Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(67 Posts)
12Michael Wed 26-May-21 06:13:01

Good Morning Everyone,
Its looking cloudy outside here but its dry at the moment here in Brackley .
Yesterdays trip out went OK , with usual routine , but returning to no cycling on TV.
Today ,a small shop , followed my cycling on Eurosport.
Hoping that its a trouble free race stage.
Take Care,
Mick

Ashcombe Wed 26-May-21 06:27:06

Good morning, friends, from a bright and sunny Torbay!

Yes, the wanderer has returned home after a very successful trip. Thank you for all your kind wishes for my journey yesterday. It went well with the only delay being at the start with a queue to join the M6. I took a short break at Michael Wood Services where a 20 minute doze revived me for the remainder of the drive.

This morning I’m on taxi duty for an elderly amdram friend who is about to have a knee replacement after a three year wait!

I hope sunnier skies are greeting you all today. ☀️🌤😀

Nannagarra Wed 26-May-21 06:30:10

Good morning from the Sefton coast where the weather forecast is promising.
My intentions are to cycle, bake, plant a climbing Black-eyed Susan and complete quite a bit of admin. I really need to tidy my front garden - daffodils are taking their time to die back whilst euphorbias have gone into overdrive and grown like triffids. It’s a delicate balance between cleared borders and next door’s cat arriving with her newspaper!
grandmajet remains in my thoughts. May those who are struggling have a better day today and enjoy the warm wishes I send to everyone.
🌷🦩🌷🦩🌷

Gagagran Wed 26-May-21 06:30:19

Morning Mick and all who follow from a sunny and bright south coast. More puddles so overnight rain showers again but hopefully that's it for the next few days. We need some sunshine.

DH is going out with his cycling club, the cleaners are coming and I have a delivery this morning, from IKEA. There may be other things cropping up. There is usually something.

Hope the day is a good one for us all. sunshine

cornergran Wed 26-May-21 06:39:24

Morning Mick, morning All from a bright corner of Somerset, no sun as yet but a brighter looking sky.

Enjoyed our trip out and lunch yesterday, compensation for hearing we will be waiting a week for the washing machine engineer who may still not be able to repair on the day - yikes. The suggestion from one of ours that we take the laundry to the nearest stream was met with deafening silence. That’s one out of the will grin.

An early hair cut for me followed by the usual Wednesday dust removal and grocery delivery. Pleased you’re home safely and had such a good trip ashcombe.

Take care everyone, hope Wednesday is kind to us all.

Dwmxwg Wed 26-May-21 06:47:26

Good morning all from a bright and sunny north Surrey.
Good to hear you had an uneventful journey home Ashcome.
I have yet to read yesterday’s thread so forgive me if I have missed anything, will read both threads later this morning when I have time to sit and relax for an hour.
Freddie was a good boy yesterday and survived with a 2 hour visit from DD to feed him and I am sure he had lots of cuddles. He always goes into overdrive when she arrives and wants to sit on her lap (all 30kg of him).
Good shift and I have picked up a few more as someone has gone off sick. Will try and squeeze as many in as I can over the next few weeks as the ward is being refurbished in August so will be closed.
Bed stripped and in the washing machine, short dog walk and then have PT session followed by the gym for some cardio exercise.
DH should be home late morning, will time my day around him as we have a delivery of Freddie’s food which comes frozen and I need to visit mum and dad today.
Boys will be here this evening, DGS2 was sent home yesterday as he had been sick, first thing he said when he got home was “I’m hungry”. Kept him on toast yesterday and he has been fine but of course he has to have 48 hours off school. We have NT booked for tomorrow so hoping we can taken him with us.
Definitely an early night tonight.
Wishing all a good day ☀️😀🦩

Sar53 Wed 26-May-21 06:49:58

Good morning everyone from a sunny Essex by the sea. Hopefully the weather has turned a corner and sun will be the order of the day rather than rain.
DH is off to his boat again today. I have an empty with no plans to fill it.
I ordered a new Senior Railcard yesterday for when I am ready to do the journey to DD1. Today I must renew my passport, just in case.
I'm glad you are home safe and sound Ash and I hope Mary is ok.
Have a wonderful Wednesday and find that 😁 xx

grandMattie Wed 26-May-21 06:51:27

Late (for me) good morning from a cloudless, sunny E Kent.
I don’t know what happened yesterday, but I came over all exhausted, emotional and achy. Was asleep by 2130 and woke up just now. My sleep was probably helped as I was in the spare bed, without DH bouncing because of his bad back and snoring because of multiple broken noses from rugby.
Today I’m taking my old friend in the nursing home out. Her first outing since March 2020. She is beside herself with excitement. I hope she isn’t too boring!
DS1 should be in the air by now. He’s not looking forward to hotel isolation, both from the boredom aspect and the lack of fresh air. He’s very active, always going for long runs or climbing mountains so incarceration will be hard on him.
Glad you had a happy holiday and good journey home, Ash, Le Mans next?
Wishing all our missing posters well; hope Marydoll is better today, ditto everyone else needing 🤗 hugs. 🦩🦩🦩💐☀️😊

Beechnut Wed 26-May-21 06:52:30

Good Morning everyone from a bright and sunny Severnside.

