Gransnet forums

Chat

Yet another *Soops* kitchen for all us like minded people

(1001 Posts)
Galen Sat 29-May-21 20:52:52

I found the key that soop left.
I must complain that getting down to retrieve keys then getting up again is very tricky! Please leave them in a more accessible place in future.
Anyway here’s a bottle of Dom Perignon and a large iced bowl of caviar to open the kitchen!
( we’re going posh this time!

soop Mon 31-May-21 14:33:59

A very warm welcome 3dognight smile

We are busy blethering and doing stuff until Wednesday. Please be kind and understand that you lot remain on my mind.

Once my feet stop scampering and my tongue stops wagging, I shall be back in our kitchen to pay attention to all the latest goings on.

In the meantime, in between time, much love to you all. sunshine grin

annodomini Mon 31-May-21 17:31:35

An afternoon nap in the sun! It wasn't intended, but the chair was there and the sun was hot, so it just happened. The big trees beyond the brook make my garden a sheltered sun trap and the breeze that stirs the top branches didn't make it to my level. 'Ne'er cast a cloot til May be oot', is the old saying. Today is the last of what has been a very wet May and I have cast a 'cloot' by unearthing a skirt and sandals to let my (pale and blotchy) legs and feet get the sun and air!

Puzzler61 Mon 31-May-21 17:45:22

Sounds a divine way to spend a sunny afternoon annodomini

Grandmabatty Mon 31-May-21 17:47:58

I've had a day of highs and lows, literally. I Cleaned the oven this morning, watered the garden, hoovered and tidied all in preparation for dd and dgs coming round this afternoon which they did. However when I sat down on a garden chair, it gave way and I ended up on the ground. I've a knot at the back of my head and my right side is achy. The chair was rusty and old a bit like me. I'm feeling a numpty now but really glad dd didn't sit on it. Some paracetamol required I think. I hope your bank holiday has been good.

BladeAnnie Mon 31-May-21 18:09:10

Good afternoon lovely kitcheners. I'm also bringing a bottle of champagne ? to share - one or two brought home from the wedding. Thank you for all your good wishes- we had a perfect day followed by a lovely couple of days in Lancaster. Back home now and a certain little ginger gentleman was overjoyed to see us. He climbed in one of the bags I had unpacked last night as if to say "not going again mum"!! soop so pleased to hear your family get together has gone so well - such a joy when you have waited so long. It's been a beautiful day again - hope everyone enjoys their evening ?

BladeAnnie Mon 31-May-21 18:10:57

Grandmabatty ouch - hope you are OK? That sounded nasty and a bit of a shock too

Grandmabatty Mon 31-May-21 18:34:36

I'm fine thanks BladeAnnie. I am a bit sore but I'll survive. I hope you had a lovely wedding and honeymoon. We were all thinking of you in the kitchen.

Puzzler61 Mon 31-May-21 18:45:33

So sorry your blooming garden chair gave way underneath you Grandmabatty. Must have been a painful shock.
Hopefully your head and your side have not suffered any serious damage and will ease during the next 24 hours - but please rest up. ?
BladeAnnie does Duncan have a fan club? I want to be in it please - he is such a cutie-pie. ?

BladeAnnie Mon 31-May-21 18:55:14

Puzzler Duncan says you are top of the list ?

Charleygirl5 Mon 31-May-21 18:56:27

Grandmabatty you were lucky you did not do more serious damage. You may well have some more aches and pains tomorrow.

Duncan is delightful- I am not surprised he was wondering why he had been totally abandoned.

Jaxjacky Mon 31-May-21 19:10:23

Grandmabatty whoa, what a shock, it really jars, hopefully you’ve recovered your equilibrium and tomorrow’s aches will soon disappear.maddyone enjoy the bbq, if a little wistfully and I’m so pleased soop is wrapped up with family love.
A quiet day here, MrJ was working, I potted on a few plants, tedious washing and housework done, then I read in the sun. MrJ suggested a couple in the local and drove, my foot is still a bit throbbing, really pleased we went, an old friend turned up we haven’t seen for a couple of years, reminiscing in the sun. Leftover curry from Saturday for dinner and watering.
Enjoy your evenings. ??
panache is never far from my thoughts ?.

Yiayia4 Mon 31-May-21 19:54:10

That sounds nasty Grandmabatty take care and rest up.?
I am absolutely shattered after a hectic but lovely weekend.An early night for me,DH already asleep in the chair?Sleep well kitcheners.

