Gransnet forums

Chat

Good morning Monday from Mick

(63 Posts)
MawBe Mon 07-Jun-21 06:35:19

Oops, overslept!
Message from Mick
Good Morning Everyone,
Its cloudy here in Brackley this morning, plans on cleaning family graves of daffs etc.
And I only hope the Tech people at Gransnet can sort out what has gone wrong for me being unable to access the forums yet can go elsewhere ,
Take care

MawBe Mon 07-Jun-21 07:57:34

So, good morning everybody!
Rosie let out, tea made, back to bed to read the paper so now I feel set up and ready to face the week!
Grey and overcast here too ( as BlueSapphire has said) but I expect it will stay fine.
I had a pleasant (no, better than that, lovely) visit from SIL3 yesterday morning with a car full of stuff to store in our garage as their loft conversion/extension starts in a very few weeks.
Sadly no room for DD or Otis to come too as the back was down, but SIL is such good company, so easy to be with.
Another of their friends and her teenage son popped over to pick up a few things DD and SIL were passing on so we all sat in the garden and chatted for an hour or so. Sounds trivial, but I rarely see people (other than neighbours) on a Sunday, unless visitors or family are coming to lunch etc and the Sunday lunch thing has not really restarted - you will remember me having a moan about Sunday’s- so it was just nice.
Also spoke to D2 and Flynn last night, instead of me reading him a story on our FaceTime chats, he now reads to me from his school reading book. What a joy it is to see a child “crack” the code that is reading!
GrandMattie your trip sounds lovely even allowing for the hell of the Tube at the weekend when they seem to shut half the lines for “planned maintenance” as if that made it any more bearable.
Plans for today? Well got to plough on with my Book Club book “American Dirt” , it’s not an easy read and I keep escaping to watch iPlayer instead!
I hope the week is kind to you all

Gagagran Mon 07-Jun-21 07:59:52

Morning all from a misty south coast. It's 13.1c on my weather station.

We have to clear the decks today ready for the CH engineer coming tomorrow to replace the boiler. It involves relocating the outside vent which is badly placed right beside the kitchen door. This means he will be crawling around in the roof space so that also needs to be made accessible. Not looking forward to the next two days!

DGD3 is off to do her DofE silver expedition in the Hope Valley in Derbyshire today. Just had a photo sent of her leaving home and looking like Sherpa Tensing about to climb Everest again. I hope she doesn't get lost in what will be wild country to her, being a London lass. They have to hand in their phones which will be a painful amputation for her and her friends!

DD had her second jab on Saturday, at the vaccination centre where she volunteers. She was wiped out and feeling ropey yesterday so hope she soon picks up. Feels an unfair reward for all the time she has donated to helping there!

Hope the day is a good one for us all sunshine

NannyJan53 Mon 07-Jun-21 08:01:51

Good morning from a bright albeit Black Country.

Yesterday turned out lovely and sunny in the afternoon, after heavy rain in the morning.

My first Health Walk of the year this morning. They started 3 weeks ago, but for one reason and another I couldn't make it. There is a WhatsApp group now informing if it is on or not.

Engineer has just arrived to service the Boiler! This must be the first time ever being the first call!

Mum was collected by Brother and SIL yesterday, and is staying with them in Redditch until Saturday. So it feels odd I cannot just pop over!

Wishing you all a good day

ginny Mon 07-Jun-21 08:03:14

Good morning from N. Bucks. It is a little overcast at the moment . I have a small group of neighbours coming for coffee in the garden so am hoping the forecast sunshine arrives in time.
Later I must start thinking about the upcoming long weekend in our tourer caravan.
A bit of ironing to do and a few other odd jobs.
Healing wishes to all who need them and hope everyone can find a smile along the way.

Jaxjacky Mon 07-Jun-21 08:03:29

Good Morning all, overcast here in S Hants, thanks Maw hopefully you’ll get sorted soon Mick. Good to see you’re back home safely gM, a tad fraught though. What a wonderful day for you Marydoll, heartwarming and special.
Yesterday MrJ helped at the allotment, DD and GC’s popped in to collect a wisteria we bought DD, the GC’s were a bit ‘half termed out* having had a busy week, all back to school today.
Our local resumed their Sunday meat draw, another step to normal.
MrJ long gone to work, my day is washing, charge up the new strimmer, clean bathrooms and ring EE to sort our mobile phones out. This afternoon/evening is my voluntary work.
Thoughts with grandmajet, Auntieflo, Cherry and others who may be poorly.
Wishing you all a happy day, even if it’s just a momentary chuckle x

Stilllearning Mon 07-Jun-21 08:05:15

Morning from S Lanarkshire, good to start the day with happy news Marydoll, very pleased for you.

