big city.I do like how my stylist cuts my hair so will keep going to the same salon.Lockdown has taught me I don’t need to have my hair cut and coloured every six weeks so will not be going as often.

DGS is in a very lively mood!Can’t believe it’s still only 8.20.Its too wet to go out so it’s going to be a fun day indoors?

Mary,sorry you are feeling so unwell.Hope you start to feel better as the day goes on?

Cherry, hope the kitchen fitting goes well.x

Good luck to Dexter and Freddie today????

Safe journeys to all travelling today and thoughts to all suffering illness or worried about loved ones.

Have a good day all??

Alexa Tue 04-May-21 08:26:52

I enjoyed watching from my cosy room Monday's dramatic rains and winds beating on window panes and trees . I am looking forward to Tuesday's newly sprouted grass seeds and nasturtium seeds. Pity about the darling buds of May but.

grannytilly2511 Tue 04-May-21 08:28:12

Morning everyone it’s very windy here in Somerset but dry.
Just off to pick up DGS and do the school run.
Then just a housework day .
Hope you feel better soon marydoll and anyone else who is feeling out of sorts ?
Have a good day all

Grammaretto Tue 04-May-21 08:29:04

There you are Marydoll!
Happy birthday to your DD and to Gingster's twin DGS and to my DS.
A lovely day to be born, whatever the weather.
I suggest cake, tea and a lie down.

My hair is annoyingly long but I haven't made an appointment yet. Cut and blow dry was £35 last time.
A pixie for you Urmston smile

Greyduster Tue 04-May-21 08:31:58

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from a dry but overcast South Yorkshire. We had a full day and evening of rain yesterday. Good for the crops - our local farmers must be rubbing their hands with glee. Today the plan is to do some shopping for small items of furniture we didn’t get to buy before the lockdown. My cup runneth over! We didn’t agree the last time we were looking so we probably won’t this time either! And to sample the cake I made yesterday.
My best wishes to anyone with a birthday today, and hugs to anyone that needs them. Have a good day folks.