FannyCornforth Mon 31-May-21 19:59:50

Good evening everyone
I do hope that you are all well.
I really hope that you don't take this the wrong way, but what does 'all of us like minded people' mean?
Like minded in what sense?
I've posted a few times on here and had lovely replies, but I must admit that I didn't understand the title here

muse Mon 31-May-21 20:11:27

The hammock had good use today. Glorious sunshine. Lots of traffic on the A30. Many roaring bikes. I hate that noise. Apparently the emergency services have been rushed off their feet, wheels and blades this bank holiday.

Grandmabatty.I should think that took your breath away. Hope the paracetamol are working.

Brook2704. A bowl of strawberries from me to go with the scones. I'm getting more and more from the polytunnel. Help yourselves..?

Concern is setting in about my knee. I have an ice pack on it at the moment and there'll be couple of pain killers tonight. No problem with walking and I've done little bending of it today. Trying to convince myself it isn't arthritis. As soon as I sit or lie down there's a painful ache.

2nd groundsman due in the morning then MrM and myself will have a serious chat.

Peaceful evening everyone. ?

Jaxjacky Mon 31-May-21 20:27:18

Fanny as you’ll have seen before, the normal title embraces a ‘ welcoming and supportive kitchen’ so, I think that says what we are. This special kitchen was opened by someone else, thank you Galen, as soop is happily engaged with family.
Have you had a good bank holiday Fanny with this glorious weather? I hope so.
Not good muse and rather dispiriting, maybe just a tweak ??

kittylester Mon 31-May-21 20:40:52

I suspect by like minded our Galen meant people who are supportive of each other and are kind unlike on some other threads.

Callistemon Mon 31-May-21 20:43:30

That's my understanding, too, kittylester

Urmstongran Mon 31-May-21 20:50:15

‘Evening All’.

Another gorgeous sunny day. We walked through two local parks then as it was 3pm (past the yardarm we decided) we sat at our favourite bar. After half an hour, who was walking past but one of the med secs I’d worked with at the hospital for over 30y, out for a stroll with her husband. We know them well and they sat with us for a couple of hours. It was a lovely impromptu get together!

Lovely to read everybody’s news. Sorry you are sad maddyone it must be a wrench saying goodbye to family who are now across the world. Is this planned to be a permanent move or a couple of years to see if they like it there? muse hope your pain subsides soon.

Isn’t it lovely to think of soop enjoying time with her family? BladeAnnie welcome home MRS.! Lovely photo of Duncan he is really cute. And GG13 pretty little girls enjoying a ‘Frozen’ themed party in their fondant-coloured frocks. I bet they had an amazing time!

Hope we all have a peaceful night ahead. I have a sunburnt forehead from yesterday so I bought a Panama hat in Sainsbury’s this lunchtime to keep it in the shade today. If I rub it, it’s sore. ‘Well stop rubbing it then’ my dear mum would say. x

Doodle Mon 31-May-21 20:56:50

Fanny the ‘like minded people’ in the kitchen welcome everyone. No arguments, no nasty posts, no criticism just friendliness, humour and most of all support through good times and bad. No cliques here. Oh and one final thing ...like minded people who like...cake ??
Sorry can’t catch up with everyone.
soop lovely photo I’m so pleased to see you having a lovely time with your DS.
grandmabatty ouch ? I hope you’re ok. You will be sore tomorrow.
Welcome 3dognight and anyone else I’ve missed.
BladeAnnie I just love that photo of Duncan.
muse I can remember my DGDs prom dress too. She looked so grown up. Hope things are better for you.
Take care all TOYA ?

FannyCornforth Mon 31-May-21 20:57:26

kittylester

I suspect by like minded our Galen meant people who are supportive of each other and are kind unlike on some other threads.

Ah, okay, thank you, that does make sense
Trust me - I wasn't being goady!
I'm relatively very new here, and I must say that recently I've seen a different side to GN

Doodle Mon 31-May-21 20:57:57

Oooops ? Urms ?

Doodle Mon 31-May-21 20:59:01

Fanny you won’t find any of that in soop’s kitchen. You will always be made welcome ?

Callistemon Mon 31-May-21 20:59:16

Here's a tin of home made biscuits (there were 5 dozen but some seemed to have disappeared, most mysterious).
Very easy Mary Berry recipe, even I managed it!

FannyCornforth Mon 31-May-21 21:02:58

Doodle

Fanny you won’t find any of that in soop’s kitchen. You will always be made welcome ?

Thank you Doodle - long time no type! ? I hope that you are well x

Doodle Mon 31-May-21 21:04:38

Yes I’m fine Fanny thank you. I hope you are too. I’ve been in the kitchen for years, it would be nice to see you in here more often. The kitcheners (of which you are now one) are the best. ?

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion