Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(59 Posts)
12Michael Sun 16-May-21 06:07:42

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dry start here in Brackley with some cloud , otherwise sunny.
Today , maybe a small shop, also will be apart from lunch , will be watching cycling on TV this afternoon .
Yesterdays trip out was OK , maybe the last day of having to sit outside to have a coffee , looking forward to being able to drink and eat indoors .
Take Care,
Mick

Jaxjacky Sun 16-May-21 10:29:30

I hope Susan is ok.
Gagagran share your sentiments on the weather, I know we needed rain, but....
And muse I have raised bed envy, rain has stopped ‘play’ on my allotment.

Ashcombe Sun 16-May-21 10:31:41

I wonder if Lidl tell all their unhappy customers the same thing Ashcombe I would be sceptical. I assume you can tell the difference between a cherry stone and a piece of plastic?

Grammaretto: Precisely! No doubt somebody at Head Office said, “Send her a voucher - that will stop her taking it further!”

gillgran Sun 16-May-21 10:48:40

Good Morning to you all from a bright, dry Cambs., forecast for more rain this afternoon, & unsettled for the week ahead.

Great to see folk getting some trips away, including Brook & Cornergran. Thanks for all the photos, I love to see them.
We put off going to NW Norfolk to our little home-from-home, in part due to the weather, but mainly that our health has not been the best. Hopefully nothing serious, I've had UTI, followed by dizzy spells.
My DH has had a painful knee for 6 weeks, he's waiting for an x-ray, also physio. DH hasn't been able to play golf, (so no empty for me,sad), & DH's mood has been low..!!
It is sure to improve for us soon.

Grandmafrench, that sounds like a nasty trip, I hope you soon feel better, take care.
I also hope that Susan is OK, I send warm wishes.

Best Wishes to you all, especially those with added worries,flowers

GrannyGravy13 Sun 16-May-21 11:29:14

Take care Susan56 hopefully you will rejoin us when you feel ready ?

EllanVannin Sun 16-May-21 11:37:56

Good Morning All x.
I'm all behind like the cow's tail this morning. This is what becomes of pottering etc. when the sun's out, it seems to alter my way of doing things.
Still, it's nice to see the sun and feel the warmth that goes with it, whether it'll last is anyone's guess.

Some lovely pics this morning, and I remember Plockton---another world. It seemed strange to see palm trees plus the mildness that went with it. A beautiful little place and an ideal stop-off on journey's around there.

The journey from the top of our island to the bottom really is amazing in places, there's no other country like it for scenery. I have wonderful memories---and photo's too, in their hundreds grin.

The Ceanothus is all but in flower and is an absolute picture when in bloom, a lovely blue/purple covering. Next month the Bottlebrush. They've flourished despite all the frosts and winds off the sea.

Plenty of talk of beautiful food this morning, dinners and left-overs from Marydoll's Birthday and last but not least, Crumpets ! Best news about Warburton's Urmston---I'll never run out of them now grin It's the butter I use as well ! I have to get the 750g size tub as a 250g is no good to me.

Lamb chops,Jersey pots and cauli and white sauce today, so that calls for more lashings of butter on the potatoes, I just love it. Oh to have such a good appetite as I'll polish off the other half bag of pots. Good job I bought two bags grin.

My thoughts to those who aren't so grand or who have worries and hope that things improve.
Have a good day everyone and take care whatever you do.xx

Purplepixie Sun 16-May-21 11:44:31

Good morning from a sunny and warm East Midlands. Not much planned for today. Stay safe and sane.

Grandmajean Sun 16-May-21 12:01:25

Have just seen Grandmafrench's post. That sounds really painful. Hope you recover soon !

CherryCezzy Sun 16-May-21 12:02:52

A good, if not late, good morning to you all from sunny Gower.

Marydoll it sounds, from your description yesterday, that you had a lovely birthday and it sounds, from your description today that you'll have a lovely day today ?.
In fact, it sounds like more goodmorningers are having are having better days, meeting up with family and taking short breaks, wonderful ?

Sorry to hear that you ended up in A&E Auntieflo but better safe than sorry to have things checked out. I'm heartened to here that suspicions were unfounded ?

Thank you for informing us that Susan is taking a short break Grandmafrench. It understandable, with her DD being unwell, looking after the little ones and her MiL facing her operation in the coming week. Take care of yourself Susan, I'm really hoping your DD has her appointment and treatment asap ?

Ouch Grandmafrench! Falls are horrible. You know it is happening except not in my case but can do nothing about it and bracing yourself is virtually futile. Sorry to hear that you are so bruised, and clearly shaken too, but I'm pleased that no bones are broken. I hope you recover quickly flowers

I had my chillaxed day yesterday and plan ? another one today ?. I just wish my footie team had won, instead they drew and missed a fabulous opportunity ?.
I'm hoping that our kitchen will be finished this week, it's taking its time --and toll-. It'll be fabulous when it's done though ?

Thanks to everyone who continue to send me their well wishes, you are truly lovely people ?
Take care everyone and have a lovely Sunday ❤️

?, It's afternoon now ?