Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(129 Posts)
12Michael Fri 14-May-21 06:08:40

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a grey start , its been raining as well as well ehere in Brackley .
Yesterdays 2nd jab , aching left upper arm at moment , but I did get up there earlier than scheduled time walked straight in more or less , had the jab sat for 15 minutes after and left .
Being early came back into town centre and caught bus to Bicester for usual stint there .
Today , morning shop ,and I then have my blood test this afternoon ,and also fill in the remainder of the form the surgery provide, things like weight, and blood pressure reading having to calculate average for 14 readings over 7 days , i have the formula .
Go to surgery , come back and watch my cycle race on TV , which is also getting similar weather conditions to UK .
Take Care,
Mick

Grandmajean Fri 14-May-21 07:40:26

Good morning all. Quick visit to wish Marydolla happy birthday. Have only glanced at posts.My goodness you are early birds ! Will come back and read at my leisure.
Hope Friday is good to you.

Sar53 Fri 14-May-21 07:43:37

Good morning from a decidedly grey and chilly Essex by the sea. The heating has come on so it must be cold, the first time in a few days.
A very happy birthday to Marydoll ??? x
I hope your daughter is allowed home today Scentia.
DH is going to do some work on his boat this morning, I have my admin job to get on with.
Have the best day you can everyone and find a ? xx

Gingster Fri 14-May-21 07:43:42

Good morning all from a grey Essex.

Gwen your pics are beautiful. What a spectacular garden.
Scentia I hope your DD feels better and is allowed home. It will be all systems go for you, I’m sure! . Enjoy your new GD. ?? .
Many happy returns Marydoll. ?

Well I went on my ramble yesterday with my friend with two big umbrellas and it didn’t stop raining for the whole 3 hours, but we didn’t care and enjoyed our time in the fresh air and lovely surroundings. We managed to get a coffee from a cafe and found a little shelter to have it in. Simple pleasures!

Today we were heading up to Suffolk to our cottage by the sea but have decided to put it off for a couple of weeks, as the forecast is dire for the foreseeable. We’ve never let the weather bother us before, but we both feel we might as well stay put here. At least we can see family and friends now.

Hope everyone enjoys their day. ❤️

GrannyOwl5 Fri 14-May-21 07:45:38

Morning everyone from south Hampshire. Packing up and then heading home to north Kent after a very enjoyable week’s holiday. The weather has been kind to us and we have had no rain at all on our various expeditions.

A very happy birthday Marydoll. I too am looking forward to your birthday bash; the glass(es) of Prosecco and sticky buns will be very acceptable!

Hope everyone has a good day and may the sun (I think that’s what it’s called) shine on you and yours.

Elizabeth1 Fri 14-May-21 07:50:36

Good morning all from a dreich start to the day here on the east coast of Fife.here’s hoping for a warmer day than yesterday I couldn’t get heat into my body for ages after I got up . My ds hot bottle did the trick in the end.

I’m beginning to see the end is nigh I’ll soon be having home visits from family. I’m off on Saturday for another lunch out with friends I haven’t seen for several years. We’re going to have a real catch up. It’ll be great fun grin

Have a good day everyone flowers

CherryCezzy Fri 14-May-21 07:50:47

Good morning everyone. It's grey and drizzly in Gower this morning.

? Happy Birthday Miss Marydoll ? ? I hope you have a great one ???.

I hope your DD's vitamin levels are good enough for her to go home with her baby today Scentia ?
I hope your blood test goes well Mick and that achy arm stops aching.
Hope your appointment at the eye clinic goes well brook ? and enjoy your short break ?
Susan I hope your daughter isn't feeling as unwell and improving each day ?.

The flooring in the kitchen is done, ker-ching! Lots of jobs still to be done, it will be worth the wait ?. It's taking longer than it ordinarily would I think - all the covid protocol for the contractors to follow.
I am hoping for a quieter day today, in more ways than one ?.
Beauregard your take about the fledgling made me smile. I think we have a flock of fledgling starlings on and off all day. There can be ferocious bickering going on. They are positively ravenous ?. Our intermittent visitors, the rooks, are visiting more often ... ?