They didn’t offer the use of their washing machine then corner 😂.

I’ve just woken from a dream where apart from meeting up with an old friend there was some pretty weird stuff happening.

Pottering this morning and if it stays dry I will go out and give a shrub a good haircut so I can attend to the wall behind it.

Not sure what’s on the menu but it will involve a cauliflower.

A lot of sadness in here yesterday so I hope you all feel better today. Take care all 💐

GrannyGravy13 Wed 26-May-21 07:24:01

Morning Mick and all

My marvellous cleaning ladies are here today-yippee!!!

I am off to the gym followed by a manicure, afterwards I need to pop into our little Sainsbury’s Local for a few bits. We took The Imp to the Farm Shop yesterday and the fields either side were full of cows with their calves which delighted him!

Keep safe and well folks 🙋‍♀️🦩

Jaxjacky Wed 26-May-21 07:27:55

Good morning Mick and all from a sunny S Hants. Off to the allotment this morning briefly, then the gardener will be here at 9 to place and plant my purchases from last week. Off to lunch at a friend’s house with another friend, parking is dreadful, so I will Uber it. This afternoon will be more book reading and planting up of two window boxes, busiest day for some time.
Pleased you enjoyed your trip Ashcombe and safely home. Thinking of grandmajet, Marydoll and others poorly or struggling. Hoping we all have some sunshine today and a glimpse of 🦩🦩🦩.

dragonfly46 Wed 26-May-21 07:40:40

Good morning from sunny Leicestershire.

Had my hair cut yesterday and he made me look like me again - so thrilled!

Meeting friends for coffee this morning then NWR round this afternoon for our first face to face meeting in my garden.
Tomorrow we start our trip down south - I wish I knew what clothes to pack.

I hope every one has a good day with especial thoughts to Marydoll, Cherry and Auntieflo I hope you have a better day.

brook2704 Wed 26-May-21 07:42:10

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s grey and damp but not actually raining. Yesterday the sun came out in the afternoon so I went for a walk down near the shoreline close to home. Lots of very bright yellow gorse out which looked lovely against the blue sky
Pleased you’re home safely after a lovely trip Ash
No plans for me yet for today, I’ll just be doing my usual things of ether gardening or going for a walk, as long as I can get outside I’m happy.
Hoping Marydoll is doing ok
Hoping everyone finds something to enjoy today, even something small and take care all whatever the day brings 💐

Gwenisgreat1 Wed 26-May-21 07:46:19

Good morning all from soggy wet Harrogate
We’ve nothing planned because Virgin Media are supposed to be coming to move our router to a more central place in the house. At the moment in most rooms the internet is very variable which is extremely annoying.
Had DGD for a short time yesterday- she was thrilled with my charity shop find, and decided she was a princess!
Hope all those struggling find it easier soon. You are missed marydoll Hope to see you back soon

Have the best day you can

Alygran Wed 26-May-21 07:49:31

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It’s raining again or is that still?
Decorating day 3. They are starting the kitchen and utility today. Hoping to get the living room curtains back up and some furniture restored to its proper place.
Have a good day everyone

Grandmadinosaur Wed 26-May-21 07:52:10

Good Morning from damp and drizzly East Yorkshire. As a consequence of that our plans for today are cancelled. We were going to Beverley races as it was the first meeting with the public allowed in. It was not to be due to the rainy weather. So what to do? DH is out on his bike so he doesn’t know yet I heard the news on local radio. I have Birthday presents to deliver to a friend so that may be what we do instead. Perhaps a nice lunch if can get a table at a nice place near where she lives.
Glad you got home safely Ashcombe
grandmattie good to hear you feel better today. I wonder if something is going around as DH and I have had a couple of days just out of the blue feeling washed out and just sleepy?
Thinking of marydoll 🌻
Thank you for comments yesterday regarding my dad. We are paying him a visit at the weekend so will have a good chat then.
Wishing everyone a good day or the best it can be.

Pittcity Wed 26-May-21 07:56:03

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester.
Carpenter due any minute to fit last internal door.
I am out to our regular Wednesday meetup.
Afternoon will probably be spent vacuuming and sweeping up sawdust.

