Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(73 Posts)
12Michael Sun 09-May-21 06:09:08

Good Morning Everyone,
Its looking grey sky wise this morning , but the ground is dry after yesterdays wet weather .
I decided to stay at home yesterday ,and only later going out to get a Chinese Take Away ,although then it was a fine monsoon type of drizzle rain wise with a warm air .
Today, maybe small shop , do lunch and watch the Giro n TV which cover programmes up to around 6 tonight .
Take Care,
Mick

hulahoop Sun 09-May-21 09:44:47

Good morning from a brighter West Yorkshire hope rain stays away have bedding to dry .will try to get out today if only for a short walk ,we enjoyed having gs yesterday he is no bother really apart from mess he makes ?I was very proud that I caught a spider in catcher I usually get very hot and shakey when I see one ?

Urmstongran Sun 09-May-21 09:55:13

Shame you got side effects again Sar53. Doesn’t seem to have any rhyme or reason!

Purplepixie Sun 09-May-21 10:07:57

Good morning from a cloudy but dry east Midlands. DH doing the tea tonight, so I'm redundant. Making some quilted phone covers and maybe a walk later. Stay safe. ?

Mapleleaf Sun 09-May-21 10:10:42

Good morning all,

At least it's dry for the moment in South Yorkshire, though not sure how long it will remain so. At least it's nit feeling as cold.
It rained most of yesterday and I expect the farmers are grateful. It seems to me as if April and May are in reverse this year.

Not a lot on the agenda today, but may pop out for some paint for our bedroom - it's in desperate need of a freshen up. I said on another thread, decorating here is done on a "needs must" basis - well, we've got to that point ?.

Hope you all have a good Sunday.

NannyJan53 Sun 09-May-21 10:11:04

Good morning from a very warm albeit cloudy Black Country.

MrJan is off on a group bike ride. I have just made some apple scones, they are rising nicely. So now having a cuppa and contemplating what to do next. May call my friend to see if she fancies a walk.

Went to look at Next furniture yesterday, in the quest to find the perfect sofa. There is so much choice, but we may decide to go with the one at Loaf. It has to be right, as it will have to last many years!

It is my 2nd jab tomorrow, I cannot wait! Who would have thought I would have been so excited to have a jab in 2019?

Wishing you all a great day. Not read all the posts yet, so will do so later.

Nannagarra Sun 09-May-21 10:16:25

Having lots of problems posting from grey and cold Sefton today.
Pix of wonderful NGS garden I visited yesterday should appear.
Nothing much planned for today. Hope you find a flamingo or two.

Blossoming Sun 09-May-21 10:17:19

Good morning all from a drier Lancashire. Lots of cloud, but it’s white and fluffy. No rain forecast, and we are hoping to do a few jobs in the garden this afternoon. Glad you’re feeling chipper after your 2nd vaccine Urmstongran. Hope everyone has a peaceful Sunday.

Lins1066 Sun 09-May-21 10:18:09

Good morning Mick and all, dry here on the S Welsh coast, the garden looks lovely and green after the much needed rain yesterday. I don't want any more though.
Mr Lins intends watching the Grand Prix and I will join Urm's lazygran's gang.
Beef casserole for supper.
Take care everyone.

Marydoll Sun 09-May-21 10:18:21

Purplepixie, thank you for reminding me that I need to order a new phone cover! wink

Urmstongran Sun 09-May-21 10:33:51

Blossoming ?

Plus, due to forward planning I don’t even have a Sunday lunch to make!

Gwenisgreat1 Sun 09-May-21 10:51:52

Good Morning all from cloudy Harrogate, tomorrow we are off to cloudy Lake District - our first venture away since February last year. We will be staying near Penrith which I like, it has the best delicatessen that you will find anywhere!
I have just finished a Lee Childs book which I enjoyed, must look for your book Urms sounds good.
I've got the slow cooker going so not much to do for eats tonight, though I might do some baking.
I'm shocked you don't hear from your vicar - my minister retired in January, but I've joined 2 church zoom meetings, one coffee morning and weekly emails from the church secretary. I will partake the virtual church sermon this morning. When church is open to the congregation end of this month - I'll have to remember to stop baking at the service!!!
I agree EllanVannin. Yellow is a joyeous colour, it heralds summer!
Lovely Photos Nannagarra your garden?

Finally got DH's Macbook and iphone sorted, no thanks at all to virginmedia, they suggested he should pay £20 fee and £5 per month to received his emails!!!!!!!! Told them where to go. I told them he was going to have to pack his desktop PC to get emails when we are away - they couldn't care less!!
Personally I think we have tolerated Virginmedia far too long, but DH loves them so wont change. He may change his mind now!!
I have managed to make an appointment to take my phone to Leeds when we get back.
If you don't hear from me in the next few days, don't worry, I might just be enjoying myself!

Keep well folks, have the best day you can.

