Gransnet forums

Chat

Good morning from Mick

(58 Posts)
MawBe Tue 08-Jun-21 06:16:58

Message from Mick who is still unable to post. He says “I am trying with help of tech to sort it out maybe a password change is needed”.
Good Morning Everyone,
Its bright but with cloud this morning in Brackley, usual trip to Bicester plus housework for me.
Take Care,
Mick

dragonfly46 Tue 08-Jun-21 07:57:39

Good morning from glorious Leicestershire.

Thank you for opening Maw.

Pleased you are coping with the situation Ashcombe it all still seems precarious as the opening up here looks to be delayed.

Our usual trot round the block this morning then Pilates this afternoon and Mindfulness. My teacher was on the news last night with a different breast cancer group!
Then must finish my Ocado order.

Wishing everyone a good day.

NannyJan53 Tue 08-Jun-21 07:58:16

Good morning from a very sunny Black Country.

Enjoyed the 2 1/2 hours walk yesterday, the photo's show the lovely countryside minutes walk away from my Black Country town!

Today I am taking my friend for a belated birthday lunch. Her birthday was last November, so only 7 months late smile. We are going to Bewdley which is about 25 minutes drive from here. A lovely little pub by the river.

Welcome allule to this lovely thread. Wow 9 grandchildren! I have 4 and only 1 is a teenager now, the 2nd will be 13 in August.

I hope Mick can start posting again soon. Thank you Maw for opening up.

Wishing you all a lovely day

Susan56 Tue 08-Jun-21 07:58:56

Good morning from sunny Staffordshire.

We had a good journey over this morning, tried a different route and knocked ten minutes off our usual time.DGS in high spirits when we arrived!DD has booked a table at a local pub so we will all go out for tea before DH and I set off home.

Sorry to hear your son in law is unwell again Grandmabatty.Such a worry and so difficult getting follow up appointments.

Hoping that Cherry is resting and feeling better?

Thinking of all with appointments,illness and worries and of course our missing friends.

Have a good day all??

Gingster Tue 08-Jun-21 08:04:24

Good morning all from a glorious Suffolk coast. The air is clear, the sea is calm and there’s no one on the beach.

Last night a group of teenagers had a bar b q down there. They were no trouble but they must have slept on the beach and woke up at dawn, chatting and laughing, squealing as they swam in the sea. Oh to be young and carefree! What fun. ☺️.

I aim to start clearing sheds today. They are a mess and need to be tidied. We have too much stuff , that’s the trouble. I’ll do a couple of hours while DH mows the lawn AGAIN. My back is still sore so I must be careful but jobs need to be done, especially as visitors will be arriving in the next few weeks .

GranMattie I now find that travelling is tiring and need a day to get over it. Especially on trains and tubes.

Grandmadinasour - neighbours can be annoying. Enjoy your day out and hopefully he’ll have run out of logs to chop.

Ash what a shame you can’t see DH soon. You are very positive though and hopefully can be reunited in August. ?.

Brook - you will have to pace yourself with those GC . They can be tiring although we love to see them. I can’t do as much as a couple of years ago. My energy levels just aren’t the same.

Amselerin isn’t it funny how we got used to not seeing people.
Suddenly my calendar is filling up and I’m thinking ‘oh for a quiet life’ ??. No pleasing me! ?.

I’m off for a walk along the beach with little pooch. Rip van Winkle is still ??????.

Have a pleasant day all and enjoy this beautiful weather ?

kittylester Tue 08-Jun-21 08:10:39

Correct garden centre, Topsy. It is now a Dobbies and has a Sainsbury's embedded! shock It also has a Joules - very dangerous!

Thankfully, the tea and cake part is still where we left it!!

