Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Evening Sat'Day

(6 Posts)
Rufus2 Sat 08-May-21 14:29:38

How’s your voting going/ Or are you members of Kim’s band of “Golden Oldies” and abandoned it before catching double pneumonia!
Is voting compulsory like here on pain of being fined if you don’t and didn’t all elections be held on Thursdays in the past!?

Kim Were they all wearing beige cardis? grin

Jaxjacky That’s odd! I thought you were the soccer expert1 You always seem to know what you’re talking about, and thank you for your advice about taking care sticking my fingers into places. Rest assured I do and cover all bases, at least while I’m in class, otherwise Teacher might frown if I did it in front of class!

While I’m thinking about it; what happened to the daily cartoon thread? I’ve looked everywhere!

Aveline Thank you for the dictionary offer. That will be most welcome because I’ve regularly dropped hints for the need for one in order that ! can understand my saved video recordings of Taggart!
Btw we don’t need another adjective for weather; we have plenty; and whether I’m dreitched” or “drenched” to the skin I’ll still feel just as miserable. sad
Hope you get a better “room with a view ”.You won’t believe this, but I play Artie Shaw’s
version, amongst others practically all day as background therapy. It’s so smooth.
Incidentally, as part of our cultural exchange programme I’ll add a URL connecting you to some useful material for your next visit to OZ. grin

www.koalanet.com.au › australian-slang

Good Health wine wine wine
OoRoo

Aveline Sat 08-May-21 14:38:37

I love Artie Shaw. Do you vary things a bit and have a burst of Benny Goodman occasionally? Glenn Miller is my all time comfort blanket music.
It's freezing again here. The fire's on and so are my thermals and fleece. I was trying to sleep but no luck. Och.
Have a good day.

Kim19 Sat 08-May-21 14:47:25

Artic Shaw, Glen Miller.......aaaah...... lovely. Rufus, the beige cardies were well under the other layers which were even thicker right up to sheepskin outers. Bloomin' freezing here at the moment. Yes, if you're asking, I'm very envious of your temperatures right now.

Jaxjacky Sat 08-May-21 14:50:34

Hi Rufus, pleased your fingers are kept out of orifices in public! The cartoon thread is still around, I’ve just posted something. It’s not compulsory to vote here, most turnouts are less than 50% and elections are still on Thursdays. It’s rainy and windy here, has been all day, I shall traipse across soggy grass later to check if the greenhouse seedlings need watering, ironic.
Leeds just beat Spurs 3-1, Mr J is very happy!

Take care ?

Rufus2 Sat 08-May-21 15:59:36

elections are still on Thursdays

My mistake; I thought it was Saturday yesterday; it's now Sunday here! I don't think I've been asleep since Thursday! confused

Yes! Artie, Benny; love them all. I download them from YouTube in MP3 then form a playlist for burning to CD.
Mix and match with other "Oldies" is better than just one artist, otherwise, even as good as they are, it can become a bit monotonous.
Others in the mix are Bert Kaempfort, Ray Conniff, Shirley Bassey, MacArthur Park (Michael Harris, Theme from "Caravans" etc. etc.
The list goes on; Bert is playing as I type, but it's now 1.00am Sunday so until later today! grin

rafichagran Sat 08-May-21 18:56:23

Evening Rufus still waiting on the result for the London Mayor election. I was closer than people thought it would be, but it looks like Sadiq Khan will serve another term.
Stayed in today and got alot done. Laying on the settee at the moment watching the Man City, Chelsea match which is a draw at the moment.