Our First Communion day was lovely, the children all did well and the weather was perfect for the afternoon in the garden afterwards.
GD had also scored her first ever goal in an actual match earlier in the morning so that made her day extra special! I have to say they beat the other team 7-0 so perhaps the goalie wasn’t the best in the world! No matter, she was so happy.

Today is a return visit as I have started looking after the children for a couple of hours after school again. Round trip of almost 30 miles each way, but I feel lucky to be able to do it.

Wishing everyone the best day possible, thinking especially of Grandmajet

Susan56 Mon 07-Jun-21 08:07:54

Thank you Lins, hope your appointment goes well too.

Cherry, hope you are feeling better?

Elizabeth1 Mon 07-Jun-21 08:14:30

Good morning from a sunny start to the day here on the east coast of Fife.

Yesterday’s weather was absolutely beautiful I could see right across the Firth of Forth to Edinburgh, I have a view from my house to die for as they say.envy

Yesterday we went to church for the first time in a few years and it was such a lovely service. We were welcomed by so many people we even got to sing behind our masks which was an unusual state of play.confused

The rest of the day went by quickly sitting in the conservatory looking out into the garden listening to the water feature and watching himself mow the lawn. My neighbours daughter is getting married soon fingers crossed it goes ahead after two previous cancellations I do feel for those couples who have had to postpone their weddings.Happy days are here again now we’re in tier 1. Today’s weather might see a few showers but I think we’re staying put today. We’ve got really lovely new neighbours who have been working hard to repair their new home to their own standards. I like them a lot. The young man has a humour similar to himself I say they’ll be a match for each other. grin
Have a good day everyone enjoy the good weather we’ve been having I believe it’s so much cooler here than south of the border where It can be very muggy. hmm

Greyduster Mon 07-Jun-21 08:16:03

Good morning, Michael, Maw and all GNs. Hang in there Mick. Sunny and warm in South Yorkshire. We didn’t stir a stump yesterday - I was trying to finish some knitting - so today we are going out for some fresh air and exercise. We also have some forms to fill in for DH’s hospital visit tomorrow.
Gagagran your DGD will be knocked out by the Hope Valley (our stamping ground) - it’s a wonderful area for outdoor pursuits. I hope she does well and enjoys it.
Have a good day, folks.

baubles Mon 07-Jun-21 08:19:17

Good morning all from sunny South Lanarkshire. What a gorgeous spell of great weather we’re having, it does raise my spirits.

A pleasant day yesterday although I took a notion for chocolate and rather over did it so ended up feeling a little bleugh. Serves me right.
Art in the garden sounds great Grandmabatty, it’s good to be part of a group, I haven’t drawn or painted since I stopped going to classes a couple of years ago. I’m so unmotivated on my own.

Lovely to hear about your visit from Dollie Mary, they say the cutest things don’t they. Footytots sounds like fun, glad your DGS enjoyed it Grandmadinosaur, the little ones do love a sticker

Sorry your journey home was so stressful Mattie but how brilliant is Iris!

DH is golfing today so I’ll have a bit of a potter. I may even get around to taking one of the seat pads off a dining chair to measure up for recovering, I’ve been thinking about it for an age.

All the best for your appointments today Susan and Lins.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day and hoping Mick gets reconnected, it must be frustrating for him.

Grandmajean Mon 07-Jun-21 08:22:15

Good morning from Cheshire where the sun is doing its best but not quite there yet.
DGS and DS rode round here last night to show off all the things DGS had bought for his new bike with his birthday money. He is nine years old and still likes to visit and show his new "stuff" - lovely childhood years which pass too quickly.
Had a walk later with DS - beautiful sunny evening.

Dwmxwg Mon 07-Jun-21 08:23:32

Good morning all from an overcast north Surrey, a warm day is forecast.
Up early and been to the gym. SOS call from DD to extract a “huge” spider from her kitchen, DH has obliged.
We have had a wonderful weekend on the IOW and was so lovely to meet up with DH’s DGD who I haven’t seen for nearly two years, she is 16 now so very changed in that time. She is vegan and introduced us to a lovely restaurant in Yarmouth with a very inventive and interesting menu.
Today is DD’s birthday. We are going into London on the tube for a bit of shopping and lunch in Soho, meeting up with my sister and her DD (the one who has just qualified as a dr).
DH is kindly doing the taxi service for us and on school pick up for DGSs.
Hope all goes well today for Alazarin and that our posters with illness and worries will have a better day today.

Alygran Mon 07-Jun-21 08:23:52

Good morning from North Yorkshire. Very high cloud here today.
My swollen face settled a bit yesterday but I was wiped out with the antihistamine tablet. It’s less swollen today so I am planning on meeting friends for coffee later. Dark glasses at the ready!
We had a stunning sky at sunset last night. This is the view to the south east!
It’s Carers’ week starting today so specially thinking of all those on here who have that role. It can be very tough.
Have a good day everyone.