Grandmajean Tue 08-Jun-21 08:15:24

Morning from Cheshire. DH off to golf soon so I can pootle about to my heart's content.
What a great idea Gagagran
Wishing all the best day possible.

cornergran Tue 08-Jun-21 08:20:25

Morning All from a bright, sunny corner of Somerset. Thanks for opening up maw, hopefully a password change will sort the gremlins mick,

Enjoyed our NT visit yesterday, today I’ve lunch with a GN friend while Mr C enjoys some peace and quiet.

Good luck to mrgreyd and anyone with medical checks. Snap baubles. I woke this morning in a panic because I haven’t done our grocery order then remembered we’d decided to go to a supermarket ourselves this week. I’m not surprised you’re tired grandMattie, let yourself recover from the travelling and busy days.

Have the best day possible everyone, hope Tuesday is kind to us all.

Marydoll Tue 08-Jun-21 08:23:08

Good morning all from a cloudy Glasgow. Maw, thanks for opening up. Mick, could you not just delete your present account and make a new one. (With the help of HQ) Many on GN have previously done this, due to tech issues. It could be resolved in no time.

Yesterday turned out to a busy one and my plans went to pot.
My idea of getting out early, almost came to fruition, until DS2 arrived three hours early to deal with the broken PC, just as I was leaving.
DH (as usual), had got the wrong end of the stick!!! ?‍♀️ Of course he was hiding up on the golf course, but could see everything, so DS stood out on the doorstep and made a point of waving to him!
We had a rare catch up on our own. DS2 and I have a special bond. He was a very ill baby and toddler, almost dying twice from anaphylaxis. His early years were spent, glued to my hip! No-one (apart from my mum) was willing to babysit him, they were too afraid of a critical incident. ?
Now a strapping, healthy, fierce looking Outlander, he is still my baby! ?
His parting words were: P (his fiancée) asked if you have a care package for our trip to Durham today. She was thinking of Mars Bar cake! ?

I eventually managed out, hours later and after finding a rare space outside my GPS surgery, had a light bulb ?moment! After realising that I was only five minutes away, down the back streets from the retail park, , I could visit TK Maxx, Home Bargains etc, etc sans DH cramping my style! ?
However, it was extremely busy, but most folk were elderly, sensibly wearing masks, even outside and being very good at distancing. After picking up some begonias and a reduced linen top in TKMaxx ( a tiny part of loose stitching and I negotiated £6 off it, ?) I decided it decided it was too risky for me and came home.

We are off to the post office to post the computer part back to the company. It a very expensive and fragile part, as its still under warranty, its going back.
It must have taken at least an hour to pack it in anti static bags and bubble wrap and do all the necessary paper work. My skills as an ICT co-ordinator, were resurrected, when it all got too much for DH. He was going to put it in a large envelope!!! I have recently realised my usually efficient and clever husband is just not himself. Nothing tangible, but not himself. ☹

I will love you and leave my friends, a bad night has left me struggling, a restful day, methinks! Take care everyone special thoughts to those in sick bay. ?
I will be back later to read. DH is champing at the bit to get out!!

Lins1066 Tue 08-Jun-21 08:24:10

Good morning from a partly sunny S Welsh coast. Our pup is poorly, took him to the vet yesterday, he has a double ear infection and a high temperature. He's had two lots of medication and has to go back to the vet at 9, so will read everyone's posts later.
Lovely photo Dwm.
Hope everyone will have a pleasant day.

Sar53 Tue 08-Jun-21 08:26:56

Good morning from a beautiful day here in Essex by the sea.
DH has gone off for an early blood test then he is off to potter on his boat again.
I have to go to the chemist later and will probably have a walk by the sea.
I had an upsetting phone call with DD1 yesterday afternoon which caused a disturbed night. I will be seeing her tomorrow so we can chat more then. My almost teenage granddaughter is having problems with friends at school again.
Hopefully Mick will be sorted soon and back on this lovely thread.
Have a great day everyone xxx

Urmstongran Tue 08-Jun-21 08:41:10

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where it’s a little cooler but I can see patches of blue so I think it will be another nice day. Lucky us! I slept the sleep of the just last night. Yesterday’s minding then trip out on a bus with the smalls was lovely but tiring!