Roses Sun 09-May-21 10:54:30

Good morning everyone dry here at the moment but don't think it will last.
Busy day for me as I'm going to pot up all my begonias and hope we don't get any more frost.
Hope you all have a good day

ginny Sun 09-May-21 11:08:42

A rather late Good Morning. Dry here and not too chilly so hopefully a short walk in a while.
Marydoll I love your posts. I’ve had a few health issues the last few months and whenever I’m feeling a bit down I think of you and give myself a talking to.
Not much else planned today.
DH has gone to collect our tourer caravan. It is coming home for a few days beauty treatment. New wheels, a clean and check over. Easy dinner of Steak and roast veg later.

muse Sun 09-May-21 11:09:51

Good morning Mick and all from Cornwall. I can see a little sun smile

I do not want another day like yesterday ever again.

We have SiL calling to see us this afternoon. He's up our neck of the woods doing a ride. Your son Gaga would enjoy the track he's going. I will have the bunting out as he's our first family/friend visit this year.

I have started to try and have a serious talk with MrM about our house build. Asked him a question yesterday and all I got was silence.

I will keep my spirits up today and not let them wane.

Take care everyone.

Nannagarra Sun 09-May-21 11:25:17

Wish it were my garden Gwen. I was lucky to visit it yesterday as part of the National Garden Scheme which raises money for charity.

Nannytopsy Sun 09-May-21 11:28:28

Manic morning here in Suffolk. It’s very warm and we have DS’s two dogs until this afternoon. They are big and clumsy Pointers who charge through the vegetable beds. They arrived an hour early so we had to chase around putting up screening to keep them off the newly planted veg and the onions and shallots. I am hoping they will settle down soon.
I shall read and catch up later.
Have a good day.

muse Sun 09-May-21 12:15:06

Purplepixie. Phone cover. That reminds me I must get a better one for my new phone. Perhaps a padded (quilted) one that is wrapped all the way round the phone would suit my carelessness. Dropped the last two. They do not like our tiled floor.

Marydoll What a frantic, energetic, exasperating day you had. You've tired me out, reading all that you did ☺️

Nanagara Thank you for the beautiful garden photos. I'm now planning my next day out to Trebah Gardens (about an hour's drive). It's rated as being in the top 80 best gardens in the world. Cornwall has its beach but I absolutely love the gardens here. I love my walks on the south west coastal path but the gardens are equally enjoyable.

Urmston It's a good feeling to get all dosed up. Pleased you had no side effects. Book titles are noted. I've just started "The Hoarder" that was recommended by someone on GN.

Jaxjacky Sun 09-May-21 12:18:41

Enjoy your break to the Lakes Grannygreat hope it stays a bit dry.
Since I last posted I’ve ordered window boxes and trailing geraniums, this internet has a lot to answer for!

Nannytopsy Sun 09-May-21 13:09:01

What a lovely garden! I am trying to think of evergreens which will give my herbaceous borders some winter structure but most of them get too big. Those azaleas are lovely.

CherryCezzy Sun 09-May-21 13:38:25

Good afternoon everyone. Very cloudy and foreboding in the Gower today, not much chance of my ? reaching you Lins.

My tablet has been playing up! When I came on gn this morning I thought I was experiencing deja vu as I was faced with yesterday's threads ?. I tried again and had a blank gn confused. After a bit of tinkering it seems fine now ?

A quiet day in for us today. My footie team plays this afternoon and we really need that win. I won't cross my fingers and tempt fate ... . Precooked beef and steamed veg' for dinner later. Should be okay but I can't wait for my kitchen back.

Marydoll you don't half make me laugh as you don't do things by half. Infuriating incident with your safe ?. I remember, a number of years ago now, having trouble unlocking my "secret" panel in a unit I have. I had to be very innovative to get in there ?. Managed to do it but not without much frustration. Relax and recover today, eh.

Hope you enjoy your break in the lake district Gwenisgreat and come back reinvigorated and relaxed.
Happy belated birthday Cornergran flowers ?

Hope everyone is having a decent Sunday, take care everyone ❤️

olddudders Sun 09-May-21 13:49:18

Good afternoon from a very warm but cloudy rural France. Rain is due later, and we are promised (note - not threatened with!) a wet week, but we've heard that one before. Everywhere needs rain here right now.

My weekend was not enhanced last evening when i contrived to beggar the mower. It's not much more than a year old, but the abrupt stop when it ran over something seriously solid hidden in long grass seems to have bent an important internal. I will have to buy another. My lawn-tractor still awaits repair, so maybe now we are coming out of lockdown the man will come and collect it. I do need both, though.

In a few mins time I hope to watch the F1 from Barcelona, where Sir Lewis is on pole position. That is the 100th time he has done it - far more than any previous Grand Prix driver. And he spends a lot time praising the men and women (!) back at the factory as being the key to his success. While I will be watching alone - bar two soppy cats - DW Ashcombe will be watching in Torquay, and if something of note happens during the race we txt each other. I am so lucky to have found another lady who takes an interest in motor sport. Late first wife had been steeped in it from her earliest days by her father, but the new-ish Mrs OD has no such history, yet is now thoroughly and supportively hooked.

I hope your Sunday is tranquil and restful.

brook2704 Sun 09-May-21 14:00:41

Hope you have a lovely relaxing time away gwenisgreat I really like the Lake District even when it’s cloudy
The garden pictures are beautiful nannagarra, I’m another real garden fan and similar to you muse enjoy both the coastline and water but love gardens too! I just like being outside.. I’d love to visit Trebah sometime
Happy memories of enjoying Loch Morlich Marydoll ? I hope you can get back sometime!