Anniebach Mon 07-Jun-21 08:35:33

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

NanKate Mon 07-Jun-21 08:39:38

Hurray Mary Dollie is back at yours. So happy for you. ?

When our DGSs were going through a very difficult time, our youngest FaceTimed us to say he was moving in with US! That was am emotional moment.

NanKate Mon 07-Jun-21 08:40:16

Morning Annie.

Urmstongran Mon 07-Jun-21 08:46:37

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where it’s dry and warm with 21°C forecast this afternoon. We are off out in an hour to mind the smalls for the day. Mummy is coming over here with her laptop as she has work to do to prepare stuff for ‘back to school’ next Monday. A bike ride for Himself and our boy wonder will doubtless be on the cards. We might take them out for lunch. I bought li’l miss a Peppa Pig bubble machine last week which ran out of bubble mix pretty quickly so I’ve bought a stash to take round!

Enjoy Monday those who can. x

Grammaretto Mon 07-Jun-21 08:59:06

Good morning Mick and thanks Maw from the Scottish Borders where it is back to wearing an extra layer today.
How wonderful Marydoll that you had your darling Dollie back.

I had an unexpected, yet delightful, visit from DS1, DiL both DGC and dog. They never say when they are coming and it's lucky I was at home. They mowed the grass, enjoyed the garden and I sent them off with armfuls of rhubarb.
DGS is getting so tall even his mum doesn't recognise him!

I am measuring my bedroom windows for blinds too Gwenisgreat, even watching a video of how to. I think it's about time I had blinds so I don't wake at dawn and dawn is about 4am here.

DGD lost her football match for the first time this season Stilllearning. I'm sure it's a good lesson but disappointing.
Best wishes to all those in hospital and I think there are a few.

Well done to brave Iris
I have an appointment with the chiropracter to hopefully sort my aching joints.

Nannytopsy Mon 07-Jun-21 09:06:09

Good morning Maw & Mick and all who follow.
Bright but overcast in our bit of Suffolk so far. I don’t mind that, as direct sun makes our patio very warm.
We had DGC from Saturday teatime, when they got back from camping, until DS & DiL came for tea then took them home to bed.
I have made a sundress for DGD which according to the tape measure and the sizing details would fit. It is 5” too big, which is ridiculous on a 5yo and about 6” too long. Of course I had finished it all off, tidied the seams etc. It will need a lot of work to put it right. ?
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

gillgran Mon 07-Jun-21 09:20:29

Good Morning to you all from a sunny, warm Cambs., after an uncomfortably, very warm night.!

Thank you for opening up again, Maw, send our regards to Mick.

Congratulations to Georgesgran, best wishes to you & your family.

I hope all goes well for Alazarin today.

Kind thoughts for Auntieflo, Cherry, & all who have extra worries just now. flowers

Sar53 Mon 07-Jun-21 09:24:05

Good morning from a warm and sunny Essex by the sea.
DH has decamped to his boat, he does love to potter but there is a lot to do before we can use it.
I am starting to pack today for my visit to DD1 on Wednesday. I am so looking forward to seeing my three granddaughters as it's been 10 months since I last saw them. Apparently the 12 year old is now taller than her mum at 5ft 9in !!! I will definitely be 'little nan'.
Washing is on, ironing done so I think a cup of tea is called for.
I hope Mick gets sorted soon and is back with us.
Enjoy Monday whatever you are up to xx

Dogsmakemesmile Mon 07-Jun-21 09:27:31

Good morning from the Scottish Borders where the weather seems to be making up its mind temperature wise. I'm sure I heard that there may be heavy showers and thunder later. Wash out, vegetables prepped and now paperwork being tackled. Dusting may feature. Start the week on. More visitors tomorrow to the garden. Managed to get to allotment yesterday. Was slightly overwhelmed by being back but so grateful. Thinking of all posters especially those for whom today is daunting.

GrannySomerset Mon 07-Jun-21 09:33:31

Grey skies and much cooler this morning but dry so the two loads of bedding can dry outside - always a bonus as it costs nothing and smells lovely.

DH very dismal this morning - I think we are both depressed by the thought that things can only get worse - and is having a leisurely start to the day. We will bounce back because there is really no choice.

Lovely news from Marydoll and the others who had family visits yesterday. Glad the travellers are safely home and hope we all have the best day we can.

Blossoming Mon 07-Jun-21 09:34:49

Good morning all. I don’t know what the weather is doing as the curtains are still closed. Sitting up in bed drinking my morning tea and having a catch up before tackling today’s jobs. Happy Monday all ?

dragonfly46 Mon 07-Jun-21 09:38:02

GrannySomerset flowers