Anyway all I have to do today is shower and dress ready to walk at noon to meet retired friends from my book club. This has become a fortnightly event and this is No. 5 meet. It will make a nice change to stroll over in the sunshine. We are a mixed bag and it’s nice getting to know each other better. One is a retired headteacher with a holiday house in France. Another had a high powered managerial post in a children’s charity and she has two holiday houses - one in France and one she lets out on Anglesey. On lady (the warmest and funniest) used to work at John Lewis. Lastly but not least is my walking buddy who was a health visitor. It is lovely developing a depth of friendship - we don’t even talk about books!

Hi to you allule ? we like to know where you live and what the weather’s like this morning. You know, important stuff!

Enjoy Tuesday everybody if you can. Life’s good. x

Anniebach Tue 08-Jun-21 08:41:40

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Urmstongran Tue 08-Jun-21 08:46:23

Hope your cocker spaniel youngster is okay Lins after the trip to the vet, poor boy.
?

Urmstongran Tue 08-Jun-21 08:49:27

We used to have 2 of them, sisters, as you know. Apparently they can be prone to ear problems with those ear flaps. Thankfully neither of ours had them. Perhaps watch out as you do the bath time? I used to just send ours to the dog parlour once a month (then sit down in a darkened room after paying the bill).
?

Feelingmyage55 Tue 08-Jun-21 08:53:12

Good morning. The haze has already burned off here in the north of Scotland and the garden is trying to play catch after an exceedingly long winter. I gave up with my weakly seedlings and bought some bedding plants yesterday. They have been soaking overnight as they were rather sad and I will plant them up this morning.
How I enjoyed the tennis yesterday from France. The tiny crowd/not-a-crowd-at-all had big voices and it certainly made a good atmosphere.
I haven’t placed a supermarket order and plan to shop in person in the next few days. It will be the first time for over a year. I am just psyching myself up for it, deciding whether it is better to go early morning or late evening.
Best wishes to all and your families to whom you give so generously of your love and time.

fiorentina51 Tue 08-Jun-21 08:53:49

Good morning everyone from sunny Worcestershire. Nothing exciting going on today for us, just general jobs.
Have a lovely day. ?

EkwaNimitee Tue 08-Jun-21 09:00:25

Good morning everyone from sunny Carlisle. It must be very frustrating for you, Mick, not being able to get on GN. I hope you're soon sorted, it's been days now.
A day of housework, admin(it seems endless) and trying to get tradespeople to come and do stuff for me. I had a bill come for my car insurance which made me look at a comparison website. I found I could insure for half as much--with the company I left for the current one! It is annoying to keep chopping and changing every year. DS1 says he does it all the time but I'd rather have less messing about.
Best wishes to all in recovery and the best of days to all.

Alygran Tue 08-Jun-21 09:00:31

Good morning from North Yorkshire. High clouds and another warm day here.
Had a fitful night’s sleep till about 5 then fell sound asleep till 8.30. It wouldn’t usually matter as my time is my own but today I have friends coming for lunch and to put my pictures back up after the decorating.
I need to get on!
Have a good day everyone.

Grammaretto Tue 08-Jun-21 09:02:20

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. I went outside to drink my tea but it wasn't sitootable. Far too chilly.
Yoga this morning and a friend is calling for afternoon tea.
I have been very lazy since my daily walking friend has been on holiday.
After the chiropractor yesterday, I thought I'd better take it easy. Then hearing how Marydoll can do all she does with her poor health, I am ashamed of my laziness.