Take care everyone, find a ? along the way today and/or a random flamingo ❤️

Alygran Fri 14-May-21 07:52:06

Good morning from North Yorkshire. Cloudy today.
I’m off for a walk to see the bluebells in the woods. My friend has just texted to say it may be muddy!
Later I am having my second jab. I did have it booked for 2 weeks time but was contacted yesterday. Best to get it done.
Happy birthday Maydoll
Hope your daughter and granddaughter are home today Scientia
Lovely pics Gwen
Have a good day everyone. Stay safe.

monk08 Fri 14-May-21 07:52:21

Morning everyone from dull Black country.
Happy birthday to Marydoll????.
Scentia hope mom and baby can come home soon. Will read everyone's news later tummy rumbling breakfast calling. Have a good Friday all.

harrigran Fri 14-May-21 07:57:38

Good morning from an overcast NE.
It was lovely to see DD yesterday, first time since Christmas 2019, she has to work while she is in the UK but yesterday and today are days off. DH managed to come downstairs and was able to see and talk to her.
Happy Birthday Marydoll, hope you have a lovely day.

Nannytopsy Fri 14-May-21 08:00:13

Good morning Mick and all his followers. I hope you get on ok at the surgery today Mick.
It’s cloudy here in Suffolk but the rain came overnight, which is the best way!
Happy Birthday Marydoll ! Prosecco and iced buns will make the best breakfast ?.
Off to the fish van this morning, to get the makings of a fish pie and then a day of planting some of my many perennials which I have collected plus the beans etc. I think it was Gaga whose rain dance brought the much needed rain but as sheep said, can you do the sun dance now please? Enough!
I hope Scentia’s daughter and granddaughter are home soon and the day is kind to us all.

Pittcity Fri 14-May-21 08:00:42

Good morning from a rainy Colchester. I really need to get some washing on the line today but the dryer might have to work overtime.
More workmen to quote and tidy up the carpet around the new built in wardrobes. The plaster is drying and the doors go on on Monday. We'll fit in the weekend shop too.

Is Marydoll really 21 today again ? Many Happy Returns to her ??

Big hugs all round x

Nannytopsy Fri 14-May-21 08:05:18

Good morning Cherry. Crossed posts - our starlings are eating us out of house and home too. Our first babies were a line of sparrows on the fence yesterday. The blackbirds are happy that the rain has softened the surface and there are lots of worms.

Urmstongran Fri 14-May-21 08:07:06

Gosh what a busy little thread this has become over the last few months! Over 30 posts and it’s not yet 8am.

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where it is damp out, not raining at present and we have complete white cloud cover.

No plans but something usually turns up. Not sure if Himself will be going to watch the boy wonder this evening - cricket practice may well get cancelled after all the rain we’ve had the last two days. I might just suggest a stroll through the 2 local parks with a takeaway coffee. Himself is 1st reserve as my walking buddy has gone to visit her daughter and family on the Fylde coast (love it there) in Poulton-le-Fylde. A charming market town.

Hopefully today will be kind to all of us. Birthday wishes to you Marydoll! You were outed it seems. ? Fingers crossed your daughter gets home this afternoon Scentia with her beautiful new baba. Her ferritin stores will be on the floor but she’ll soon be on the up. Her son’s hands will seem so big now in comparison when she holds them. ginny enjoy your mystery tour today! Keep safe everyone. x

CherryCezzy Fri 14-May-21 08:07:38

I'm pleased that your DH was able to come downstairs and see and chat to your daughter yesterday harrigran ?.

It sounds like you're getting there Pitt ?

Great news about dexter dragonfly ?

GrannyGravy13 Fri 14-May-21 08:08:28

Having trouble posting, just lost a long post (aren’t you lucky)

Happy Birthday Marydoll ????

Hope your DD is allowed home today Scentia Susan wishing your DD feels better.

Had a phone call from local clinic yesterday, they had left over vaccine (Pfizer) so DD had her jab (she is only 28 so we are all very grateful, they have a very comprehensive stand-by list of locals who can get there in 10 minutes). Her brother who is older has his tomorrow which means all our AC will have had their first jab, which is a relief and joy.