Love to all x

Grandmabatty Wed 26-May-21 07:56:13

Good morning all. It's damp in Polmont, quelle surprise. Today I will visit mum then my friend for a chat. I need to nip to the supermarket for a bottle of something alcoholic for her partner as it's his birthday today and he is a thoroughly nice man. DD is nipping in this afternoon as she has a holiday day booked. There may be a WhatsApp chat too at some point. Take care all.

Gingster Wed 26-May-21 07:56:16

Good morning all. The forecast is NO RAIN! I’ll believe that when I see it!

Yesterday we had a lovely woodland walk with our old neighbour/friend, then back to look round her huge beautiful garden , followed by coffee and sandwiches. We used to live next door, so had a peer through the hedges at our old garden and house. I must say it was looking a bit neglected ! 😢

I had a phone call from my nephews wife yesterday. She is Czech and is a bit tricky to understand over the phone. After a lengthy chat, she asked if they could have a week at our cottage by the sea. I love them dearly but don’t really want to spend a week with them there. I will suggest they go on their own but the problem is they don’t have a car.(they live in London , so have no need of one) . You really do need a car to get there and travel around. No buses , trains etc. . I think they expect us to be there , to act as a taxi service. 😢. Oh dear! I’m not sure what to say.

DD will be popping in for a coffee after dropping Littlest GD off at school. We will catch up on all the family gossip. 😆😂.

Wishing you all a pleasant day 🌺

hollysteers Wed 26-May-21 07:58:43

Good morning Mick and all from a now dull northwest Lancashire coast, the sun has gone in. I’m off to North Wales in a mo, just a day trip and have to take my sore twisted knee with me, Bother! It happened two days ago, I have a support on it and horror of horrors, I am taking a stick!
Life is suddenly busier, art classes resuming etc and it’s strange making more of an effort after such long periods of hermit life.
Hope you are ok auntieflo cherry marydoll and anyone with troubles and worries of any kind.

Nannytopsy Wed 26-May-21 08:10:18

Good morning Mick and all his followers from a sunny Norfolk. I do hope it stays like this! Pleased with our little hotel except that the heating has been working overtime which made sleep difficult. We were greeted by a cuckoo when we arrived - a lovely start.
Didn’t see yesterday’s thread - I’ll catch up later.
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

Elizabeth1 Wed 26-May-21 08:11:58

Good morning everyone from an overcast, showery , and mild start to the day on the east coast of Fife. I’m still in my cosy bed until my lovely carer comes in around 8.30. I’m rooting for a warm shower and hair wash today.

Yesterday I felt so strong and happy after getting compliments from those around me on how well I’m doing by sitting up longer in the day therefore strengthening my abs. It’s a great feeling not feeling so tired. Stroke fatigue which is difficult to describe can play with my mental health.

I say onwards and upwards I’ve a busy day ahead my lovely hardworking cleaner comes in today and I’m having my hallway measured up for a new carpet I’m sure my ds wee pooch had an accident on the carpet but she denies the stain belongs to the pooch saying it’s from something else my dh denies it was himwinkit’s a mystery never to be solved.

Have a good day everyone think of the sunshine sunshine still to come and these springtime garden 💐

ginny Wed 26-May-21 08:14:19

Good Morning. Looking dull outside at the moment.

Well, I still didn’t get to the nursery for plants, maybe today

Have some coffee morning invitations to deliver so will include that in a walk.

Otherwise will see how things pan out.

Hope you all find a 😁today.

Grannyme6 Wed 26-May-21 08:15:09

Morning all. Dry but overcast here in the east. Pilates online this morning. Nothing else planned as yet except later on I’ll deliver a fruit loaf to a friend who’s had an operation on her arm and is in plaster. My good wishes to all.

baubles Wed 26-May-21 08:17:16

Good morning Mick, morning all from South Lanarkshire where we have cloud cover yet again.

I had a bit of a scare yesterday when I went to collect the little pooch from the groomer. She was sporting a lovely haircut and smelled of blueberries but as usual was super excited to see me and was bouncing around even when we got out into the street. We were waiting to cross the road when I realised her lead felt very light. Because she had been divested of so much hair she managed to slip her collar and was running into the traffic, several kind people tried to catch her but she was so excited she just kept dodging them. After what seemed like an age but was probably only a minute or so she came back to me and wrapped her front paws around my leg. I carried her back to the car but it was a while till I stopped trembling. What a fright the little horror gave me.

Today is supermarket delivery day and then as well as cooking for today I’ll make chilli for tomorrow, enough for us and extra for taking to DS to save them cooking.

Thinking of absent regular posters, there seems to be a few, and wishing everyone a peaceful day.