I have booked -you have to book so much in advance now - an Edinburgh gallery tomorrow and potfest at the weekend. An unmissable event in my calendar.
potfest.co.uk/scotland

Thanks for the beautiful photos NannyJan

Georgesgran Tue 08-Jun-21 09:13:12

Good morning from Durham where it’s brightening up nicely. I’ve DD2s dogs here while she recovers from her C Section, so I’ll walk them before it gets too warm then a quick trip to a Garden Centre - a small family owned one, and home to potter.
Have a good day. X

GrannySomerset Tue 08-Jun-21 09:14:50

Glorious morning and wonderful cleaner is here to work her magic, so we shall have a briefly immaculate house later. I have a blood pressure check this afternoon and expect it to be far too high owing to a succession of minor dramas with DH. I wish I could take life in my stride more but would need a personality transplant.

Hope Mick defeats the gremlins and that Marydoll catches up with her day. Strength and energy to all those in grandparent duty!

muse Tue 08-Jun-21 09:21:02

Sunny Cornwall is beaming at me
Car collection is calling me.
Tomatoes in toast are looking at me

Back later this afternoon to read all the news.

Thank you to Maw and good morning Mick. Hope GNHQ sort out the problem ???

Dogsmakemesmile Tue 08-Jun-21 09:27:13

Good morning from the Scottish Borders. much cooler than yesterday. Have two lovely people coming for morning coffee. Think we will need our coats on outside for morning coffee. Later will do as much housework as Ddog allows. He is a thwarted gun dog and sees dusters etc as game. I hope people (and pups) have a good day.

Grandmafrench Tue 08-Jun-21 09:36:11

Good Morning everyone from my sunny 30 degree Paradise Corner where all my plants are shouting for a drink and the sprinklers are splashing away.

Had such a very happy, ordinary and normal day yesterday. Our wonderful hairdresser has recently decided to give up the stresses of a salon and now visits at home. Since I have never enjoyed a salon visit - especially swanky London ones - only the end results - this new arrangement so appeals. Yesterday she cut my DH’s hair in the sunshine of our courtyard, had coffee, loved our English biscuits, made such a fuss of our dogs and it was all so easy, I shall look forward to this new way of doing things!

We spent the afternoon in the countryside and on the terrace of some friends in a warm breeze with a view to die for and lemon meringue pie to match. ?. And…….we had our First Hugs for 16 months. ?? How wonderful was that. I had a huge lump in my throat and couldn’t stop smiling and we had so much catching up to do. Seeing some Swiss living folk tomorrow - more friends arriving at their holiday home nearby for the first time since October. I’m shocked at how all this has lifted my spirits !

Hope your little pup is soon better, Lins. Did you bathe him recently! One of our dogs - and we are SO careful - had two bad infections due to her having some water in her ear from the shampooing. For most dogs with floppy ears, it’s often an ear mite problem or a grass seed, but with Chloe always due to ‘damp’ setting up a problem. Paws crossed he recovers quickly.

Teenage girls can be vile, Sar. There, I’ve said it. They made the school life of a GD hell at one stage. It was all about jealousy and her being too trusting. She’s an accomplished musician and a brilliant singer and they hated her for that. It was resolved and, in her 20’s, the ringleader is now a good friend. I’ve never forgiven her, but then it’s not a good spectator sport, is it? Nobody needs to deliberately cause someone else’s unhappiness and think that’s ok. At least your DD knows about it though, which is half the battle. Don’t worry, you’ll be able to sort it out between you, I’m sure. x

Hope you’re having a better day today, Alizarin. Brave lady - it’s behind you (as they say at the Pantomime) and you can now look forward to a pain free life again. ?

To all with worries, tests, anxieties, concerns, ill health, struggles - sending warm wishes for calm waters soon and good news. To those enjoying ‘a bit of normal’, I’m thrilled for you. Live life and find some laughs. Just be careful while you do it, please.

Cherry if you’ve not posted, hugs and good wishes. Auntieflo the same. Special thoughts to our Missus from the Mersey - Ellan , for the endless cheer and indomitable spirit.

Hugs and love to all if you need it from French France and me! ???‍♀️???

monk08 Tue 08-Jun-21 09:56:49

NannyJan lovely photos, we do indeed have some lovely countryside in the Black country. We have Sandwell valley local to us and enjoy many walks there .