We have the Imp, so it’s a do with the flow day, weather is not looking promising ☔️?

Thinking of our missing friends, especially Gillybob and Maw

Keep safe and well folks ??‍♀️

Ellianne Fri 14-May-21 08:08:34

Good morning. Sorry to be smug, but glorious weather in green list Cornwall.

Grammaretto Fri 14-May-21 08:08:48

Good Morning all from the Scottish Borders. Still a bit dreich but warmer. An Edinburgh pal is coming out by bus to visit me today - very daring - and we'll go walking and possibly a cafe. We still can't see people in our own houses here.

Happy Birthday Marydoll ! Have a lovely day
flowers cupcake sunshine ?
I'll have a small piece of your delicious tablet please.

Your household sounds very happy and busy Scentia
I hope your DD can cuddle her beautiful baby soon.

Your farm sounds amazing Sheep with all those gamboling lambs and calves.

Good news from Harrigran and Dragonfly
Whatever you are doing today, enjoy it!

Greyduster Fri 14-May-21 08:10:22

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from a damp, grey South Yorkshire. We have another visit to the garden centre this morning as DH has unearthed an old trough he wants to plant up. I hoped all our plant buying was finished. Then we had planned to walk our local woods and call in at a new tea garden that has opened but the weather may put paid to that - we’ll have to see.
Sheep good to see you posting again - sounds like you have a busy time coming up.
Happy Birthday to you, Marydoll??
Make the best of the day wherever you are folks.

Gelisajams Fri 14-May-21 08:12:12

Good morning from a dry Morecambe Bay. Happy birthday Marydoll have a lovely day but don’t overdo it wink
Hope you DD is home soon Scentia .
I’m off to Manchester today to spend the day with DS2. It’s his birthday next week- yet another May birthday. He’s taking himself away for a couple days which he booked as soon as the May 17th was announced. I hope it does him good and helps cheer him up a bit.
DH will drive me down and drop me off, then he will go for a long walk while I go off somewhere on the train with DS2. I’m a bit nervous about getting the train but I must get back to doing these things.
We will meet up again later and deliver a birthday gift to one of our GDs.
take care everyone and stay safe ???

ixion Fri 14-May-21 08:12:14

Many Happy Returns Marydoll?

Puzzler61 Fri 14-May-21 08:12:50

Just popping my head in to wish our lovely friend Marydoll the very best “Happy Birthday” she can today. ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

creativeness Fri 14-May-21 08:15:04

A happy birthday to any gransnetters today. It’s my birthday too!

Urmstongran Fri 14-May-21 08:17:16

What gorgeous views Ellianne! Sun AND scenery - lucky you!
?

baubles Fri 14-May-21 08:22:15

Good morning Mick, morning all from South Lanarkshire where the sun is struggling to break through the clouds.

I’m running very late today and it’s my first day back at my volunteering job in our beautiful boutique shop so I can’t read the posts till this evening.

?Happy Birthday to you Marydoll ???, wishing you and all the GraMingoes a peaceful day ?.

Gagagran Fri 14-May-21 08:28:35

Morning all from a 9.5c south coast. There's a northerly wind blowing though, which is never a warm one, and there are some showers forecast too.

DH is out with his bike club this morning for the second time this week. It's so good to see him returning to his former fitness as the weeks go by. His surgeon said in the phone call on Wednesday that maybe he should have arranged for a static bike in his hospital room which would have provided exercise, when he couldn't walk with the neuropathy. (now cleared).

My freezer food delivery from Scotland yesterday did, as expected, involve secreting some items in the bottom of the bin. I had to make some space and decided that the sacrifice of freezer-burned objects was a price worth paying!

DS is coming again tomorrow for a shower and food, after another training ride on the South Downs Way in preparation for his 200 mile marathon ride both ways, in June. He is fund raising for Cancer Research on Just Giving and is very grateful for the kind Grans who have sponsored him..

Glad to read the farm update CattleandSheep and fingers crossed for your DD and her beautiful baby girl coming home today Scentia.

A Very Happy Birthday to Marydoll with kindest wishes for a painfree day. flowers

Hope the day is a good one for us all too. sunshine