Gransnet forums

Chat

Yet another *Soops* kitchen for all us like minded people

(1001 Posts)
Galen Sat 29-May-21 20:52:52

I found the key that soop left.
I must complain that getting down to retrieve keys then getting up again is very tricky! Please leave them in a more accessible place in future.
Anyway here’s a bottle of Dom Perignon and a large iced bowl of caviar to open the kitchen!
( we’re going posh this time!

Jaxjacky Thu 01-Jul-21 22:03:35

I’m not a baker Doodle but make a mean cooked cheesecake, promise one for next week, neither of us have a sweet tooth, that’s why I don’t bother.
Vaguely remember seeing the puppets with strings (apologies if that’s shattered an illusion) not sure when I saw it though ?

Doodle Thu 01-Jul-21 21:36:58

Everyone is welcome in soop’s kitchen jaxjacky. Did you bring any cake #everhopeful.
Your mention of weeding and talking to plants made me think of Bill and Ben the flowerpot men……or was that before your time ?

Jaxjacky Thu 01-Jul-21 20:46:38

An extraordinarily quiet kitchen, I hope no one minds me popping in, it tops a very quiet day. Bit of garden weeding done, talking to my greenhouse plants, watering pots, hanging baskets and the greenhouse. I hope soop is having the best time and that you’ve all had a lovely day with trips out and family visits.

chicken Thu 01-Jul-21 12:10:33

Dear Panache,
You and your dear husband have been in my thoughts and prayers for a long time,so I heard your sad news with sorrow.I send
you my sincere condolences and hope you find comfort in knowing that nobody could have been more caring and loving than
you were,or have fought harder to be with him at the end than you were. Sending you much love.

Nannytopsy Thu 01-Jul-21 00:04:50

Dear Panache you have reached the end of a long, hard road. May you have peace now.

brook2704 Wed 30-Jun-21 20:40:32

You’re right Iaxj it’s been another lovely warm sunny day up here in the Highlands so perfect weather for soop and Mr Soop I really hope they’re both thoroughly enjoying their well deserved break
I’ve been pottering in the garden this morning and then a quick trip to the shops this afternoon to replenish the fridge and cupboards in readiness for looking after the DGC again tomorrow!
Thinking of Panache and sending love and support

muse Wed 30-Jun-21 19:55:06

Good evening.
Missing urms evening post ?

I been good today and just taken a couple of steps every now and again, with the crutches. Being told off regularly.
Think my backflip was the result of me wearing my varifocals. They are what I reach for when I get up. Then the contacts go in after breakfast. Only have them because I can’t wear my contact lenses on eye test day and need glasses if I get an eye infection.
Hand that I put down as I fell backwards is painful so that’s strapped up today as well as my lower leg.

Flowers are forming on my sweet peppers jax. Fruits of our labours will delight our tables soon.

Watching tennis tonight with DD.

My thoughts are with Panache as she gets through the next few days and weeks. I hope there is someone helping her.

Nannagarra Wed 30-Jun-21 19:48:15

Just popping in.
Sending my deepest condolences to Panache. I’m very sorry for your loss.
I hope you feel better soon, muse.

Jaxjacky Wed 30-Jun-21 19:13:46

A quiet day here, we’ve had a TV in our bedroom for months, today, as he’s not working, MrJ decided to try and tune it in, much faffing and more tomorrow, but he did cut the grass!
I have baby tomatoes and a cucumber, I’ll be nurturing them like babies, awaiting flowers on my chillies and aubergines ( a new venture).
I hope soop is having a wonderful break, they both deserve it, looks like their weather is good.
Have a good evening kitcheners xx

BlueSapphire Wed 30-Jun-21 17:47:34

So sorry to hear the sad news of your dear DH, Panache. My sincere condolences.

Grandmabatty Wed 30-Jun-21 13:18:58

The garden man turned up! I was beginning to think he was 'at it' but lo and behold he arrived at eleven. He's working slowly but making a good job of it so I'm happy. I have a Tesco delivery arriving this afternoon too so it's all go at Batty Towers. The skies are clearing and I think it might be a nice afternoon. Have a good day all.

Lins1066 Wed 30-Jun-21 12:49:10

Izabella ??

dustyangel Wed 30-Jun-21 11:51:40

I’m so sorry for your loss Panacheflowers

Izabella Wed 30-Jun-21 10:13:28

A lovely post Lins I did not know what to say earlier but yes the many posts by Panache are largely forgotten by my diseased brain, but suffice to say Panache has always thought of others and been so supportive to many of us, either through posts or by pm.

Bellasnana Wed 30-Jun-21 09:24:02

Panache so very sorry to hear of your sad loss.May your dear man Rest In Peace.?

Lins1066 Wed 30-Jun-21 09:00:56

I am so saddened to hear of Mr Panache's passing. My thoughts are with Panache at this very difficult time, Mr Lins and I send your love and heartfelt condolences.
Condolences to Grandmajet's family. ?
I remember Panache's many eloquent posts over the years which offered such comfort to those who had suffered the loss of a loved one. ?

farview Wed 30-Jun-21 08:11:52

Thinking of Grandmajets family also...she was a wonderful, brave lady ??

farview Wed 30-Jun-21 08:09:56

Panache...heartbreaking news...the deep love that you shared with 'your man' was beautiful, I'm sure he will watch over you always ??

NanKate Wed 30-Jun-21 07:30:45

Panache. My prayers and thoughts are with you at this very sad time. I’m so pleased you were able to be with you darling DH till the end. ?

harrigran Wed 30-Jun-21 07:06:19

Sorry to hear your very sad news Panache, may your memories of happier times help you through the difficult time ahead.

dragonfly46 Tue 29-Jun-21 22:23:20

Dearest Panache so sorry to read your news. Your DH is at peace and I wish you lots of strength to carry on.

Hellogirl1 Tue 29-Jun-21 21:53:11

So sad reading your news Panache, but happy that you were together till the end. Things may seem pretty bleak right now, but it does get easier. Thinking of you x

Izabella Tue 29-Jun-21 19:58:14

Panache in my thoughts.

mrshat Tue 29-Jun-21 19:56:39

My deepest sympathy Panache. You travelled a long road together and I am so pleased you were together at the end. Keep strong and safe and treasure your memories of your time spent together. My thoughts and prayers are with you. flowers

Susan56 Tue 29-Jun-21 19:06:37

So sorry to hear your sad news panache.I am pleased that you were able to be with your dear husband at the end.Sending you our condolences.Please know you are in our thoughts and prayers with much love.x

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion